Skip to content

I LOVE Pettine being the head coach of the Browns

The Browns Board
39 19 1.7k
  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    The best thing I like about Pet is: You practice well during the week to earn playing time.. It pushes competition like we see in West and Crow.. The Man is total Class with the Media, if they would stick to what is said only.

  • other than the mistake of starting Johnny Rehab against the bungles he did a hell of a job.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @lumbergh said:

    other than the mistake of starting Johnny Rehab against the bungles he did a hell of a job.

    I still believe Pet did not want to start him.. Check text messages 😆

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #27

    I wanted to see Manziel start the Bengals game and I am a big supporter of Hoyer. For whatever reason the performance of Hoyer went south the last part of the season. The Colts game was a huge disappointment the way the defense tried to hand us the game on a silver platter but we just could not get any offense. I thought maybe Manziel would be the spark we needed. Pettine was in between a rock and hard place on this call. If he wouldn't have started Manziel and Hoyer lost another game he would be second guessed all day long on why he didn't put in Manziel with Hoyer struggling. The thinking being why are you playing a Volkswagen Beetle when you have a Corvette just sitting there.

    Of course now we see the vette needed a tune up or maybe even an overhaul.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Hoyer's play had deteriorated to the point that there was no choice but to start JM against Cinci...

  • Last-Round.jpg

    THE FORMER PROBLEM...OH NO!!!!! 😵

    index_1.jpg

    THERE IS A NEW GUY IN TOWN 😎

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    Last-Round.jpg

    THE FORMER PROBLEM...OH NO!!!!! 😵

    index_1.jpg

    THERE IS A NEW GUY IN TOWN 😎

    The Walrus wasn't the head coach however.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #30

    That picture of Holmgren just symbolized for me the complacency and lack of committment to winning I felt was coming from the Browns for too long.

  • While I doubt the average Browns Board post has much effect, accumulative fan/ media "negativism" can impact players making a bad situation worse.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #31

    @tour2ma said:

    While I doubt the average Browns Board post has much effect, accumulative fan/ media "negativism" can impact players making a bad situation worse.

    I certainly agree. And keep in mind that the Browns board is a microcosm of fans in general. I have a fairly good friend who recently posted elsewhere that he could never root for the Browns again because of Johnny Manziel and the money sign. He was whining that they should change the name the colors the logo move whatever. Said that he'd start rooting for the team again when they started winning. My first reaction was to caution him about the door and his ass if you know what I mean.

    If that's someone's attitude then fuck them. Go out and buy 32 jerseys so you'll always have one to wear depending on who the frontrunner is.

    WSS

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    It takes a certain kind of backbone to stick with a team during a long drought. That's what I see and like on this board the most. Very few quitters. A couple of complainers maybe, but they are still with the team. Exact same thing can be said about this team right now. There are some great players who are sticking with the Browns despite the problems. I love that kind of team! Every great team needs a solid core of tough minded players who just will not quit in the face of a bad scoreboard.

  • OldBrownsFanO OldBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #33

    What is not to like about Pettine. This guy knows how to coach.

  • It takes a certain kind of backbone to stick with a team during a long drought. That's what I see and like on this board the most. Very few quitters. A couple of complainers maybe, but they are still with the team. Exact same thing can be said about this team right now. There are some great players who are sticking with the Browns despite the problems. I love that kind of team! Every great team needs a solid core of tough minded players who just will not quit in the face of a bad scoreboard.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @texasag1969 said:

    It takes a certain kind of backbone to stick with a team during a long drought.

    Fans have backbone....Yep!.....Exactly.....

    And front runners quit when they dont see what they like....

    Pettines a mans man....he would cut all the apathetic losers first day....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #35

    I'm tired of backbone...

    I'm ready for some football frontbone...

    FrontBone 2015!

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I'm still here and more positive about the Browns than I've ever been. And never thought once this team is dysfunctional. Mud posted earlier examples showing how all the teams deal with stupid bullshit. Browns are no different. They do have an uphill battle thanks to the media trying to put them in a negative light...but it's not there.

  • @tour2ma said:

    While I doubt the average Browns Board post has much effect, accumulative fan/ media "negativism" can impact players making a bad situation worse.

    I certainly agree. And keep in mind that the Browns board is a microcosm of fans in general. I have a fairly good friend who recently posted elsewhere that he could never root for the Browns again because of Johnny Manziel and the money sign. He was whining that they should change the name the colors the logo move whatever. Said that he'd start rooting for the team again when they started winning. My first reaction was to caution him about the door and his ass if you know what I mean.

    If that's someone's attitude then fuck them. Go out and buy 32 jerseys so you'll always have one to wear depending on who the frontrunner is.

    WSS

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @westside-steve said:

    Go out and buy 32 jerseys so you'll always have one to wear depending on who the frontrunner is.

    WSS

    awesome post!

    i know there are some browns fans on here that went out and bought bridgewater and watkins jerseys.........just won't name drop.

    they use them as crying towels.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Rather than 32 jerseys, I bought one Browns' jersey, but it was #32.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It takes a certain kind of backbone to stick with a team during a long drought.

    Fans have backbone....Yep!.....Exactly.....

    And front runners quit when they dont see what they like....

    Pettines a mans man....he would cut all the apathetic losers first day....

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mudfly said:

    Fans have backbone....Yep!.....Exactly.....

    Not sure about that. My feeling is most have a bigger wishbone.