Skip to content

What Bernie Kosar Said

The Browns Board
43 22 1.8k
  • Gotta say Im not on the whole Kosar as a coach bandwagon.....

    Im not so sure that having knowledge adds up to being a good teacher or communicator....thats a talent being able to boil it down and instill it in another......and Bernies communication skills are lacking, if you ask me....

    coaching is a profession and one that rewards hard work and effort. There are very few NFL coaches(dare I say none?) that just get "offered" a job outta the blue, some 20 years after they retire, just because.....

    hey....if Kosar wanted to coach, he shoulda put himself out there 20 years ago and started learning the ropes like they all do.....

  • Agree... world of difference between consistently getting pre-snap reads correct in a pre-season broadcasts and teaching the QB position.

    Although Bernie trying to teach "throwing over the top" could be entertaining...

  • Agree... world of difference between consistently getting pre-snap reads correct in a pre-season broadcasts and teaching the QB position.

    Although Bernie trying to teach "throwing over the top" could be entertaining...

    @tour2ma said:

    Agree... world of difference between consistently getting pre-snap reads correct in a pre-season broadcasts and teaching the QB position.

    Although Bernie trying to teach "throwing over the top" could be entertaining...

    I just would like to see Bernie back doing the color commentary on the pre season games. I thought at first he might be a good QB coach but in reality he might be too far removed from the game now, plus the other things that go into coaching. I would not have been disappointed if Pettine had wanted him but I would rather see Pettine get the people in place he wants.