Would you make this trade for Foles?
-
I was thinking the Browns are in a good place to be able to give the Eagles to get the ammunition they need to trade up for Mariotta, so would you make this trade?
Browns trade the 2015 #12 pick for Nick Foles, the Eagles 2016 1st round pick and 2015 second round pick. This gives the Eagles two first-round picks to try and trade up for Mariotta, and gives the Browns a potential franchise QB this year. If he doesn't pan out, they have two first round picks in 2016 to try and get another QB.
I don't see why they would trade with us just to try and trade up again.
Tampa Bay, New York and (possibly) Washington are all in need of a quarterback. This trade makes no sense for Philadelphia.
However, I'd take it. Then I'd trade #19 and Foles to Washington to move up to #5. Washington gets a young, talented QB with a proven track record in the NFL (who also comes with inside info on a hated division rival) and they can still get the pass rusher or cornerback they need at #19.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
And then we'd have two second round picks, a third, and two fourth round picks to fill in positions of need.
I don't see why they would trade with us just to try and trade up again.
Tampa Bay, New York and (possibly) Washington are all in need of a quarterback. This trade makes no sense for Philadelphia.
However, I'd take it. Then I'd trade #19 and Foles to Washington to move up to #5. Washington gets a young, talented QB with a proven track record in the NFL (who also comes with inside info on a hated division rival) and they can still get the pass rusher or cornerback they need at #19.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
And then we'd have two second round picks, a third, and two fourth round picks to fill in positions of need.
OK, what would you trade for Foles.....forget about retrading to go up to get Mariotta.
Foles is in what? His third year. He is semi-proven. We know he can play and win in this league.
His upside may very well be as good or better than Mariota.
Maybe instead of the Mariott we can stay at The Ritz....or the Foles Seasons.
-
I was thinking the Browns are in a good place to be able to give the Eagles to get the ammunition they need to trade up for Mariotta, so would you make this trade?
Browns trade the 2015 #12 pick for Nick Foles, the Eagles 2016 1st round pick and 2015 second round pick. This gives the Eagles two first-round picks to try and trade up for Mariotta, and gives the Browns a potential franchise QB this year. If he doesn't pan out, they have two first round picks in 2016 to try and get another QB.
I don't see why they would trade with us just to try and trade up again.
Tampa Bay, New York and (possibly) Washington are all in need of a quarterback. This trade makes no sense for Philadelphia.
However, I'd take it. Then I'd trade #19 and Foles to Washington to move up to #5. Washington gets a young, talented QB with a proven track record in the NFL (who also comes with inside info on a hated division rival) and they can still get the pass rusher or cornerback they need at #19.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
And then we'd have two second round picks, a third, and two fourth round picks to fill in positions of need.
I don't see why they would trade with us just to try and trade up again.
Exactly... for us to get involved it has to be 3-way deal.
The rest was worthy of Draft Day II.
-
I don't see why they would trade with us just to try and trade up again.
Tampa Bay, New York and (possibly) Washington are all in need of a quarterback. This trade makes no sense for Philadelphia.
However, I'd take it. Then I'd trade #19 and Foles to Washington to move up to #5. Washington gets a young, talented QB with a proven track record in the NFL (who also comes with inside info on a hated division rival) and they can still get the pass rusher or cornerback they need at #19.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
And then we'd have two second round picks, a third, and two fourth round picks to fill in positions of need.
OK, what would you trade for Foles.....forget about retrading to go up to get Mariotta.
Foles is in what? His third year. He is semi-proven. We know he can play and win in this league.
His upside may very well be as good or better than Mariota.
Maybe instead of the Mariott we can stay at The Ritz....or the Foles Seasons.
OK, what would you trade for Foles.....forget about retrading to go up to get Mariotta.
Foles is in what? His third year. He is semi-proven. We know he can play and win in this league.
His upside may very well be as good or better than Mariota.
Maybe instead of the Mariott we can stay at The Ritz....or the Foles Seasons.
I wouldn't trade for Foles.
We don't know that he can win and play in this league. We know that he can win and play in Philadelphia. That's all we know. I'd be more receptive to Foles had Sanchez come in and bombed, yet it very well may be that the Chip Kelly offense is more friendly to quarterbacks than people would like to admit.
Everyone's upside is as good as anyone else's, until it's not. There are so many moving parts, it's impossible to predict what a player from one team could do on another. That's why I place very little emphasis on Foles' record in Philly. It doesn't matter. I don't look at what a team does, I look at what a player does. Foles was surrounded
I was also being facetious about Mariota. I thought that much was obvious. If I were to take a quarterback in the first round of this draft, it would be Winston. Outside of Winston, I'd take Garrett Grayson in the late second or Dr. Bo in the sixth. Grayson will likely be gone by the late second, so that point is moot, but Dr. Bo could be a very interesting prospect.
If we could surround Mannion with five Pro Bowl lineman, I think he'd be fantastic in Cleveland, but the odds of that are quite slim.
-
no trades for any qb's. One of the FA's? Fine, but god no fucking trading our picks or anything like that. We have to build a team first. There's just no really good answers right at qb right now but you don't do something "just to do something". Build the fucking team. If our run defense had been even "mediocre" you all realize we would have made the playoffs right? Our run D outright lost us at least 3 games. I'm not gonna open up the argument again about what part of the defense exactly was responsible for the shit run stopping, we all have our various opinions and I guess we'll just see next year....but the fact we need to bolster both the D line and LB'ing corp is unquestionable. We could have easily made the playoffs with Hoyer at QB if our run D was even middle of the road, so i'm just not feeling any profound personnel moves to try to get a guy that's yet another question mark.
-
The play for the Eagles occurs if Marriotta is off the board before their pick or a pick they can trade up to. Then we trade Manziel (counting on PR damage repair blitz) for Foles straight up. I would be of course hoping Johnnies rep is repaired via good PR and his stint in rehab along with Chip's love for him AND his ego.
-
-
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
-
I was thinking the Browns are in a good place to be able to give the Eagles to get the ammunition they need to trade up for Mariotta, so would you make this trade?
Browns trade the 2015 #12 pick for Nick Foles, the Eagles 2016 1st round pick and 2015 second round pick. This gives the Eagles two first-round picks to try and trade up for Mariotta, and gives the Browns a potential franchise QB this year. If he doesn't pan out, they have two first round picks in 2016 to try and get another QB.
I don't see why they would trade with us just to try and trade up again.
Tampa Bay, New York and (possibly) Washington are all in need of a quarterback. This trade makes no sense for Philadelphia.
However, I'd take it. Then I'd trade #19 and Foles to Washington to move up to #5. Washington gets a young, talented QB with a proven track record in the NFL (who also comes with inside info on a hated division rival) and they can still get the pass rusher or cornerback they need at #19.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
And then we'd have two second round picks, a third, and two fourth round picks to fill in positions of need.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
or "fuck you haslam, I"M gonna wreck this league!"
-
-
I think I would rather keep our picks and sign Jack Locker.
-
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
NE has had Hoyer before (and are aware of his limitations) and they drafted JG for their future. No way they make that trade. Besides if we don't resign Hoyer, they can pick him up for a song and a dance if they wanted him.
I'm still in the build the lines first mode of thinking. Pay Hoyer enough to return. If he insists JM has to go in order to return, then the Browns have a decision to make.
-
-
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
NE has had Hoyer before (and are aware of his limitations) and they drafted JG for their future. No way they make that trade. Besides if we don't resign Hoyer, they can pick him up for a song and a dance if they wanted him.
I'm still in the build the lines first mode of thinking. Pay Hoyer enough to return. If he insists JM has to go in order to return, then the Browns have a decision to make.
If Jake could stay healthy, he'd be a viable option.
For me Josh McCown's release changes everything. Wait to get him without his contract and I think we have our bridge QB... just hopefully not a bridge to nowhere.
NE has had Hoyer before (and are aware of his limitations) and they drafted JG for their future. No way they make that trade.
I'm still in the build the lines first mode of thinking. Pay Hoyer enough to return. If he insists JM has to go in order to return, then the Browns have a decision to make.
Plus there's that whole, he's not ours to trade thing...
But please do not tell me that you still are holding onto any credence for that old, dead, "only if JM goes" thing.
-
I think I would rather keep our picks and sign Jack Locker.
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
-
I think I would rather keep our picks and sign Jack Locker.
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
Everybody is infatuated with Mallet's size and "potential" that they fail to see the one glaring problem...he's not really that good.
-
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
Everybody is infatuated with Mallet's size and "potential" that they fail to see the one glaring problem...he's not really that good.
Everybody is infatuated with Mallet's size and "potential" that they fail to see the one glaring problem...he's not really that good.
Well, he was pretty good when he kicked the Browns ass last year. I think that is somewhat the point....no one knows how good he really can be.
You may be right....you may be wrong......but he did kinda KirkCousined us.
-
in comparison the steelers are putting another year in a rusting out 90s IROC w/the glass t-roofs leaking and a fat drunk jimmy stewart at the wheel.
uh oh. better get maaco.
-
-
in comparison the steelers are putting another year in a rusting out 90s IROC w/the glass t-roofs leaking and a fat drunk jimmy stewart at the wheel.
uh oh. better get maaco.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
I taste another six-pack coming my way

u know we're gonna do that again.
let's just see what FA, the draft and TC brings.....
hell i might want to bump it up a notch!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login