Skip to content

FA's vs Draft on D and OL

The Browns Board
5 4 404
  • Suh, Det. would be a Fool not to resign him. But there is Det. Nick Fairley and T. Knighton at Den.at DT or Draft? DE G. Hardy Car. or Jarrius Wynn Buff. or Draft? ILB--Larry Foote Zona, Nate Irving Den. Rey Maualuga Cinn. or B. Spikes Buff. or Draft? OLB-- J. Abraham and S. Acho Zona, C. Blackburn Car. Lance Briggs Chi. D. Freeney S.D. and B. Orakpo Skins or Draft? On the OL FA's--OT Michael Oher Balt. or draft? G Willie Colon Jets and Lupati at 49ers or draft? C--Nick Hardwick S.D. or D. Raiola Det. or Draft? I found it interesting who I was going to Draft in these positions than compared to What's in FA's was available will tell you really who you need to go after in FA's and pay them or NOT.. Its Early but helpful.. And Some Won't Be There.. I figure by the time we pay Gibson and few others we may have 25 to 30M cap to work with.. Good Luck and Who you Signing in FA's or What Position of Need are you Drafting?? Feel free to add your own FA's at any position.. Please NO QB's, NO WR's and NO RB's way to early on that one and someone else can have that JOY..

  • Our top non-QB priority is defending the run. Yes, we had injuries but we will not resign Rubin (who had a terrible year). So I can see DL in both FA and Draft. I know many will disagree but I would try to get Suh. Every other position can be handled through the draft or status-quo. But Suh would be an imposing figure that could help the team in so many ways.

  • I have no idea what we WILL do in FA & the draft, but I would like to see more of a young vet presence at WR & am confident these guys will do well, no matter how they chose to address things.

    With all the bitching some folks have done, the addition of Whitner, Dansby, Bitonio, West, Crowell, Austin, Gabriel, Hawkins, Williams, along with late contributions from Desir & Shaw (ALL of whom were added last off season) is impressive & give me great confidence in Farmer, et al.

    Mike

  • Suh, Det. would be a Fool not to resign him. But there is Det. Nick Fairley and T. Knighton at Den.at DT or Draft? DE G. Hardy Car. or Jarrius Wynn Buff. or Draft? ILB--Larry Foote Zona, Nate Irving Den. Rey Maualuga Cinn. or B. Spikes Buff. or Draft? OLB-- J. Abraham and S. Acho Zona, C. Blackburn Car. Lance Briggs Chi. D. Freeney S.D. and B. Orakpo Skins or Draft? On the OL FA's--OT Michael Oher Balt. or draft? G Willie Colon Jets and Lupati at 49ers or draft? C--Nick Hardwick S.D. or D. Raiola Det. or Draft? I found it interesting who I was going to Draft in these positions than compared to What's in FA's was available will tell you really who you need to go after in FA's and pay them or NOT.. Its Early but helpful.. And Some Won't Be There.. I figure by the time we pay Gibson and few others we may have 25 to 30M cap to work with.. Good Luck and Who you Signing in FA's or What Position of Need are you Drafting?? Feel free to add your own FA's at any position.. Please NO QB's, NO WR's and NO RB's way to early on that one and someone else can have that JOY..

    @gumby73 said:

    Suh, Det. would be a Fool not to resign him. But there is Det. Nick Fairley and T. Knighton at Den.at DT or Draft? DE G. Hardy Car. or Jarrius Wynn Buff. or Draft? ILB--Larry Foote Zona, Nate Irving Den. Rey Maualuga Cinn. or B. Spikes Buff. or Draft? OLB-- J. Abraham and S. Acho Zona, C. Blackburn Car. Lance Briggs Chi. D. Freeney S.D. and B. Orakpo Skins or Draft? On the OL FA's--OT Michael Oher Balt. or draft? G Willie Colon Jets and Lupati at 49ers or draft? C--Nick Hardwick S.D. or D. Raiola Det. or Draft?

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

    I have little interest in most of the FAs listed by the OP... starting with Suh who is simply too pricey.

    Unlike the draft, FA is need driven. We don't need a name starter for the O-line.

    We do need starters at: QB, FB, WR, DT/NT, DE, OLB, ILB, K.

    We could use vet back-ups at: RB, FS, OG

    FA is all about separating the guys who want to play and fit our system from the guys who want to get paid and don't fit. As pointed out, we did well in this regard last year.

    A couple names not mentioned... sorry, but can't ignore QB...

    QB: TB just cut McCown loose. Could be the PAP, vet we need in the short-term.

    DT: I would talk to Rubin... healthy and at a discount I'd take him back. Also like Dan Williams.

    ILB: Rolando McClain? Posted a great year in Dallas, and I do not think they can afford him.

  • @gumby73 said:

    Suh, Det. would be a Fool not to resign him. But there is Det. Nick Fairley and T. Knighton at Den.at DT or Draft? DE G. Hardy Car. or Jarrius Wynn Buff. or Draft? ILB--Larry Foote Zona, Nate Irving Den. Rey Maualuga Cinn. or B. Spikes Buff. or Draft? OLB-- J. Abraham and S. Acho Zona, C. Blackburn Car. Lance Briggs Chi. D. Freeney S.D. and B. Orakpo Skins or Draft? On the OL FA's--OT Michael Oher Balt. or draft? G Willie Colon Jets and Lupati at 49ers or draft? C--Nick Hardwick S.D. or D. Raiola Det. or Draft?

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

    I have little interest in most of the FAs listed by the OP... starting with Suh who is simply too pricey.

    Unlike the draft, FA is need driven. We don't need a name starter for the O-line.

    We do need starters at: QB, FB, WR, DT/NT, DE, OLB, ILB, K.

    We could use vet back-ups at: RB, FS, OG

    FA is all about separating the guys who want to play and fit our system from the guys who want to get paid and don't fit. As pointed out, we did well in this regard last year.

    A couple names not mentioned... sorry, but can't ignore QB...

    QB: TB just cut McCown loose. Could be the PAP, vet we need in the short-term.

    DT: I would talk to Rubin... healthy and at a discount I'd take him back. Also like Dan Williams.

    ILB: Rolando McClain? Posted a great year in Dallas, and I do not think they can afford him.

    @tour2ma said:

    http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/

    I have little interest in most of the FAs listed by the OP... starting with Suh who is simply too pricey.

    Unlike the draft, FA is need driven. We don't need a name starter for the O-line.

    We do need starters at: QB, FB, WR, DT/NT, DE, OLB, ILB, K.

    We could use vet back-ups at: RB, FS, OG

    FA is all about separating the guys who want to play and fit our system from the guys who want to get paid and don't fit. As pointed out, we did well in this regard last year.

    A couple names not mentioned... sorry, but can't ignore QB...

    QB: TB just cut McCown loose. Could be the PAP, vet we need in the short-term.

    DT: I would talk to Rubin... healthy and at a discount I'd take him back. Also like Dan Williams.

    ILB: Rolando McClain? Posted a great year in Dallas, and I do not think they can afford him.

    Man, thank for the site,U the man and P. Manning got a hell of a deal for Julius Thomas TE,Cam can go now..