Skip to content

Bosch

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
18 5 1.0k
  • The streaming world is a pretty crowded house at the moment. I won't pay for more than Netflix at this time until someone can give me all the sports channels I watch on cable as part of a streaming package

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    The streaming world is a pretty crowded house at the moment. I won't pay for more than Netflix at this time until someone can give me all the sports channels I watch on cable as part of a streaming package

    To each his own I guess. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as the DIRECTV package of HBO, Cinemax, Showtime blah blah blah.

    WSS

  • I got amazon prime for the free deliveries when it was only about £30 p/a. Then they added all these shows and hiked the price up - sneaky, but actually I'm now a fully paid up member and really like it.

  • I got amazon prime for the free deliveries when it was only about £30 p/a. Then they added all these shows and hiked the price up - sneaky, but actually I'm now a fully paid up member and really like it.

    @gftchris said:

    I got amazon prime for the free deliveries when it was only about £30 p/a. Then they added all these shows and hiked the price up - sneaky, but actually I'm now a fully paid up member and really like it.

    And the extra price is only a couple quid right? I had it for a couple years and the boosted the price 10 bucks a year. No big deal. Definitely worth having.

    WSS

  • Actually, it went from £30 to £70. But when you compare it to Netflix which is £5 p/m, it works out pretty cheap when you factor in the free overnight delivery service from the biggest online retailer in the world.

  • I had Prime, but quit it for Netflix.

  • Hmm Amazon Prime was 89 bucks a year and went up to 99. Still cheaper than Netflix and you get the shipping perk.

    And you can purchase or rent movies not under contract through Amazon instant video.

    WSS

  • One thing that bugs me is when they have only the first 2 seasons out of four of something, for example - does Netflix do that?

  • One thing that bugs me is when they have only the first 2 seasons out of four of something, for example - does Netflix do that?

    @gftchris said:

    One thing that bugs me is when they have only the first 2 seasons out of four of something, for example - does Netflix do that?

    depends on the series. I can't think of any hard examples here but there are things that Netflix doesn't have at all. And yes Amazon probably wants you to buy a season or two. Most likely they pay a smaller fee for seasons that I've been off the air for a certain amount of years. Netflix costs nine bucks a month here. How much is it in England?

    WSS

  • Last time I checked £5 p/m

  • Actually, £7 p/m, so more expensive outright than Amazon.

  • Actually, £7 p/m, so more expensive outright than Amazon.

    @gftchris said:

    Actually, £7 p/m, so more expensive outright than Amazon.

    And without the retail perks. Of course those can be tricky. You can often find something cheaper than Amazon Prime product and most everything ships free anyway. I've ordered things through basic shipping that's been here the next day.

    WSS

  • Most things do ship free, but a lot of the time I need things overnight (because i'm disorganised)