Kanye West storms Grammy stage, rants about Beck's surprise album of the year win
-
Not sure what a 'Garbage Singer' is but I like her style.
Shirley Manson to Kanye: 'You Are Making Yourself Look Like a Complete Tw--'Rolling StoneFebruary 10, 2015
by Kory Grow
Garbage singer Shirley Manson has some harsh words for Kanye West, following the rapper’s claim that Beck should “respect artistry” and give his Album of the Year Grammy to Beyoncé. “It is you who is so busy disrespecting artistry,” she wrote on Facebook in a post that began with “Dear Kanye.”
"You disrespect your own remarkable talents and more importantly you disrespect the talent, hard work and tenacity of all artists when you go so rudely and savagely after such an accomplished and humble artist like Beck. You make yourself look small and petty and spoilt."
Beck Gracefully Responds to Kanye Grammy Diss
"In attempting to reduce the importance of one great talent over another, you make a mockery of all musicians and music from every genre, including your own," she continued. "Grow up and stop throwing your toys around. You are making yourself look like a complete twat."
The Garbage singer also added this biting post-script: “I am pretty certain Beyoncé doesn’t need you fighting any battles on her account. Seems like she’s got everything covered perfectly well on her own.”
West had made his comment backstage, shortly after storming the podium in a way that resembled the time he interrupted Taylor Swift at the VMAs. Although he demurred onstage, gesturing that he was kidding for the cameras, he shared his true feelings at E!’s post-Grammys show. “If they want real artists to keep coming back, they need to stop playing with us,” he said.
"I thought she was going to win," Beck told Us Weekly later, shrugging off West’s display during his acceptance speech. “Come on, she’s Beyoncé! You can’t please everybody, man. I still love [West] and think he’s genius. I aspire to do what he does.”
The rapper, too, lessened his comments later, telling a TMZ paparazzo that he regretted implying that Beck was not an artist. “I wasn’t saying Beck; I said the Grammys,” he said. “Beck knows that Beyoncé should have won; you know that… . Come on, man. I love Beck! But he didn’t have the Album of the Year.”
Related
-
She sang in the band 'garbage'
-
It's too bad that Ted Nugent will probably never get a Grammy but it would be great to see him knock Kanye West on his ass. Maybe Meatloaf will get lucky with bat four....
WSS
-
She sang in the band 'garbage'
She sang in the band 'garbage'
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
-
She sang in the band 'garbage'
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Not sure what is hilarious. Garbage is not like very good or anything but they're better than Kanye West in my opinion
-
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Not sure what is hilarious. Garbage is not like very good or anything but they're better than Kanye West in my opinion
Not sure what is hilarious. Garbage is not like very good or anything but they're better than Kanye West in my opinion
I'm laughing because I am so out of touch.
-
Got ya. Garbage hadn't been around for ten years or more though so now you're even that much more out of touch
-
Beck makes his OWN music. Producer, writer, plays all the instuments, and sings
Beyonce is an expensive kaeroke singer
-
Beck makes his OWN music. Producer, writer, plays all the instuments, and sings
Beyonce is an expensive kaeroke singer
Beck makes his OWN music. Producer, writer, plays all the instuments, and sings
Beyonce is an expensive kaeroke singer
That is why Kanye West is so fucking stupid. The two are completely different kinds of artists.
Beck, as you say is a writer, musician, singer......and though I don't know his stuff well it must be pretty good and many people like him a lot...including some people whose opinion I respect.
Beyonce is a great artist.....and her art is different than Beck's. She is a great performance artist. I don't know....she probably doesn't write many of her own songs...does she? I have never seen her play in instrument....does she ever play. But I think she is an excellent vocal talent.....and has a talent body that she knows what to do with.
There is a lot to be said for her talent.
(It is like the discussion we had about KISS.....great performance artists.....a little light on pure musicianship). Kanye is all about the performance art.....after all, he is fucking Kim Kardashian......who has no other talent than performing whatever schtick she has.
-
I would tend to agree with the Gipper. I also don't think that writing and performing all the parts are necessarily required to be a great artist. Sinatra never wrote a song as far as I know nor did Jack Nicholson write the screenplay is for any of his greatest roles.
WSS
-
-
Word
-
ms. manson in garbage was to kanye like a knat.
angry black dude had the marry the whitest chick with the biggest ass. he blows.
btw garbage was made up of movie producers and the like to form a pretty cool band....nothing like the jeff lynne directed ELO: (they showed kanye upclapping to the song........pleez)
-
West is a fucking asshole, Beck is kinda funky, and the Grammys mean shit.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
