DeVante Parker, nay or yay?
-
Screw the talk of drafting another wide receiver.
We need better DL and OL.
-
WR can (and will) wait. Front 7 first should (and probably will) be the top picks.
-
Except it's a draft deep in OT's, and lb's.
I can see going Shelton, Goldman, or Phillips with
one of the top three picks, and a wr with the other pick...
and an outstanding OT in the second round.
-
If they do choose to draft WR in the 1st I hope it's him. I watched a few games of this guy and it was incredible how good his skills were. I can't recall if it was their bowl game or not, but it was one of those situations where it was: "line up outside and you're getting the ball". They would double him and he'd still just go up and get it. I don't do comparisons but it reminded me of when Larry Fitz was at Pitt.
-
Screw all the talk of not drafting another wide receiver until late this year. We need an A.J. Green.... A Odell Beckham, an Antonio Brown, A Calvin Johnson. A big-name player who's most importantly, A.) Trustworthy/Reliable B.) Big and Fast C.) Clutch.
Parker is 6'3 211 and ran a 4.39 40 yard dash. He played six games and caught 43 Passes for 855 yards and 5 TDs.
I'm not saying to trade up to take anybody, but if we can get an elite WR early in the draft, we should do so.
OLine and DLine are huge needs, but we need depth on both. I'd rather grab a stud WR in the first round than another DT.
Gordon can't be trusted, might be gone, and we don't need to draft Dorial Green-Beckham. God could only imagine him, Manziel, and Gordon together.
Sure it would be nice to sign Cecil Shorts and have him, Taylor Gabriel, and Benjamin get the job done.... But lets get a real threat.
AND a TE/FB in the draft. Who's with me?
AND a TE/FB in the draft. Who's with me?
Not me...
Maybe if I saw Parker in the class of the four WRs you listed, but I don't and there are scouts that do not as well. By some accounts Parker is more of a possession type #2 than a #1, in other words he's a bigger Hawkins, but still a Hawkins and not the guy you think he is.
Despite the broken toe that kept him out early in the season, at least I do not have the injury concerns with him that I have with 3 of your dream 4.
He's a good WR, but there was a reason he went back for his Sr. year even after a stellar 2013 performance. He quite likely would not have been a first rounder in the class of 2014.
As for FB and TE... sure... but not Maxx. Other than being shorter, lighter and slower than Gronk, yes, Maxx is just like Gronk. There are plenty of better TE values in the draft including some promising hybrids that could fill both roles for us.
-
I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.
-
Screw all the talk of not drafting another wide receiver until late this year. We need an A.J. Green.... A Odell Beckham, an Antonio Brown, A Calvin Johnson. A big-name player who's most importantly, A.) Trustworthy/Reliable B.) Big and Fast C.) Clutch.
Parker is 6'3 211 and ran a 4.39 40 yard dash. He played six games and caught 43 Passes for 855 yards and 5 TDs.
I'm not saying to trade up to take anybody, but if we can get an elite WR early in the draft, we should do so.
OLine and DLine are huge needs, but we need depth on both. I'd rather grab a stud WR in the first round than another DT.
Gordon can't be trusted, might be gone, and we don't need to draft Dorial Green-Beckham. God could only imagine him, Manziel, and Gordon together.
Sure it would be nice to sign Cecil Shorts and have him, Taylor Gabriel, and Benjamin get the job done.... But lets get a real threat.
AND a TE/FB in the draft. Who's with me?
Screw all the talk of not drafting another wide receiver until late this year. We need an A.J. Green.... A Odell Beckham, an Antonio Brown, A Calvin Johnson. A big-name player who's most importantly, A.) Trustworthy/Reliable B.) Big and Fast C.) Clutch.
Parker is 6'3 211 and ran a 4.39 40 yard dash. He played six games and caught 43 Passes for 855 yards and 5 TDs.
I'm not saying to trade up to take anybody, but if we can get an elite WR early in the draft, we should do so.
OLine and DLine are huge needs, but we need depth on both. I'd rather grab a stud WR in the first round than another DT.
Gordon can't be trusted, might be gone, and we don't need to draft Dorial Green-Beckham. God could only imagine him, Manziel, and Gordon together.
Sure it would be nice to sign Cecil Shorts and have him, Taylor Gabriel, and Benjamin get the job done.... But lets get a real threat.
AND a TE/FB in the draft. Who's with me?
Devante Parker is a lot slower since his injury. He's not strong either. He's reliable, but lacks the explosion in his breaks. In short, he's nothing like Calvin Johnson. I'd rather take a chance on Dorial Green-Beckham before drafting Parker.
-
I wouldn't hate it.
I think the best game breaking pass catcher in this draft won't be a WR though. It will be TE Maxx Williams who has Gronk written all over him.
I wouldn't hate it.
I think the best game breaking pass catcher in this draft won't be a WR though. It will be TE Maxx Williams who has Gronk written all over him.
He's smaller, slower, and a little on the pudgy side. Yeah, he has Gronk written all over him.
-
I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.
I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.
And Kiper has the best job in sports and his Mock's are under 30%. Trust the Weatherman over Mel

-
I wouldn't be upset, but to be honest I think WR is about 4th or 5th on our needs priority list. I'd place improving our pass rush, run defense, and interior O-line play above needs at receiver....we can possibly debate the next highest need.
I think we look to re-sign Austin and sign a receiver like Shorts in FA and hold off on drafting a WR until rounds 4-5.
-
I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.
And Kiper has the best job in sports and his Mock's are under 30%. Trust the Weatherman over Mel

-
Kiper and McShay know a hell of a lot more than we do. But it is damn near impossible to guess these picks, so it is easy to shit on them.
-
Farmer will stick to the board, which isn't even close to complete yet.
Honestly, I see him looking for mid-late round value picks and smart FA additions at the WR position.
Who knows, maybe Parker will be Farmer's BPA in a few months, but I wouldn't put my money on it.
-
In any case I could see Parker falling as people get scared away some from his injury. I still hold to my opinion he's gonna be a great player but I could see him being available early 2nd if his combine isn't the best.
-
Would you guys be opposed to trading up for Amari Cooper? Not saying I'd want us to draft him, but he'd be perfect with Cleveland.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
