mock draft thread
-
Bleacher's Cory Smith has us passing on Shelton at 12 for DaVante Parker (WR) and taking Dante Fowler (DE/OLB) at 19.
-
Bleacher's Cory Smith has us passing on Shelton at 12 for DaVante Parker (WR) and taking Dante Fowler (DE/OLB) at 19.
Bleacher has us passing on Shelton at 12 for DaVante Parker (WR) and taking Dante Fowler (DE/OLB) at 19.
Not a chance - also, I watched Fowler yesterday. Didn't come away impressed with his pass rush at all. Plays the run quite well, doesn't apply much pressure when a tackle gets his hands on him.
-
Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?
He will not draft a wr in round 1
Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?
He will not draft a wr in round 1
I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".
To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.
-
Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?
He will not draft a wr in round 1
I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".
To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.
I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".
To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.
He didn't say the exact words, but listening to him, he won't draft a wr that high.
-
I can't see us trading up for Shelton when chances are decent he would still be there at 12. If not go for the best available OT and pick up either Goldman (FSU) or Brown (Texas) as the run stopping DT. One will still be there at 19.
-
Haven't these mock guys listened to what Farmer has said?
He will not draft a wr in round 1
I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".
To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.
I don't remember him saying that. I remember him defending his choice to not draft one last year and I remember him saying that, in his opinion, he'd rather take someone who has more impact every down that high...but I don't remember him saying "We will not draft a WR in the first round".
To be honest, if he said that, he should be fired.
He didn't say the exact words, but listening to him, he won't draft a wr that high.
I think yer both right really......
He didn't say he wouldn't draft one in the first, but he did say that he doesn't covet WR as a highly valued position.....implying that he'd probably not pick one unless he was an extraordinary player.....which I dont see this year...
-
Did my "ideal" draft. I'll list the critical picks that will dictate what the Brownies do. I'll also toss out my thoughts. But this is the scenario that would strike, what I feel to be harmony, between getting impact players and more picks. I apologize for the long read.
#3 Jacksonville - Shane Ray. - Jacksonville has a good Dline, with a good pass rush. Make it elite since they don't value OT this high. therefore take the drafts best pass rusher.
#5 Washington - Gregory - Orakpo is gone, no DB worth this pick. Its Washington, because if one team is dumb enough to do this, its them.
#6 Jets - Peat - I stand by this. Ferguson is hit or miss, they still don't know what they have with Geno. Their WR's are damn good on paper. Solidify the Oline.
#7 Bears - Shelton - New coach, new defense that likes to give a lot of looks for a team that historical is good defensively. It fits.
#8 Atlanta - Arik Armstead or Fowler - Atlanta wants to charge up the defensive front and Peat is gone.
#9 Gmen - Schreff - With Cruz healthy might be the best WR group in the NFL. Need to protect Eli. Long shot being TJ Clemmings here.
Brownies @ 12 - Trade down. Hear me out, Shelton is gone. The next impact Dlineman anywhere close to playing 0-1 technique is Carl Davis. Malcolm Brown won't make it past 15 and Philly will be very desperate for a QB. Especially since they totally bombed their last years 1st rounder with Marcus Smith. Need to energize the fan base. We take Philly's 20th and their 2nd rounder for them to move up 8 spots. Win - Win.
@ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. Big 0-1 Tech that will anchor the middle and is surprisingly as quick on his feet as Shelton for a big man. The tape I saw and his standout senior bowl performance make me shocked his name isn't tossed around more.
@ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah I haven't found tape on a pass rusher that uses his hands more naturally. Ray is a bit quicker off the ball, everybody else has the luxury of playing at a bigger school with more media exposure. He has a good blend of burst, hand use, strength, awareness and agility to be a difference maker with some coaching. He stays low, disciplined and plays the run very, very well and is far more at home dropping into coverage than any OLB prospect in this draft.
Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.
@43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State. For obvious reasons, plus I like this kid. He has the look of a potential NFL QB. Good pocket presence, doesn't have much talent at receiver to help but is still productive. I like when a QB can elevate the game of those around him. Also the QB drop off after him is substantial. Honestly I wouldn't expect the kid to even be available with the Jets and Skins picking ahead of us. One can dream though, right?
@ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford. Height, speed, strong hands and a willing run blocker. Love it.
3rd round we go BPA and make it the hat trick for our offense.
@77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State. A solid presence over the middle. A bit more athletic than Barnidge or Dr. Dray. Good redzone target that knows how to find holes in zone.
4th round I believe we can make some noise and get great depth.
@108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. The Florida Oline was so bad and so injury depleted that he had to play some time at left tackle. Surprisingly he wasn't as terrible as expected. He's played both spots on the interior quite well and again, athletic enough to go outside. I think he'd be a great pickup and the quality swing man this Oline (god forbid) may need.
@112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State. I say we get another insurance policy with a smart, steady player at ILB. Not the sexy pick, but a good one.
5th round is what you'd expect:
@ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson - Taking a swing at a kid with some upside that did quite well holding the point across from Vic Beasley
At this point I could give a rats ass about 6th or 7th round. Maybe another TE, G or WR here wouldn't hurt. But that is the draft I'd love to see happen and if its anything close, I might cry tears of joy.
So... .thoughts?
-
Seems like allot of back ups
-
Did my "ideal" draft. I'll list the critical picks that will dictate what the Brownies do. I'll also toss out my thoughts. But this is the scenario that would strike, what I feel to be harmony, between getting impact players and more picks. I apologize for the long read.
#3 Jacksonville - Shane Ray. - Jacksonville has a good Dline, with a good pass rush. Make it elite since they don't value OT this high. therefore take the drafts best pass rusher.
#5 Washington - Gregory - Orakpo is gone, no DB worth this pick. Its Washington, because if one team is dumb enough to do this, its them.
#6 Jets - Peat - I stand by this. Ferguson is hit or miss, they still don't know what they have with Geno. Their WR's are damn good on paper. Solidify the Oline.
#7 Bears - Shelton - New coach, new defense that likes to give a lot of looks for a team that historical is good defensively. It fits.
#8 Atlanta - Arik Armstead or Fowler - Atlanta wants to charge up the defensive front and Peat is gone.
#9 Gmen - Schreff - With Cruz healthy might be the best WR group in the NFL. Need to protect Eli. Long shot being TJ Clemmings here.
Brownies @ 12 - Trade down. Hear me out, Shelton is gone. The next impact Dlineman anywhere close to playing 0-1 technique is Carl Davis. Malcolm Brown won't make it past 15 and Philly will be very desperate for a QB. Especially since they totally bombed their last years 1st rounder with Marcus Smith. Need to energize the fan base. We take Philly's 20th and their 2nd rounder for them to move up 8 spots. Win - Win.
@ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. Big 0-1 Tech that will anchor the middle and is surprisingly as quick on his feet as Shelton for a big man. The tape I saw and his standout senior bowl performance make me shocked his name isn't tossed around more.
@ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah I haven't found tape on a pass rusher that uses his hands more naturally. Ray is a bit quicker off the ball, everybody else has the luxury of playing at a bigger school with more media exposure. He has a good blend of burst, hand use, strength, awareness and agility to be a difference maker with some coaching. He stays low, disciplined and plays the run very, very well and is far more at home dropping into coverage than any OLB prospect in this draft.
Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.
@43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State. For obvious reasons, plus I like this kid. He has the look of a potential NFL QB. Good pocket presence, doesn't have much talent at receiver to help but is still productive. I like when a QB can elevate the game of those around him. Also the QB drop off after him is substantial. Honestly I wouldn't expect the kid to even be available with the Jets and Skins picking ahead of us. One can dream though, right?
@ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford. Height, speed, strong hands and a willing run blocker. Love it.
3rd round we go BPA and make it the hat trick for our offense.
@77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State. A solid presence over the middle. A bit more athletic than Barnidge or Dr. Dray. Good redzone target that knows how to find holes in zone.
4th round I believe we can make some noise and get great depth.
@108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. The Florida Oline was so bad and so injury depleted that he had to play some time at left tackle. Surprisingly he wasn't as terrible as expected. He's played both spots on the interior quite well and again, athletic enough to go outside. I think he'd be a great pickup and the quality swing man this Oline (god forbid) may need.
@112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State. I say we get another insurance policy with a smart, steady player at ILB. Not the sexy pick, but a good one.
5th round is what you'd expect:
@ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson - Taking a swing at a kid with some upside that did quite well holding the point across from Vic Beasley
At this point I could give a rats ass about 6th or 7th round. Maybe another TE, G or WR here wouldn't hurt. But that is the draft I'd love to see happen and if its anything close, I might cry tears of joy.
So... .thoughts?
-
Did my "ideal" draft. I'll list the critical picks that will dictate what the Brownies do. I'll also toss out my thoughts. But this is the scenario that would strike, what I feel to be harmony, between getting impact players and more picks. I apologize for the long read.
#3 Jacksonville - Shane Ray. - Jacksonville has a good Dline, with a good pass rush. Make it elite since they don't value OT this high. therefore take the drafts best pass rusher.
#5 Washington - Gregory - Orakpo is gone, no DB worth this pick. Its Washington, because if one team is dumb enough to do this, its them.
#6 Jets - Peat - I stand by this. Ferguson is hit or miss, they still don't know what they have with Geno. Their WR's are damn good on paper. Solidify the Oline.
#7 Bears - Shelton - New coach, new defense that likes to give a lot of looks for a team that historical is good defensively. It fits.
#8 Atlanta - Arik Armstead or Fowler - Atlanta wants to charge up the defensive front and Peat is gone.
#9 Gmen - Schreff - With Cruz healthy might be the best WR group in the NFL. Need to protect Eli. Long shot being TJ Clemmings here.
Brownies @ 12 - Trade down. Hear me out, Shelton is gone. The next impact Dlineman anywhere close to playing 0-1 technique is Carl Davis. Malcolm Brown won't make it past 15 and Philly will be very desperate for a QB. Especially since they totally bombed their last years 1st rounder with Marcus Smith. Need to energize the fan base. We take Philly's 20th and their 2nd rounder for them to move up 8 spots. Win - Win.
@ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. Big 0-1 Tech that will anchor the middle and is surprisingly as quick on his feet as Shelton for a big man. The tape I saw and his standout senior bowl performance make me shocked his name isn't tossed around more.
@ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah I haven't found tape on a pass rusher that uses his hands more naturally. Ray is a bit quicker off the ball, everybody else has the luxury of playing at a bigger school with more media exposure. He has a good blend of burst, hand use, strength, awareness and agility to be a difference maker with some coaching. He stays low, disciplined and plays the run very, very well and is far more at home dropping into coverage than any OLB prospect in this draft.
Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.
@43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State. For obvious reasons, plus I like this kid. He has the look of a potential NFL QB. Good pocket presence, doesn't have much talent at receiver to help but is still productive. I like when a QB can elevate the game of those around him. Also the QB drop off after him is substantial. Honestly I wouldn't expect the kid to even be available with the Jets and Skins picking ahead of us. One can dream though, right?
@ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford. Height, speed, strong hands and a willing run blocker. Love it.
3rd round we go BPA and make it the hat trick for our offense.
@77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State. A solid presence over the middle. A bit more athletic than Barnidge or Dr. Dray. Good redzone target that knows how to find holes in zone.
4th round I believe we can make some noise and get great depth.
@108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. The Florida Oline was so bad and so injury depleted that he had to play some time at left tackle. Surprisingly he wasn't as terrible as expected. He's played both spots on the interior quite well and again, athletic enough to go outside. I think he'd be a great pickup and the quality swing man this Oline (god forbid) may need.
@112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State. I say we get another insurance policy with a smart, steady player at ILB. Not the sexy pick, but a good one.
5th round is what you'd expect:
@ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson - Taking a swing at a kid with some upside that did quite well holding the point across from Vic Beasley
At this point I could give a rats ass about 6th or 7th round. Maybe another TE, G or WR here wouldn't hurt. But that is the draft I'd love to see happen and if its anything close, I might cry tears of joy.
So... .thoughts?
I apologize for the long read.
Brownies @ 12 - Trade down.
@ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. ; @ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah
Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.
Rnd 2: @43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State.; @ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford.
3rd round: @77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State
4th round: @108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. @112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State.
5th round is what you'd expect: @ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson
So... .thoughts?
Better a long, thoughtful post than...
What would you do if Shelton is still on the board at #12? If Davis is as close to Shelton as you've been saying, then I've not sure why you wouldn't do this deal in any case. On the other hand, if you would take Shelton, then I think you'd try to move up to get him.
I've been wondering about Orchard's pass coverage. If at 252 he's as agile as you imply, then he sounds like the 3-down OLB I have been craving.
As for the rest... gets so hard to comment since I have at best a vague idea of the other options were available at a given pick... fortunately that has never stopped me...
My impressions are:
- could have done more to help the O-line - I think some good interior talent that will be there in Rnd 2.
- picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th look like reaches - at least DraftScout would say they are.
- O'Leary's about right in the 3rd, but I don't see him emerging from a 3rd round group based upon our needs; I think there's better TE value in the 4th.
-
I apologize for the long read.
Brownies @ 12 - Trade down.
@ 19 - Brownies take Carl Davis, DT: Iowa. ; @ 20 - Nate Orchard, OLB: Utah
Now in this scenario we have two 2nd round picks. This is what I want (if) when Hoyer resigns.
Rnd 2: @43 Garrett Grayson, QB: Colorado State.; @ 52 Ty Montgomery, WR: Stanford.
3rd round: @77 Nick O' Leary, TE: Florida State
4th round: @108 - Max Garcia, G/C: Florida. @112 - Mike Hull, ILB/OLB, Penn State.
5th round is what you'd expect: @ 139 Corey Crawford, DE: Clemson
So... .thoughts?
Better a long, thoughtful post than...
What would you do if Shelton is still on the board at #12? If Davis is as close to Shelton as you've been saying, then I've not sure why you wouldn't do this deal in any case. On the other hand, if you would take Shelton, then I think you'd try to move up to get him.
I've been wondering about Orchard's pass coverage. If at 252 he's as agile as you imply, then he sounds like the 3-down OLB I have been craving.
As for the rest... gets so hard to comment since I have at best a vague idea of the other options were available at a given pick... fortunately that has never stopped me...
My impressions are:
- could have done more to help the O-line - I think some good interior talent that will be there in Rnd 2.
- picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th look like reaches - at least DraftScout would say they are.
- O'Leary's about right in the 3rd, but I don't see him emerging from a 3rd round group based upon our needs; I think there's better TE value in the 4th.
Better a long, thoughtful post than...
What would you do if Shelton is still on the board at #12? If Davis is as close to Shelton as you've been saying, then I've not sure why you wouldn't do this deal in any case. On the other hand, if you would take Shelton, then I think you'd try to move up to get him.
I've been wondering about Orchard's pass coverage. If at 252 he's as agile as you imply, then he sounds like the 3-down OLB I have been craving.
As for the rest... gets so hard to comment since I have at best a vague idea of the other options were available at a given pick... fortunately that has never stopped me...
My impressions are:
- could have done more to help the O-line - I think some good interior talent that will be there in Rnd 2.
- picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th look like reaches - at least DraftScout would say they are.
- O'Leary's about right in the 3rd, but I don't see him emerging from a 3rd round group based upon our needs; I think there's better TE value in the 4th.
- If Shelton is still on the board then I take him. Davis I feel would be equally capable at holding the line and getting decent push. Yet I feel Shelton has a little more burst in a short area and might provide a bit better interior pass rush. Lets not kid ourselves, the AFC North in the early months are pass first teams like the Ratbirds and Steelers. Would I move up to get Shelton? No.
Carl is a fine consolation and I wouldn't spend any additional picks on Shelton when I could have a mammoth by staying put. If I get Shelton, the Orchard pick might not happen.
As for Orchard. He appears to flow laterally quite well, gets his head around to track the running back and gets good depth when nothing in front of him. Obviously at the position he'll never defend more than a hook/curl/or flat zone, but he looks plenty capable of doing it. Like I said, he uses his hand with instinct, they're always moving, swiping, tearing etc etc.
- I like O Leary as a compliment to our current TE crop. Hence why I don't mind him in the 3rd. You may be right on the Oline help. Two other names that stood out to me, Laken Tomlinson and Aundrey Walker. The latter plays at USC but is from Cleveland I found. I couldn't find much on Walker, but what I did showed him doing some good work in the zone stretch that USC has used for years. Including a front side pull which he skipped around the tackle and got out in the open quickly. He was working through some injury at one point I saw, but certainly a name in the 4th round you should look at.
Not sure why DraftScouts has my 2nd rounders as a reach. Grayson is the 3rd rated QB on the board and Ty, depending on where you look is the 4th-7threceiver which puts him at 2nd round material.
-
i rather invest in an OL early in the first than a WR.
OL/DL first round. which ever is first, it really doesn't matter to me.
i trust farmer, but am wondering if DOES do the WR because of last year's backlash.
-
just ran the fanspeak simulator and would be happy if we got the same results...her'e's my picks, using the combined draft board....
1(12) - D SHELTON - DT - WASH
1(19) - V BEASLEY - OLB - CLEM
2(11) - GREEN-BECKHAM - WR - OKL
3(13) - T. JACKSON - OG - FLA
4(12) - B. KOYACK - TE - ND
4(16) - T. THOMPSON - OT - OKL
5(11) - S. MANNION - QB - OR....my sleeper
6(13) - J. SAMPLE - SS - LSVL....good value here
6(26) - C. CRAWFORD - DE - CLEM ....good value here
7(12) - J. FOWLER - FB - ALA ...#1 RATED fb
personally, Id be elated.....
-
Better a long, thoughtful post than...
What would you do if Shelton is still on the board at #12? If Davis is as close to Shelton as you've been saying, then I've not sure why you wouldn't do this deal in any case. On the other hand, if you would take Shelton, then I think you'd try to move up to get him.
I've been wondering about Orchard's pass coverage. If at 252 he's as agile as you imply, then he sounds like the 3-down OLB I have been craving.
As for the rest... gets so hard to comment since I have at best a vague idea of the other options were available at a given pick... fortunately that has never stopped me...
My impressions are:
- could have done more to help the O-line - I think some good interior talent that will be there in Rnd 2.
- picks in the 2nd, 4th and 5th look like reaches - at least DraftScout would say they are.
- O'Leary's about right in the 3rd, but I don't see him emerging from a 3rd round group based upon our needs; I think there's better TE value in the 4th.
- If Shelton is still on the board then I take him. Davis I feel would be equally capable at holding the line and getting decent push. Yet I feel Shelton has a little more burst in a short area and might provide a bit better interior pass rush. Lets not kid ourselves, the AFC North in the early months are pass first teams like the Ratbirds and Steelers. Would I move up to get Shelton? No.
Carl is a fine consolation and I wouldn't spend any additional picks on Shelton when I could have a mammoth by staying put. If I get Shelton, the Orchard pick might not happen.
As for Orchard. He appears to flow laterally quite well, gets his head around to track the running back and gets good depth when nothing in front of him. Obviously at the position he'll never defend more than a hook/curl/or flat zone, but he looks plenty capable of doing it. Like I said, he uses his hand with instinct, they're always moving, swiping, tearing etc etc.
- I like O Leary as a compliment to our current TE crop. Hence why I don't mind him in the 3rd. You may be right on the Oline help. Two other names that stood out to me, Laken Tomlinson and Aundrey Walker. The latter plays at USC but is from Cleveland I found. I couldn't find much on Walker, but what I did showed him doing some good work in the zone stretch that USC has used for years. Including a front side pull which he skipped around the tackle and got out in the open quickly. He was working through some injury at one point I saw, but certainly a name in the 4th round you should look at.
Not sure why DraftScouts has my 2nd rounders as a reach. Grayson is the 3rd rated QB on the board and Ty, depending on where you look is the 4th-7threceiver which puts him at 2nd round material.
Would I move up to get Shelton? No.
Not sure why DraftScouts has my 2nd rounders as a reach. Grayson is the 3rd rated QB on the board and Ty, depending on where you look is the 4th-7threceiver which puts him at 2nd round material.
I'm not sure Shelton is one of this draft's "elites", but if he is, then I move up for him.
DraftScouts ranks over 2800 players and they do not weight positions. They do allow a +/- variance around a rating. For example Grayson is their #4 of 140 QBs (he's moved up), but overall he's 105 of 2824 players. Pick 105 would fall in Round 4, but the variance makes him rate as a 3/4.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107942&draftyear=2015&genpos=QB
For any given player you can make a case that they have him too low (or high), but if you are consistently low or high, then there may be an issue with considering the "pool". This year for the first time they've added a link to a list of their top 750 players , in order.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2015&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
7(12) - J. FOWLER - FB - ALA ...#1 RATED fb
Do you think Fowler moves well enough to be effective at the NFL level?
-
Would I move up to get Shelton? No.
Not sure why DraftScouts has my 2nd rounders as a reach. Grayson is the 3rd rated QB on the board and Ty, depending on where you look is the 4th-7threceiver which puts him at 2nd round material.
I'm not sure Shelton is one of this draft's "elites", but if he is, then I move up for him.
DraftScouts ranks over 2800 players and they do not weight positions. They do allow a +/- variance around a rating. For example Grayson is their #4 of 140 QBs (he's moved up), but overall he's 105 of 2824 players. Pick 105 would fall in Round 4, but the variance makes him rate as a 3/4.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=107942&draftyear=2015&genpos=QB
For any given player you can make a case that they have him too low (or high), but if you are consistently low or high, then there may be an issue with considering the "pool". This year for the first time they've added a link to a list of their top 750 players , in order.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/members/ratings/top750.php?draftyear=2015&sortby=rateall&order=ASC
7(12) - J. FOWLER - FB - ALA ...#1 RATED fb
Do you think Fowler moves well enough to be effective at the NFL level?
-
I think it would be well worth revisiting Draft Scouts after free agency, combine and individual college pro days are completed.
Think I will make a hard copy now and compare the changes with those revisions.
Right now I'm leaning towards Peat or Collins followed by best available ILB. A decent DT should still be there 2nd round unless there is a real standout WR we just can't pass on. All depends on free agency so all are wild guesses for now.
-
I think it would be well worth revisiting Draft Scouts after free agency, combine and individual college pro days are completed.
Think I will make a hard copy now and compare the changes with those revisions.
Right now I'm leaning towards Peat or Collins followed by best available ILB. A decent DT should still be there 2nd round unless there is a real standout WR we just can't pass on. All depends on free agency so all are wild guesses for now.
I think it would be well worth revisiting Draft Scouts after free agency, combine and individual college pro days are completed.
Think I will make a hard copy now and compare the changes with those revisions.
Right now I'm leaning towards Peat or Collins followed by best available ILB. A decent DT should still be there 2nd round unless there is a real standout WR we just can't pass on. All depends on free agency so all are wild guesses for now.
But damn, it's better than watching sports news shows right now and really what else we got to do?? A Browns lifer here. Sad and true, see ya after FA's

-
My latest draft on fanspeak, Stud WR's were gone by 19 so decided to build a bad ass defense and take the receivers later in the draft. I think both of them are solid and the OT tackle late in the draft was a steal. Gurley was simply best athlete on the board and couldn't pass him in the 4th.
12: R1P12DT DANNY SHELTONWASHINGTON19: R1P19DE ALVIN DUPREEKENTUCKY43: R2P11ILB DENZEL PERRYMANMIAMI77: R3P13RB TODD GURLEYGEORGIA108: R4P12WR BRESHAD PERRIMANUCF112: R4P16C HRONISS GRASUOREGON139: R5P11WR TRE MCBRIDEWILLIAM & MARY173: R6P13OT D.J. HUMPHRIESFLORIDA186: R6P26QB SEAN MANNIONOREGON STATE204: R7P12K JUSTIN MANTONLOUISIANA-MONROE -
Perriman and McBride.... are not wr's that could step in and
be the Browns' #1. Route running, hands.....etc....
nah. Maybe as a value developmental wr...but we have those
already.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login