Skip to content

total apathy.

The Browns Board
97 27 3.2k
  • Cysco-sorry to keep pissing on your apathy with overwhelming optimism about now getting our value for the trade down last year. 10 picks with so many (6) in the first 4 rounds is exciting to me. A chance to really build from the inside out in what I think is a very deep draft across the board.

    Tour-Fisher did look great and I think all that speed and lateral quickness translates well in zone blocking movement schemes. This draft will be like a kid in a candy store for the Browns if they just don't f'n chase another QB.

  • don't care dude.

    tired of all the bitching and moaning about the franchise.

    anyone that doesn't like the browns because they aren't living up to their expectations can always jump on the patriots bandwagon.

    @miktoxic said:

    don't care dude.

    the only sentence in your response that's relevant
  • Cysco-sorry to keep pissing on your apathy with overwhelming optimism about now getting our value for the trade down last year. 10 picks with so many (6) in the first 4 rounds is exciting to me. A chance to really build from the inside out in what I think is a very deep draft across the board.

    Tour-Fisher did look great and I think all that speed and lateral quickness translates well in zone blocking movement schemes. This draft will be like a kid in a candy store for the Browns if they just don't f'n chase another QB.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Cysco-sorry to keep pissing on your apathy with overwhelming optimism about now getting our value for the trade down last year. 10 picks with so many (6) in the first 4 rounds is exciting to me. A chance to really build from the inside out in what I think is a very deep draft across the board.

    Tour-Fisher did look great and I think all that speed and lateral quickness translates well in zone blocking movement schemes. This draft will be like a kid in a candy store for the Browns if they just don't f'n chase another QB.

    +1

    Stand pat and draft the players on your board you value. This bullshit of trading picks has gotten us nowhere.

  • @miktoxic said:

    don't care dude.

    the only sentence in your response that's relevant

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    the only sentence in your response that's relevant

    I dont think you've ever made a relevant post either...all I ever see is bitchy whiny spoiled crybaby little girl stuff.....

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Stop talking about the draft. This thread is to illustrate how I don't care who we draft until they start winning.

    and , I think, their replies illustrate how little they care about how little you care....

    @tour2ma said:

    Don't look now, but your cart is in front of your horse...

    ha....yes it is.....

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    No its not. Because just about everyone we've drafted in 15 years is a bum. The draft means nothing until those players can produce

    Draft doesn't matter until we win?... yet it is the path we need to take TO win.....so, um, yes it is......

    @miktoxic said:

    all it does is bring everybody down.

    Wanna really get brought down?.......try watching a game with the OP in the Tavern....OY!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Cysco-sorry to keep pissing on your apathy with overwhelming optimism about now getting our value for the trade down last year. 10 picks with so many (6) in the first 4 rounds is exciting to me. A chance to really build from the inside out in what I think is a very deep draft across the board.

    Tour-Fisher did look great and I think all that speed and lateral quickness translates well in zone blocking movement schemes. This draft will be like a kid in a candy store for the Browns if they just don't f'n chase another QB.

    +1

    Stand pat and draft the players on your board you value. This bullshit of trading picks has gotten us nowhere.

    @bob806 said:

    +1

    Stand pat and draft the players on your board you value. This bullshit of trading picks has gotten us nowhere.

    And if the next one on my board does not appear to be one a team or 4 coming up does not want, then trade down for extra picks and value.

    No more trading up. Does not work for the Browns.

  • If the draft sim scenarios I've been seeing lately are any indication, it's been looking like we would end up in prime trading territory this year. If we haven't traded up, it's been looking more and more like we might be trading down.

    For the longest time I could get Shelton even with a trade down as long as I ended up picking before SF. Now? Shelton's going to CHI regularly and the best picks available at 12 are OTs or CBs.

    Hopefully the Combine, and Pro days to come, reshuffle things some.

  • If the draft sim scenarios I've been seeing lately are any indication, it's been looking like we would end up in prime trading territory this year. If we haven't traded up, it's been looking more and more like we might be trading down.

    For the longest time I could get Shelton even with a trade down as long as I ended up picking before SF. Now? Shelton's going to CHI regularly and the best picks available at 12 are OTs or CBs.

    Hopefully the Combine, and Pro days to come, reshuffle things some.

    @tour2ma said:

    If the draft sim scenarios I've been seeing lately are any indication, it's been looking like we would end up in prime trading territory this year.

    Yep, you never know how the actual draft will go, but for me there are only a few guys I like at #12. There are about 8 guys Id take, but am thinking none will make it to us...

    After the first 5-6 players, the talent drops and maintains.... dont see too many standouts. So would love a trade down if I cant have one of my top 8...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Cysco-sorry to keep pissing on your apathy with overwhelming optimism about now getting our value for the trade down last year. 10 picks with so many (6) in the first 4 rounds is exciting to me. A chance to really build from the inside out in what I think is a very deep draft across the board.

    Tour-Fisher did look great and I think all that speed and lateral quickness translates well in zone blocking movement schemes. This draft will be like a kid in a candy store for the Browns if they just don't f'n chase another QB.

    +1

    Stand pat and draft the players on your board you value. This bullshit of trading picks has gotten us nowhere.

    @bob806 said:

    +1

    Stand pat and draft the players on your board you value. This bullshit of trading picks has gotten us nowhere.

    And....

    I'm not choked up with the idea of trading a number one for Sam Bradford. The Cleveland Clinic has plenty of money.

    WSS

  • @bob806 said:

    +1

    Stand pat and draft the players on your board you value. This bullshit of trading picks has gotten us nowhere.

    And....

    I'm not choked up with the idea of trading a number one for Sam Bradford. The Cleveland Clinic has plenty of money.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And....

    I'm not choked up with the idea of trading a number one for Sam Bradford. The Cleveland Clinic has plenty of money.

    WSS

    Thats fine. But the Browns use University Hospitals now.

  • Whining doesn't cut it in football. That is what I love about Pettine, he is a tough bulldog coach with no whine about him. It is what I hated about Shannahan. (32 power point presentation of documented complaints...UGH) Glad to see him gone with his whining complaining attitude. Among other things football is forcing your will on the other team. I don't believe Pettine spends as much time preparing for what the other team is going to do as much as he does in preparing for what our team is going to do on the field. I like that about him. I like someone who doesn't have any quit in them. I don't think apathy is any kind of word that applies to a team coached by Pettine.

  • No apathy here. I am a fan. A season ticket holder who lives 600 miles away. I make 6 games a year.

    Nope......no apathy. Being a fan is who I am and going to games is what I do.

  • No apathy here. I am a fan. A season ticket holder who lives 600 miles away. I make 6 games a year.

    Nope......no apathy. Being a fan is who I am and going to games is what I do.

    @ballpeen said:

    No apathy here. I am a fan. A season ticket holder who lives 600 miles away. I make 6 games a year.

    Nope......no apathy. Being a fan is who I am and going to games is what I do.

    Can I get a Fucking Aye!!!

    WSS

  • No apathy here. I am a fan. A season ticket holder who lives 600 miles away. I make 6 games a year.

    Nope......no apathy. Being a fan is who I am and going to games is what I do.

    @ballpeen said:

    No apathy here. I am a fan. A season ticket holder who lives 600 miles away. I make 6 games a year.

    Nope......no apathy. Being a fan is who I am and going to games is what I do.

    Exactly...The day any apathy sets in is the day I stop watching the games.

    Can't wait to start planning the annual Cleveland trip again as soon as the schedule comes out!

  • One team deflates footballs and that was a scandal until they won the SB then that story faded off the headlines. It all comes down to winning. Yeah you don't want to give the media the stories but the story I posted about Pettine and Gilbert's personal issues is a non story at best. So in that respect it is just going to happen continually until the team starts winning on a regular basis. I think with Pettine he will get the job done in 3 years. That is the goal I would like to see anyway.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    One team deflates footballs and that was a scandal until they won the SB then that story faded off the headlines. It all comes down to winning. Yeah you don't want to give the media the stories but the story I posted about Pettine and Gilbert's personal issues is a non story at best. So in that respect it is just going to happen continually until the team starts winning on a regular basis. I think with Pettine he will get the job done in 3 years. That is the goal I would like to see anyway.

    yipper, the good ol 3yr plan....i hope you are right, but we lack alot in a division where you just can't afford that to keep happening. hate to tell you this but dem der squeelers are very close to becoming elite....AGAIN....but heck, maybe there will be another major realignment of divisions sometime in the near future where we may have a chance not to end up in the cellar yr after yr...we can only hope...

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    One team deflates footballs and that was a scandal until they won the SB then that story faded off the headlines. It all comes down to winning. Yeah you don't want to give the media the stories but the story I posted about Pettine and Gilbert's personal issues is a non story at best. So in that respect it is just going to happen continually until the team starts winning on a regular basis. I think with Pettine he will get the job done in 3 years. That is the goal I would like to see anyway.

    yipper, the good ol 3yr plan....i hope you are right, but we lack alot in a division where you just can't afford that to keep happening. hate to tell you this but dem der squeelers are very close to becoming elite....AGAIN....but heck, maybe there will be another major realignment of divisions sometime in the near future where we may have a chance not to end up in the cellar yr after yr...we can only hope...

    @browns52 said:

    yipper, the good ol 3yr plan....i hope you are right, but we lack alot in a division where you just can't afford that to keep happening. hate to tell you this but dem der squeelers are very close to becoming elite....AGAIN....but heck, maybe there will be another major realignment of divisions sometime in the near future where we may have a chance not to end up in the cellar yr after yr...we can only hope...

    I never had the confidence ever in any of our other head coaches since 99 like I have in this one. Pettine is going to make this work in Cleveland. He exceeded expectations his first year. Over half way through the season we were leading the division and this team does have some talent. The squeelers won't be the only team improving.

  • @ballpeen said:

    No apathy here. I am a fan. A season ticket holder who lives 600 miles away. I make 6 games a year.

    Nope......no apathy. Being a fan is who I am and going to games is what I do.

    Exactly...The day any apathy sets in is the day I stop watching the games.

    Can't wait to start planning the annual Cleveland trip again as soon as the schedule comes out!

    @mark-o said:

    Exactly...The day any apathy sets in is the day I stop watching the games.

    Can't wait to start planning the annual Cleveland trip again as soon as the schedule comes out!

    Same here Mark- regardless- we're fans for life.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    One team deflates footballs and that was a scandal until they won the SB then that story faded off the headlines. It all comes down to winning. Yeah you don't want to give the media the stories but the story I posted about Pettine and Gilbert's personal issues is a non story at best. So in that respect it is just going to happen continually until the team starts winning on a regular basis. I think with Pettine he will get the job done in 3 years. That is the goal I would like to see anyway.

    yipper, the good ol 3yr plan....i hope you are right, but we lack alot in a division where you just can't afford that to keep happening. hate to tell you this but dem der squeelers are very close to becoming elite....AGAIN....but heck, maybe there will be another major realignment of divisions sometime in the near future where we may have a chance not to end up in the cellar yr after yr...we can only hope...

    @browns52 said:

    yipper, the good ol 3yr plan....i hope you are right, but we lack alot in a division where you just can't afford that to keep happening. hate to tell you this but dem der squeelers are very close to becoming elite....AGAIN....but heck, maybe there will be another major realignment of divisions sometime in the near future where we may have a chance not to end up in the cellar yr after yr...we can only hope...

    No Steel Curtain in site on D. Just out score them bitches. Ben can't run around forever..

  • I will always support the Browns regardless. Where else would I go? I hated that feeling for a couple years when we had no team. Other Browns fans I knew seemed like they adopted other teams but it never worked for me.

    Although I will support the team regardless I like it better supporting this team like I do now believing they are doing all they can do to bring winning football to Cleveland. I like it better now with a coach like Pettine who is not going to settle for medicority.

  • @browns52 said:

    yipper, the good ol 3yr plan....i hope you are right, but we lack alot in a division where you just can't afford that to keep happening. hate to tell you this but dem der squeelers are very close to becoming elite....AGAIN....but heck, maybe there will be another major realignment of divisions sometime in the near future where we may have a chance not to end up in the cellar yr after yr...we can only hope...

    No Steel Curtain in site on D. Just out score them bitches. Ben can't run around forever..

    @gumby73 said:

    No Steel Curtain in site on D. Just out score them bitches. Ben can't run around forever..

    We lost that first game to the Steelers by 3 points only because we fell behind too far in the first half but made a great comeback in the second. The next game we pounded the Steelers 31-10. The Browns competed with all our division teams last year.

  • @ballpeen said:

    No apathy here. I am a fan. A season ticket holder who lives 600 miles away. I make 6 games a year.

    Nope......no apathy. Being a fan is who I am and going to games is what I do.

    Can I get a Fucking Aye!!!

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Can I get a Fucking Aye!!!

    WSS

    gidddphy.gif