Would you make this trade for Foles?
-
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
-
I was thinking the Browns are in a good place to be able to give the Eagles to get the ammunition they need to trade up for Mariotta, so would you make this trade?
Browns trade the 2015 #12 pick for Nick Foles, the Eagles 2016 1st round pick and 2015 second round pick. This gives the Eagles two first-round picks to try and trade up for Mariotta, and gives the Browns a potential franchise QB this year. If he doesn't pan out, they have two first round picks in 2016 to try and get another QB.
I don't see why they would trade with us just to try and trade up again.
Tampa Bay, New York and (possibly) Washington are all in need of a quarterback. This trade makes no sense for Philadelphia.
However, I'd take it. Then I'd trade #19 and Foles to Washington to move up to #5. Washington gets a young, talented QB with a proven track record in the NFL (who also comes with inside info on a hated division rival) and they can still get the pass rusher or cornerback they need at #19.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
And then we'd have two second round picks, a third, and two fourth round picks to fill in positions of need.
Then, at #5, I'd take Mariota. And I'd walk up on stage with Mariota, grab the mic from the commish, and say "Fuck you Chip Kelly. That's for wasting our time with a 6-hour interview, you flabby sack of shit."
or "fuck you haslam, I"M gonna wreck this league!"
-
I think I would rather keep our picks and sign Jack Locker.
-
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
NE has had Hoyer before (and are aware of his limitations) and they drafted JG for their future. No way they make that trade. Besides if we don't resign Hoyer, they can pick him up for a song and a dance if they wanted him.
I'm still in the build the lines first mode of thinking. Pay Hoyer enough to return. If he insists JM has to go in order to return, then the Browns have a decision to make.
-
-
Foles is overrated. Trade Brian Hoyer and a Third to New England for Jimmy Garrapolo.
NE has had Hoyer before (and are aware of his limitations) and they drafted JG for their future. No way they make that trade. Besides if we don't resign Hoyer, they can pick him up for a song and a dance if they wanted him.
I'm still in the build the lines first mode of thinking. Pay Hoyer enough to return. If he insists JM has to go in order to return, then the Browns have a decision to make.
If Jake could stay healthy, he'd be a viable option.
For me Josh McCown's release changes everything. Wait to get him without his contract and I think we have our bridge QB... just hopefully not a bridge to nowhere.
NE has had Hoyer before (and are aware of his limitations) and they drafted JG for their future. No way they make that trade.
I'm still in the build the lines first mode of thinking. Pay Hoyer enough to return. If he insists JM has to go in order to return, then the Browns have a decision to make.
Plus there's that whole, he's not ours to trade thing...
But please do not tell me that you still are holding onto any credence for that old, dead, "only if JM goes" thing.
-
I think I would rather keep our picks and sign Jack Locker.
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
-
I think I would rather keep our picks and sign Jack Locker.
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
Everybody is infatuated with Mallet's size and "potential" that they fail to see the one glaring problem...he's not really that good.
-
OK, I willl go along with that.
Of the Class of 2011....a couple have done well: Newton, Kaepernick, Dalton.
Others are considered somewhat failures: Locker, Gabbert Ponder
One is considered a potential: Mallet.
Of the "failures" I would most likely think that Locker has the potential to recover....so I would most be willing to go for him. Then there is Mallet.
Is he also not a FA?
Everybody is infatuated with Mallet's size and "potential" that they fail to see the one glaring problem...he's not really that good.
Everybody is infatuated with Mallet's size and "potential" that they fail to see the one glaring problem...he's not really that good.
Well, he was pretty good when he kicked the Browns ass last year. I think that is somewhat the point....no one knows how good he really can be.
You may be right....you may be wrong......but he did kinda KirkCousined us.
-
in comparison the steelers are putting another year in a rusting out 90s IROC w/the glass t-roofs leaking and a fat drunk jimmy stewart at the wheel.
uh oh. better get maaco.
-
-
in comparison the steelers are putting another year in a rusting out 90s IROC w/the glass t-roofs leaking and a fat drunk jimmy stewart at the wheel.
uh oh. better get maaco.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
I taste another six-pack coming my way

u know we're gonna do that again.
let's just see what FA, the draft and TC brings.....
hell i might want to bump it up a notch!
-
This is a weak QB class. There's only 2 guys i would draft on this list.
2 Jameis Winston QB 1 Florida State
5 *Marcus Mariota QB 2 Oregon rJr
41 *Brett Hundley QB 3 UCLA rJr
105 Garrett Grayson QB 4 Colorado State
117 Bryce Petty QB 5 Baylor rSr
184 Shane Carden QB 6 East Carolina
205 Sean Mannion QB 7 Oregon State
216 Blake Sims QB 8 Alabama rSr
237 Connor HallidayInjured QB 9 Washington State
245 Tyler Heinicke QB 10 Old Dominion
259 Cody Fajardo QB 11 Nevada rSr
267 Brandon Bridge QB 12 South Alabama
278 Bryan Bennett QB 13 Southeastern Louisiana
290 Hutson Mason QB 14 Georgia rSr
308 Jerry Lovelocke QB 15 Prairie View A&M -
Everybody is infatuated with Mallet's size and "potential" that they fail to see the one glaring problem...he's not really that good.
Well, he was pretty good when he kicked the Browns ass last year. I think that is somewhat the point....no one knows how good he really can be.
You may be right....you may be wrong......but he did kinda KirkCousined us.
Well, he was pretty good when he kicked the Browns ass last year. I think that is somewhat the point....no one knows how good he really can be.
You may be right....you may be wrong......but he did kinda KirkCousined us.
If our measuring stick is "quarterbacks who have looked good against us", then we have a lot to choose from.
I think Byron Leftwich may be available.
-
@douche-nozzle said:
So the Eagles give up:
Foles
2015 second round pick (estimated value 380)
2106 1st rd pick (estimated value 850)
The Browns give up:
this years #12 pick (value 1200)
Boy....would I like to play poker with you! That trade adds up pretty close without Foles in it, so they are throwing Foles in as a give away?
Besides, putting a true franchise QB on the Browns right now (that trades indicates that Foles is only average at best) would be like putting a Formula 1 engine in a Chevy Lumina with a missing drive train and suspension....but a nice paint job (the defense)
All this team need is a true franchise QB.
Any other shit does NOT matter.
The Browns would be a better team than the Steelers....except for the franchise QB. (given everyone being healthy).
-
Well, he was pretty good when he kicked the Browns ass last year. I think that is somewhat the point....no one knows how good he really can be.
You may be right....you may be wrong......but he did kinda KirkCousined us.
If our measuring stick is "quarterbacks who have looked good against us", then we have a lot to choose from.
I think Byron Leftwich may be available.
If our measuring stick is "quarterbacks who have looked good against us", then we have a lot to choose from.
I think Byron Leftwich may be available.
Yea, absolutely. Think of all the one hit wonders whose best day was against the Browns: Akili Smith, Kirk Cousins, Ryan Mallet.
Who else?
-
This is a weak QB class. There's only 2 guys i would draft on this list.
2 Jameis Winston QB 1 Florida State
5 *Marcus Mariota QB 2 Oregon rJr
41 *Brett Hundley QB 3 UCLA rJr
105 Garrett Grayson QB 4 Colorado State
117 Bryce Petty QB 5 Baylor rSr
184 Shane Carden QB 6 East Carolina
205 Sean Mannion QB 7 Oregon State
216 Blake Sims QB 8 Alabama rSr
237 Connor HallidayInjured QB 9 Washington State
245 Tyler Heinicke QB 10 Old Dominion
259 Cody Fajardo QB 11 Nevada rSr
267 Brandon Bridge QB 12 South Alabama
278 Bryan Bennett QB 13 Southeastern Louisiana
290 Hutson Mason QB 14 Georgia rSr
308 Jerry Lovelocke QB 15 Prairie View A&M@douche-nozzle said:
So the Eagles give up:
Foles
2015 second round pick (estimated value 380)
2106 1st rd pick (estimated value 850)
The Browns give up:
this years #12 pick (value 1200)
Future picks are discounted. Estimates vary but 25% for a year is a minimum. That would make Foles worth around 200 points or a mid-third round pick.
The discount on our deal with the Bills last year was over 50%.
And that's for one year... not 91.
This is a weak QB class. There's only 2 guys i would draft on this list.
Is one of them Lovelocke?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login