Stop the Piling On!
-
Bitch
-
^ I agree
I'm sure she has, but I can't remember her ever writing anything with any positivity. The last thing this team needs is a reporter who consistently resorts to pot stirring. You're a local writer why not try to find the good things to write about instead of digging up shit to smear on your hometown team . . . We get enough shit thrown on us from the national media. I would have banned her dumbass a long time ago.
^ I agree
I'm sure she has, but I can't remember her ever writing anything with any positivity. The last thing this team needs is a reporter who consistently resorts to pot stirring. You're a local writer why not try to find the good things to write about instead of digging up shit to smear on your hometown team . . . We get enough shit thrown on us from the national media. I would have banned her dumbass a long time ago.
I remember her writing something with positivity. Remember when she was being positive when she said Jason Campbell was an elite quarterback?

-
I don't mind constructive criticism one bit. That makes you better. I hate the tearing down stuff. There is nothing positive about that. I didn't see Bernie's criticism as tearing down at all but he made specific points we need to look at if we want to improve. It was not just tearing down the club.
-
This Browns team has all the makings of being a great team if they can just find a damn QB. Not saying they'd go to back-to-back SB by any means, but I really think our situation is similar to Seattle the year they drafted Wilson. Could that be Manziel? It doesn't look great but who knows. If Farmer and crew could finally add that huge missing piece we could be right there next year and beyond. Since I've been watching the Browns closely (about the 2003 season) this is the first year I've actually felt we are the cusp of being a good team.
-
This Browns team has all the makings of being a great team if they can just find a damn QB. Not saying they'd go to back-to-back SB by any means, but I really think our situation is similar to Seattle the year they drafted Wilson. Could that be Manziel? It doesn't look great but who knows. If Farmer and crew could finally add that huge missing piece we could be right there next year and beyond. Since I've been watching the Browns closely (about the 2003 season) this is the first year I've actually felt we are the cusp of being a good team.
This Browns team has all the makings of being a great team if they can just find a damn QB. Not saying they'd go to back-to-back SB by any means, but I really think our situation is similar to Seattle the year they drafted Wilson. Could that be Manziel? It doesn't look great but who knows. If Farmer and crew could finally add that huge missing piece we could be right there next year and beyond. Since I've been watching the Browns closely (about the 2003 season) this is the first year I've actually felt we are the cusp of being a good team.
I suppose this is why Farmer appears to be seriously considering trading up for Mariotta. Unfortunately I don't know if that's a good move.
-
The Browns will sign 2-3 big name free agents with Cameron, Gordon, Skrine, Rubin, etc all possibly being gone.
They will draft 2-4 day one starters.
I see this team only getting better.
I hope Manziel can bounce back this offseason. Big if.
The Browns will sign 2-3 big name free agents with Cameron, Gordon, Skrine, Rubin, etc all possibly being gone.
They will draft 2-4 day one starters.
I see this team only getting better.
I hope Manziel can bounce back this offseason. Big if.
Dude manziel sucks. Get over it. Losing Skrine would be a big loss, it would set the secondary back 1-2 years.
-
My .02 would be to resign Hoyer, name him the starting QB and Manziel have to beat him out in preseason. Fill in other holes we need on defensive line, Wr. , another O lineman.
-
This Browns team has all the makings of being a great team if they can just find a damn QB. Not saying they'd go to back-to-back SB by any means, but I really think our situation is similar to Seattle the year they drafted Wilson. Could that be Manziel? It doesn't look great but who knows. If Farmer and crew could finally add that huge missing piece we could be right there next year and beyond. Since I've been watching the Browns closely (about the 2003 season) this is the first year I've actually felt we are the cusp of being a good team.
I suppose this is why Farmer appears to be seriously considering trading up for Mariotta. Unfortunately I don't know if that's a good move.
I suppose this is why Farmer appears to be seriously considering trading up for Mariotta. Unfortunately I don't know if that's a good move.
I've said before that the thing I've always really liked about Mariota is his natural ability to keep his eyes down field under pressure a lot like say Aaron Rodgers. Don't anyone take that as a comparison, but that's a talent that's really, really good but is hard to near impossible to teach. It does scare me coming from that system for sure though-but I'm starting to wonder if that's not going to be a question mark for every top QB prospect before long. He's not a day one guy by any means but the tools are there.
-
My .02 would be to resign Hoyer, name him the starting QB and Manziel have to beat him out in preseason. Fill in other holes we need on defensive line, Wr. , another O lineman.
My .02 would be to resign Hoyer, name him the starting QB and Manziel have to beat him out in preseason. Fill in other holes we need on defensive line, Wr. , another O lineman.
I would like to see the Browns pull off a trade for Nick Foles. Word is the Eagles REALLY want Mariotta, so this is what I do. I trade for Nick Foles and the Eagles 1st round pick of the 2016 draft (next year) and their second-round pick of the 2015 draft and some other later round pick. In exchange, I give them our pick at # 12. Based on the draft value charts:
Eagles give up: Next years # 1 (let's assume they pick ~23 next year) + Foles (assuming high 4th round value) + pick 52 + late round pick = ~1700 points
pick 12 = 1600 points.
Browns get a QB who had a great season in 2013 and shows promise but regressed in 2014 before his injury. They retain their 18th pick which hopefully they can shore up the D-line or right side of O-line. The eagles, on the other hand, now have enough assets to make a play for Mariotta. The Browns go into 2016 with 2 first rounders again, at which point if they STILL need a QB, there will hopefully be a better QB draft class.
-
The Browns will sign 2-3 big name free agents with Cameron, Gordon, Skrine, Rubin, etc all possibly being gone.
They will draft 2-4 day one starters.
I see this team only getting better.
I hope Manziel can bounce back this offseason. Big if.
Is piling on still a penalty call? Or is it all just "unnecessary roughness" now?
Anyway... it's what the media does. Feeding frenzies induced by blood in the water. AS sharks churn the water, so too do writers churn the story. Google "Cleveland Browns news" this morning and you'll find these two consecutive articles:
- Haslem's prints on Browns' woes - Toledo Blade-9 hours ago; and
- Jimmy Haslam Not the Problem, Front Office Is According to One - Dawg Pound Daily-17 hours ago
Big if.
First, you need an "if" for it to be big.
-
Is piling on still a penalty call? Or is it all just "unnecessary roughness" now?
Anyway... it's what the media does. Feeding frenzies induced by blood in the water. AS sharks churn the water, so too do writers churn the story. Google "Cleveland Browns news" this morning and you'll find these two consecutive articles:
- Haslem's prints on Browns' woes - Toledo Blade-9 hours ago; and
- Jimmy Haslam Not the Problem, Front Office Is According to One - Dawg Pound Daily-17 hours ago
Big if.
First, you need an "if" for it to be big.
Anyway... it's what the media does. Feeding frenzies induced by blood in the water.
and reaching epic proportions here in the Cleve......here the radio and written word no longer include "sports news". Now, they basically just report on personal issues and social networking types of things......
Good example.....the Cavs are hot and pushing for 1st place after an 11 game win streak....yet.....for 3 whole days, all day long, the news has only been focused on a Lebron "tweet".....
Seriously....being a "reporter" now just means regurgitating AP releases and scanning social media for dirt.....
-
Anyway... it's what the media does. Feeding frenzies induced by blood in the water.
and reaching epic proportions here in the Cleve......here the radio and written word no longer include "sports news". Now, they basically just report on personal issues and social networking types of things......
Good example.....the Cavs are hot and pushing for 1st place after an 11 game win streak....yet.....for 3 whole days, all day long, the news has only been focused on a Lebron "tweet".....
Seriously....being a "reporter" now just means regurgitating AP releases and scanning social media for dirt.....
and reaching epic proportions here in the Cleve......here the radio and written word no longer include "sports news". Now, they basically just report on personal issues and social networking types of things......
Good example.....the Cavs are hot and pushing for 1st place after an 11 game win streak....yet.....for 3 whole days, all day long, the news has only been focused on a Lebron "tweet".....
Seriously....being a "reporter" now just means regurgitating AP releases and scanning social media for dirt.....
You would think by winning games the reporting would get better but it doesn't look like it.
-
I'm glad Haslam stepped up on Wednesday, handled the press, and supported his guys. He also presented optimism and set the record straight on dysfunction. I would point out two errors: 1) Q do you know about what's on the texts? Hallam : "No" (which no one believes) My recommendation: I cannot comment on subjects that are currently a part of an on-going NFL investigation. 2) Q what is your response to claims that the management team is dysfunctional. Haslam: I don't think we're dysfunctional at all ... We straightened roles and responsibilities at an off season meeting and put together a winning plan. My recommendation: The dysfunctional parts of last year's management/coaching team are no longer with the team. (SLAM!)
-
I'm glad Haslam stepped up on Wednesday, handled the press, and supported his guys. He also presented optimism and set the record straight on dysfunction. I would point out two errors: 1) Q do you know about what's on the texts? Hallam : "No" (which no one believes) My recommendation: I cannot comment on subjects that are currently a part of an on-going NFL investigation. 2) Q what is your response to claims that the management team is dysfunctional. Haslam: I don't think we're dysfunctional at all ... We straightened roles and responsibilities at an off season meeting and put together a winning plan. My recommendation: The dysfunctional parts of last year's management/coaching team are no longer with the team. (SLAM!)
I'm glad Haslam stepped up on Wednesday, handled the press, and supported his guys. He also presented optimism and set the record straight on dysfunction. I would point out two errors: 1) Q do you know about what's on the texts? Hallam : "No" (which no one believes) My recommendation: I cannot comment on subjects that are currently a part of an on-going NFL investigation. 2) Q what is your response to claims that the management team is dysfunctional. Haslam: I don't think we're dysfunctional at all ... We straightened roles and responsibilities at an off season meeting and put together a winning plan. My recommendation: The dysfunctional parts of last year's management/coaching team are no longer with the team. (SLAM!)
Look at the 2014 Texans. New coaches, (one of them being former Browns HC Romeo Crennel) basically the same personnel and the 2-14 2013 team went 9-7 of course they had a J.J.Watt to whom they gave 100 mil and he earned every penny of it. 5 TD's no less. We are so much better off without Shanahan.
-
I believe these guys are doing their level best to put a winning team on the field so I support them. Even if some mistakes were made in the first year I believe these guys are smart enough to learn from the mistakes.
I believe these guys are doing their level best to put a winning team on the field so I support them. Even if some mistakes were made in the first year I believe these guys are smart enough to learn from the mistakes.
I agree and at this point am not convinced we really made mistakes. I haven't written off Gilbert by any means and Manziel is a toss up. I may have written him off but his checking in to rehab shows me the kid knows he has to get things straightened out. If he can get his mind right, I think he has the skill set to be a very good NFL QB, assuming we use him to his strengths and not force him in to a system that isn't his style.
I look at the draft a bit differently. My feeling is if you pull out 2-3 solid players in a draft cycle...that includes UDFA players, you have done a good job. Once the player is on the team, draft position IMO goes out the window, so if your first rounder flops but your 2nd rounder studs, it's all a wash. You can take that down to a guy like Crowell who wasn't drafted. He is a solid player. He makes up for someone else.
Teams have to get 2-3 solid players a draft. Where they come from doesn't really matter.
-
I believe these guys are doing their level best to put a winning team on the field so I support them. Even if some mistakes were made in the first year I believe these guys are smart enough to learn from the mistakes.
I agree and at this point am not convinced we really made mistakes. I haven't written off Gilbert by any means and Manziel is a toss up. I may have written him off but his checking in to rehab shows me the kid knows he has to get things straightened out. If he can get his mind right, I think he has the skill set to be a very good NFL QB, assuming we use him to his strengths and not force him in to a system that isn't his style.
I look at the draft a bit differently. My feeling is if you pull out 2-3 solid players in a draft cycle...that includes UDFA players, you have done a good job. Once the player is on the team, draft position IMO goes out the window, so if your first rounder flops but your 2nd rounder studs, it's all a wash. You can take that down to a guy like Crowell who wasn't drafted. He is a solid player. He makes up for someone else.
Teams have to get 2-3 solid players a draft. Where they come from doesn't really matter.
I agree and at this point am not convinced we really made mistakes. I haven't written off Gilbert by any means and Manziel is a toss up. I may have written him off but his checking in to rehab shows me the kid knows he has to get things straightened out. If he can get his mind right, I think he has the skill set to be a very good NFL QB, assuming we use him to his strengths and not force him in to a system that isn't his style.
I look at the draft a bit differently. My feeling is if you pull out 2-3 solid players in a draft cycle...that includes UDFA players, you have done a good job. Once the player is on the team, draft position IMO goes out the window, so if your first rounder flops but your 2nd rounder studs, it's all a wash. You can take that down to a guy like Crowell who wasn't drafted. He is a solid player. He makes up for someone else.
Teams have to get 2-3 solid players a draft. Where they come from doesn't really matter.
I haven't written off Gilbert either. Nobody could have predicted he would not live up to expectations when we drafted him. He has promised to do better next season so hopefully his actions will match what he is saying. I can overlook things if I see someone giving 100 percent and my anger with Manziel was he was paid to give us his best effort and he didn't do it. Some of that may have been his substance abuse problems and I am glad to see him going to rehab and I look forward to seeing him try again with his head in the game giving us his best effort. That is all we can ask out of someone. This club is real close to being a very good team. I keep going back to the Browns $100,000 study. it just doesn't make sense to do a study like that and not follow the recommendation.
-
Our owner has said there will be no big splash in free agency .........
Which means he thinks top players would be out of their minds to even want to come to such a dysfunctional team..... saying we wont spend is a nice way of saying we suck
-
I'm glad Haslam stepped up on Wednesday, handled the press, and supported his guys. He also presented optimism and set the record straight on dysfunction. I would point out two errors: 1) Q do you know about what's on the texts? Hallam : "No" (which no one believes) My recommendation: I cannot comment on subjects that are currently a part of an on-going NFL investigation. 2) Q what is your response to claims that the management team is dysfunctional. Haslam: I don't think we're dysfunctional at all ... We straightened roles and responsibilities at an off season meeting and put together a winning plan. My recommendation: The dysfunctional parts of last year's management/coaching team are no longer with the team. (SLAM!)
I'm glad Haslam stepped up on Wednesday, handled the press, and supported his guys. He also presented optimism and set the record straight on dysfunction.
Still catching up on all that was said, but good take on what Jimmy at least tried to do. Similar to what Kraft did prior to the Super Bowl.
Our owner has said there will be no big splash in free agency .........
Which means he thinks top players would be out of their minds to even want to come to such a dysfunctional team..... saying we wont spend is a nice way of saying we suck
Obviously your glass is nowhere near half-full...
I read "no big splash" and think, "we've conducted our review and do not see any stars coming available that will be worth the salary they will command to us".
-
Ive always considered "big splash" FA signings to basically mean popular, overpaid skill player......
Example of A BIG SPLASH.....burning the whole wad on a Dez Bryant.....or.....Suh type of player....which would cause many to dance in the street....
Where I think Farmer(and the Browns) would more likely sign 3-4 journeyman players(for the same money) and fill several needs.
This would get me dancing.....
-
Here is my honest opinion about these general issues:
The difference between the Browns and say the Patriots, is that they have (and have had) Tom Brady and we don't.
Yes....that means I don't think their owner Bob Kraft is any better of an owner than we have had in Lerner and Haslam. I think BB would have been a decent DC, but as a HC his success is fairly well much built on Brady. I don't think their scouting departments/GMs have been any better really than the Browns.
So, that's it.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login