Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Beanie Wells

Beanie Wells

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
22 Posts 13 Posters 1.7k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • WPB Dawg Fan W
    • 1k Posts
    • 0 Reputation
    W WPB Dawg Fan wrote on last edited by WPB Dawg Fan
    #1

    I was watching NFL Network this morning and the conversation turned to RB's. They talked about Brown and Moreno...and then the topic of Beanie Wells came up.

    The comment...by more than one...was that he reminds them of Jamal Lewis.

    Now, I don't know about you guys....but if he IS another version of Jamal Lewis...and checks out as healthy...and interviews as the type of guy this team wants...well...

    I still think defense is where we should go with the #5 pick...but I wouldn't be adverse to a trade down (for more picks) and then taking Wells...then say Clay Matthews....and with Jones possibly gone I would go for Chung. Then fill it in with Brinkley in the later rounds.

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • osusev O
      • 1k Posts
      • 4 Reputation
      O osusev wrote on last edited by
      #2

      most know in here I am a HUGE OSU homer, that being stated Beanie worries me for the Browns. The kid has never been able to stay healthy at the collegiate level. The Fiesta Bowl he was out the entire second half, most of the seasons it was one thing or another.

      He is a much faster version of Lewis but the injury prone thing worries me, we have that in abundance allready.

      NewEraDawgN 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • O osusev

        most know in here I am a HUGE OSU homer, that being stated Beanie worries me for the Browns. The kid has never been able to stay healthy at the collegiate level. The Fiesta Bowl he was out the entire second half, most of the seasons it was one thing or another.

        He is a much faster version of Lewis but the injury prone thing worries me, we have that in abundance allready.

        NewEraDawg NewEraDawgN
        • 645 Posts
        • 0 Reputation
        NewEraDawgN NewEraDawg wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @osusev said:

        most know in here I am a HUGE OSU homer, that being stated Beanie worries me for the Browns. The kid has never been able to stay healthy at the collegiate level. The Fiesta Bowl he was out the entire second half, most of the seasons it was one thing or another.

        He is a much faster version of Lewis but the injury prone thing worries me, we have that in abundance allready.

        I am a giant Buckeye homer and I agree with you about Beanie . A great person , a great running back , a team player , but the injury bug worries me too .

        He reminds me of a young Jim Brown though , not Jamal .

        NewEraDawg
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • D'Qwimbley D
          • 180 Posts
          • 0 Reputation
          D D'Qwimbley wrote on last edited by
          #4

          He missed 3 1/2 games in his college career. Same was said about AD.

          Oldcrow1945O 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • DTBH DTBHD
            • 657 Posts
            • 0 Reputation
            DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

            I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

            J ThaakT 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • JC J
              • 257 Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              J JC wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I think Wells has enough talent to be a hall of fame RB. However, he needs to stay healthy and really take the next step in his mentality towards football. I think Moreno has that mentality, but not near as much talent as Wells. If (and that could be a big if) he can do that, he will be great.

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • DTBHD DTBH

                I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

                I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

                JC J
                • 257 Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                J JC wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @dtbh said:

                I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

                I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

                Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

                DTBHD 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 3k Posts
                  • 127 Reputation
                  Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Beanie's way badder than Lewis ever was. He has cutback ability that is purely elite, killer stiff arms, speed and elusiveness. He can flat out move piles, too. Now whether he can have a Lewis type career is another story.

                  Is a pig's ass pork?
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • D D'Qwimbley

                    He missed 3 1/2 games in his college career. Same was said about AD.

                    Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                    • 1k Posts
                    • 0 Reputation
                    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @d-qwimbley said:

                    He missed 3 1/2 games in his college career. Same was said about AD.

                    In only two years of starting.

                    Read the NFL's combine analysis.....That's all they talk about in the negative section. Missed too many games and parts of games including this years Bowl game. May not know the difference between Pain and injury.

                    In other words, they question his heart as well as his durability.

                    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • DTBHD DTBH

                      I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

                      I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

                      Thaak ThaakT
                      • 1k Posts
                      • 26 Reputation
                      ThaakT Thaak wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @dtbh said:

                      I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

                      I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

                      Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

                      Oldcrow1945O 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • ThaakT Thaak

                        @dtbh said:

                        I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

                        I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

                        Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

                        Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                        • 1k Posts
                        • 0 Reputation
                        Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @thaak said:

                        Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

                        The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

                        As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

                        Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

                        Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                        Riffer XR listercatL 2 Replies Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945

                          @thaak said:

                          Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

                          The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

                          As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

                          Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

                          Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                          • 3k Posts
                          • 127 Reputation
                          Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          oldcow1945 said:

                          The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

                          As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

                          Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

                          Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

                          I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

                          Is a pig's ass pork?
                          Oldcrow1945O B 2 Replies Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • CLEVELandMILIDH C
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 52 Reputation
                            C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            If currys not there at 5 and we cant trade down, I think i would rather have wells than any other prospects. This guys gonna be a surefire stud in the nfl, and you cant say that about many other players in this draft. And the injuries he has had, none have been major tears or breaks so thats makes me more comfortable

                            1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU 3rd Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State4th Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma5th Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State6th Lucas Reed, TE, New Mexico
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Riffer XR Riffer X

                              oldcow1945 said:

                              The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

                              As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

                              Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

                              Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

                              I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

                              Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                              • 1k Posts
                              • 0 Reputation
                              Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @riffer-x said:

                              Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

                              I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

                              I agree...I have no problem with a running back ever running out of bounds unless he needs the extra yard for a first down.

                              Other than that it's the smart thing to do. Why risk injury for a yard?

                              Franco Haris was infamous for running out of bounds.....I'd take Franco anytime!

                              His toughness is going to cost him. If he played with a lot of heart he'd be a top ten pick. That kind of size and pure athletic ability is so rare. There is not one knock in his game unless you want to count his hands which is more of an unknown rather than a knock. His vision, agility, speed, power are all very special.

                              Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Riffer XR Riffer X

                                oldcow1945 said:

                                The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

                                As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

                                Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

                                Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

                                I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

                                BigBrownsFan B
                                • 534 Posts
                                • 6 Reputation
                                B BigBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @riffer-x said:

                                Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

                                Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

                                Oldcrow1945O Riffer XR 2 Replies Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • J JC

                                  @dtbh said:

                                  I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

                                  I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

                                  Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

                                  DTBH DTBHD
                                  • 657 Posts
                                  • 0 Reputation
                                  DTBHD DTBH wrote on last edited by DTBH
                                  #16

                                  @jc said:

                                  Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

                                  You people will see. He does not run with the intensity and tougness of an Adrian Peterson. Other than using his stiff arm, he's a rather finesse-type running back who likes to use his speed and/or jump over defenders. He's hell on earth in the secondary dealing with small defenders, but when it comes to the big boys, he shies away from contact.

                                  GeechG 1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • B BigBrownsFan

                                    @riffer-x said:

                                    Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

                                    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

                                    Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                                    • 1k Posts
                                    • 0 Reputation
                                    Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @bigbrownsfan said:

                                    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

                                    ....And we all know that JB is loaded with common sense!

                                    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                                    1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • B BigBrownsFan

                                      @riffer-x said:

                                      Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

                                      Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

                                      Riffer X Riffer XR Very Popular Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 3k Posts
                                      • 127 Reputation
                                      Riffer XR Riffer X wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @bigbrownsfan said:

                                      Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

                                      Oh, that's right, you're that big PSU fan who turns every thread into anti OSU pro PSU somehow. It's the year 2009, Jimmy Brown played in the 50's and 60's on real grass. It's a total different era of football now. There are ways to play the game smartly and still be a force. Shaun Alexander was a puss, Beanie is not a puss.

                                      Is a pig's ass pork?
                                      Oldcrow1945O 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DTBHD DTBH

                                        @jc said:

                                        Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

                                        You people will see. He does not run with the intensity and tougness of an Adrian Peterson. Other than using his stiff arm, he's a rather finesse-type running back who likes to use his speed and/or jump over defenders. He's hell on earth in the secondary dealing with small defenders, but when it comes to the big boys, he shies away from contact.

                                        Geech GeechG One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                        • 264 Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        GeechG Geech wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @dtbh said:

                                        You people will see. He does not run with the intensity and tougness of an Adrian Peterson. Other than using his stiff arm, he's a rather finesse-type running back who likes to use his speed and/or jump over defenders. He's hell on earth in the secondary dealing with small defenders, but when it comes to the big boys, he shies away from contact.

                                        That's what worries me the most. A big guy like that should be a bruiser, not a prancer.

                                        He makes me think of Ron Dayne more than AP or Jim freakin Brown.

                                        -Al

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Riffer XR Riffer X

                                          @bigbrownsfan said:

                                          Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

                                          Oh, that's right, you're that big PSU fan who turns every thread into anti OSU pro PSU somehow. It's the year 2009, Jimmy Brown played in the 50's and 60's on real grass. It's a total different era of football now. There are ways to play the game smartly and still be a force. Shaun Alexander was a puss, Beanie is not a puss.

                                          Oldcrow1945 Oldcrow1945O
                                          • 1k Posts
                                          • 0 Reputation
                                          Oldcrow1945O Oldcrow1945 wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @riffer-x said:

                                          Oh, that's right, you're that big PSU fan who turns every thread into anti OSU pro PSU somehow. It's the year 2009, Jimmy Brown played in the 50's and 60's on real grass. It's a total different era of football now. There are ways to play the game smartly and still be a force. Shaun Alexander was a puss, Beanie is not a puss.

                                          And Jim Brown was as bigger or bigger than a lot of the defensive linemen he was facing!

                                          I wonder if Jim would feel that way now if he had 6'6" 320 Albert Haynesworth running at him (4.9 40) at full speed along the sideline?

                                          If he'd still feel and play the same then his career would be short lived.

                                          Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote! - "Ben Franklin"
                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate