Skip to content

Binge watching Bingo

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
31 6 1.9k
  • @westside-steve said:

    Ah yes! I really liked Vikings. I think there is a new season underway. Did you take a chance on Sons of Liberty? I think its just a 3 episode series.

    WSS

    I have finished the first season of Vikings.

    @the-gipper said:

    I have finished the first season of Vikings.

    I have finished first two Seasons.

  • The Wife and I watched the "First season" of The Dig. I liked it, she couldn't take her eyes off of it.

    Am in the middle of the second season of DaVinci's Demons.

    First season was good. Second season is pretty weird....it has DaVinci going to South America.....uh, no.

    In the last few weeks we have seen the first 3 Seasons of Lovejoy.....yes, it comes from the early 90s....but we still like it, and we hear there is going to be a revival of it soon. In case you don't know, it is a light comedy/mystery starring Ian McShane as a somewhat ne'er do well antiques dealer.

    Am also about to embark on the Final Season of Justified. Enjoyed it all the way through.

  • We tried an episode of the Americans and hated it, maybe I will try again. Now into the fourth season of Boardwalk Empire.

    WSS

  • We tried an episode of the Americans and hated it, maybe I will try again. Now into the fourth season of Boardwalk Empire.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    We tried an episode of the Americans and hated it, maybe I will try again. Now into the fourth season of Boardwalk Empire.

    WSS

    I believe the Americans was outstanding. Finished the Boardwalk Empire Series.

  • So, prison break is pretty good. Almost finished.

  • SPOILER ALERTS....do not read on if you do not want stuff revealed.

    Recently watched the last season of Justified. A bit disjointed compared to the previous seasons....though the addition of Sam Elliot was good.

    By the way....whatever happened to the other 9 million dollars?

    Also saw Season 3 of House of Cards. Good throughout until the end. I still didn't get Stamper's obsession with the girl. And if he was so obsessed, why did he change his mind and kill her? And why did Claire leave? I saw no motivation in that at all. Her own blind stupid ambition?

  • More:

    Have seen the following:

    State of Play. An older BBC Murder Mystery

    Started to watch "An Honorable Woman" It was so draggy and lugubrious I quit after two episodes

    Watched the second season of The Musketeers. Also a BBC production.

    Saw the First season of Black Sails.....enjoyed it.

    I am now into watching the first season of Ray Donovan......still trying to figure out what the show is supposed to be about.

  • I finished the first and started the second season of Ray Donovan.

  • Did you like it? You must of liked it enough to start on season two...

  • Did you like it? You must of liked it enough to start on season two...

    @westside-steve said:

    Did you like it? You must of liked it enough to start on season two...

    Yes, well enough. At first I was thinking WTF is this show about. But basically it is just about his family and the shit they get into and the love/hate they have for each other.

    (and from what I understand, Angelina Jolie feels toward her father about the way that Ray feels towards the character he plays)

  • More Binge watching reviews:

    Started to watch The Strain. It is really just kinda shitty.....kinda gross. Saw 2.5 episodes and put it down. Still have it, will debate whether to watch the rest.

    But in putting it down, I started watching Newsroom, starring Jeff Daniels. And it is outstandingly done. Brought to you by the same people that produced The West Wing. Does it have a liberal slant? Sure, but get the fuck over it you RRRRRepublicans. The main character is an r. It is a well crafted entertaining TV show.

  • No reason propaganda can't be entertaining.

    WSS

  • No reason propaganda can't be entertaining.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    No reason propaganda can't be entertaining.

    WSS

    Though this show did seem to want to try to deal strictly with factual issues. That is basically the whole premise of the show.....that it didn't want a new program that was biased toward any particular view......that it wanted a show that just stated the facts of a situation.....but of course it depicts its characters with a particular point of view.

    And get this: the owner of the network is a woman who plays a right wing corporate ass kisser.......the actress: Jane Fonda.