Skip to content

DeVante Parker, nay or yay?

The Browns Board
27 15 945
  • Screw all the talk of not drafting another wide receiver until late this year. We need an A.J. Green.... A Odell Beckham, an Antonio Brown, A Calvin Johnson. A big-name player who's most importantly, A.) Trustworthy/Reliable B.) Big and Fast C.) Clutch.

    Parker is 6'3 211 and ran a 4.39 40 yard dash. He played six games and caught 43 Passes for 855 yards and 5 TDs.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2337730-why-the-cleveland-browns-absolutely-must-draft-devante-parker

    I'm not saying to trade up to take anybody, but if we can get an elite WR early in the draft, we should do so.

    OLine and DLine are huge needs, but we need depth on both. I'd rather grab a stud WR in the first round than another DT.

    Gordon can't be trusted, might be gone, and we don't need to draft Dorial Green-Beckham. God could only imagine him, Manziel, and Gordon together.

    Sure it would be nice to sign Cecil Shorts and have him, Taylor Gabriel, and Benjamin get the job done.... But lets get a real threat.

    AND a TE/FB in the draft. Who's with me?

    @stillmotion said:

    Screw all the talk of not drafting another wide receiver until late this year. We need an A.J. Green.... A Odell Beckham, an Antonio Brown, A Calvin Johnson. A big-name player who's most importantly, A.) Trustworthy/Reliable B.) Big and Fast C.) Clutch.

    Parker is 6'3 211 and ran a 4.39 40 yard dash. He played six games and caught 43 Passes for 855 yards and 5 TDs.

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2337730-why-the-cleveland-browns-absolutely-must-draft-devante-parker

    I'm not saying to trade up to take anybody, but if we can get an elite WR early in the draft, we should do so.

    OLine and DLine are huge needs, but we need depth on both. I'd rather grab a stud WR in the first round than another DT.

    Gordon can't be trusted, might be gone, and we don't need to draft Dorial Green-Beckham. God could only imagine him, Manziel, and Gordon together.

    Sure it would be nice to sign Cecil Shorts and have him, Taylor Gabriel, and Benjamin get the job done.... But lets get a real threat.

    AND a TE/FB in the draft. Who's with me?

    Devante Parker is a lot slower since his injury. He's not strong either. He's reliable, but lacks the explosion in his breaks. In short, he's nothing like Calvin Johnson. I'd rather take a chance on Dorial Green-Beckham before drafting Parker.

  • I wouldn't hate it.

    I think the best game breaking pass catcher in this draft won't be a WR though. It will be TE Maxx Williams who has Gronk written all over him.

    @walterwhite said:

    I wouldn't hate it.

    I think the best game breaking pass catcher in this draft won't be a WR though. It will be TE Maxx Williams who has Gronk written all over him.

    He's smaller, slower, and a little on the pudgy side. Yeah, he has Gronk written all over him.

  • I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.

    @the-gipper said:

    I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.

    And Kiper has the best job in sports and his Mock's are under 30%. Trust the Weatherman over Mel 😆

  • I wouldn't be upset, but to be honest I think WR is about 4th or 5th on our needs priority list. I'd place improving our pass rush, run defense, and interior O-line play above needs at receiver....we can possibly debate the next highest need.

    I think we look to re-sign Austin and sign a receiver like Shorts in FA and hold off on drafting a WR until rounds 4-5.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I understand that in Mel Kiper's latest Mock Draft...he has the Browns taking DaVante Parker.

    And Kiper has the best job in sports and his Mock's are under 30%. Trust the Weatherman over Mel 😆

    @gumby73 said:

    And Kiper has the best job in sports and his Mock's are under 30%. Trust the Weatherman over Mel 😆

    No way he is that accurate... Is he?

    Seriously... 30% accuracy in a full, 7-round draft would be fucking awesome, Nostradamus grade shit...

  • Kiper and McShay know a hell of a lot more than we do. But it is damn near impossible to guess these picks, so it is easy to shit on them.

  • Farmer will stick to the board, which isn't even close to complete yet.

    Honestly, I see him looking for mid-late round value picks and smart FA additions at the WR position.

    Who knows, maybe Parker will be Farmer's BPA in a few months, but I wouldn't put my money on it.

  • ... and I'd only put your money on it.

  • In any case I could see Parker falling as people get scared away some from his injury. I still hold to my opinion he's gonna be a great player but I could see him being available early 2nd if his combine isn't the best.

  • Would you guys be opposed to trading up for Amari Cooper? Not saying I'd want us to draft him, but he'd be perfect with Cleveland.

  • Up? No... but there are scenarios where I'd take Cooper at 12.

  • What can we give to get to Pick 11 or 13 and keep Pick 12?? Pick 19 and what??

  • By "the chart" which is disputed since the new CBA and rookie wage scale...

    Pick 19 is worth 875.

    Pick 11 = 1250 so need 375 or roughly our 3rd and top 4th

    Pick 13 = 1150 so need 275 or roughly our 3rd and 2nd 4th

  • Pick 11 is Vikings, Listed needs OT (Schwartz),RB,CB (Desir, Gilbert) and WR. Is Gordon tradeable on suspended list?? Might be worth call and they may say no, but 2016 is coming. No chance till Josh stay's clean in 2015, but I am dumb enough to try it, if tradeable.. Pick 13 Saints, Listed needs CB (ditto above), PR (Benjamin) and QB. Sean Payton way to smart, but here's Johnny, all they say is no, maybe. Love to sit at 12 and 19. Just a last option, with probably no chance but Picks 11 and 12 or 12 and 13 our there, but it takes both teams and Eli and Rivers happened..