Skip to content

Beanie Wells

The Browns Board
22 13 1.7k
  • most know in here I am a HUGE OSU homer, that being stated Beanie worries me for the Browns. The kid has never been able to stay healthy at the collegiate level. The Fiesta Bowl he was out the entire second half, most of the seasons it was one thing or another.

    He is a much faster version of Lewis but the injury prone thing worries me, we have that in abundance allready.

    @osusev said:

    most know in here I am a HUGE OSU homer, that being stated Beanie worries me for the Browns. The kid has never been able to stay healthy at the collegiate level. The Fiesta Bowl he was out the entire second half, most of the seasons it was one thing or another.

    He is a much faster version of Lewis but the injury prone thing worries me, we have that in abundance allready.

    I am a giant Buckeye homer and I agree with you about Beanie . A great person , a great running back , a team player , but the injury bug worries me too .

    He reminds me of a young Jim Brown though , not Jamal .

  • He missed 3 1/2 games in his college career. Same was said about AD.

  • I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

    I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

  • I think Wells has enough talent to be a hall of fame RB. However, he needs to stay healthy and really take the next step in his mentality towards football. I think Moreno has that mentality, but not near as much talent as Wells. If (and that could be a big if) he can do that, he will be great.

  • I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

    I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

    @dtbh said:

    I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

    I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

    Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

  • Beanie's way badder than Lewis ever was. He has cutback ability that is purely elite, killer stiff arms, speed and elusiveness. He can flat out move piles, too. Now whether he can have a Lewis type career is another story.

  • He missed 3 1/2 games in his college career. Same was said about AD.

    @d-qwimbley said:

    He missed 3 1/2 games in his college career. Same was said about AD.

    In only two years of starting.

    Read the NFL's combine analysis.....That's all they talk about in the negative section. Missed too many games and parts of games including this years Bowl game. May not know the difference between Pain and injury.

    In other words, they question his heart as well as his durability.

  • I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

    I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

    @dtbh said:

    I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

    I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

    Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

  • @dtbh said:

    I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

    I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

    Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

    @thaak said:

    Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

    The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

    As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

    Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

  • @thaak said:

    Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

    The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

    As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

    Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

    oldcow1945 said:

    The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

    As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

    Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

    Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

    I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

  • If currys not there at 5 and we cant trade down, I think i would rather have wells than any other prospects. This guys gonna be a surefire stud in the nfl, and you cant say that about many other players in this draft. And the injuries he has had, none have been major tears or breaks so thats makes me more comfortable

  • oldcow1945 said:

    The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

    As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

    Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

    Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

    I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

    @riffer-x said:

    Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

    I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

    I agree...I have no problem with a running back ever running out of bounds unless he needs the extra yard for a first down.

    Other than that it's the smart thing to do. Why risk injury for a yard?

    Franco Haris was infamous for running out of bounds.....I'd take Franco anytime!

    His toughness is going to cost him. If he played with a lot of heart he'd be a top ten pick. That kind of size and pure athletic ability is so rare. There is not one knock in his game unless you want to count his hands which is more of an unknown rather than a knock. His vision, agility, speed, power are all very special.

  • oldcow1945 said:

    The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

    As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

    Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

    Hell, even Jimmy T called him out on it on 2007. No doubt Beanie is a tweaner when it comes to being injured or in pain and playing through it. Is it that he toughs these injuries out by playing through them or is it that he takes every little ding and acts like its a major issue that he's "toughing out."

    I know the kid is one badass running back when he's got the rock. Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

    @riffer-x said:

    Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

  • J JC

    @dtbh said:

    I agree, DQ. Part of me worries that Beanie's pad level is too high, and he's too top heavy. Then I think about the knocks of AD running too 'upright' just before he took over the entire NFL.

    I do have a worry that Beanie shies away from contact in between the tackle. He loves using that stiffarm on the edge, but I'm not sure how many times I've seen him plow a linebacker.

    Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

    @jc said:

    Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

    You people will see. He does not run with the intensity and tougness of an Adrian Peterson. Other than using his stiff arm, he's a rather finesse-type running back who likes to use his speed and/or jump over defenders. He's hell on earth in the secondary dealing with small defenders, but when it comes to the big boys, he shies away from contact.

  • @riffer-x said:

    Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

    ....And we all know that JB is loaded with common sense!

  • @riffer-x said:

    Don't believe all the hype on ESPN and NFL Network showing him run out of bounds either, sometimes when you are playing hurt that's playing smart. I don't have a problem with that if it's for the better of the team. It also could be following coaches orders.

    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

    @bigbrownsfan said:

    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

    Oh, that's right, you're that big PSU fan who turns every thread into anti OSU pro PSU somehow. It's the year 2009, Jimmy Brown played in the 50's and 60's on real grass. It's a total different era of football now. There are ways to play the game smartly and still be a force. Shaun Alexander was a puss, Beanie is not a puss.

  • @jc said:

    Who were you watching? Beanie (at 6'1) runs will a low pad level for his size and he runs over people in between the tackles.

    You people will see. He does not run with the intensity and tougness of an Adrian Peterson. Other than using his stiff arm, he's a rather finesse-type running back who likes to use his speed and/or jump over defenders. He's hell on earth in the secondary dealing with small defenders, but when it comes to the big boys, he shies away from contact.

    @dtbh said:

    You people will see. He does not run with the intensity and tougness of an Adrian Peterson. Other than using his stiff arm, he's a rather finesse-type running back who likes to use his speed and/or jump over defenders. He's hell on earth in the secondary dealing with small defenders, but when it comes to the big boys, he shies away from contact.

    That's what worries me the most. A big guy like that should be a bruiser, not a prancer.

    He makes me think of Ron Dayne more than AP or Jim freakin Brown.

    -Al

  • @bigbrownsfan said:

    Funny part of this comment is just last night we were watching the DVD of the History of the Cleveland Browns, and in it, Jim Brown says "running out of bounds is a sign of weakness". Touche...

    Oh, that's right, you're that big PSU fan who turns every thread into anti OSU pro PSU somehow. It's the year 2009, Jimmy Brown played in the 50's and 60's on real grass. It's a total different era of football now. There are ways to play the game smartly and still be a force. Shaun Alexander was a puss, Beanie is not a puss.

    @riffer-x said:

    Oh, that's right, you're that big PSU fan who turns every thread into anti OSU pro PSU somehow. It's the year 2009, Jimmy Brown played in the 50's and 60's on real grass. It's a total different era of football now. There are ways to play the game smartly and still be a force. Shaun Alexander was a puss, Beanie is not a puss.

    And Jim Brown was as bigger or bigger than a lot of the defensive linemen he was facing!

    I wonder if Jim would feel that way now if he had 6'6" 320 Albert Haynesworth running at him (4.9 40) at full speed along the sideline?

    If he'd still feel and play the same then his career would be short lived.

  • @thaak said:

    Another OSU RB had the same knocks.... anyone remember Eddie George?

    The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

    As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

    Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

    oldcow1945 said:

    The biggest difference between those two is the heart. Eddie had a HUGE heart.

    As I stated above, read the NFL combine analysis. They question his durability. But even more important, they say he may not know the difference between Pain and injury. The NFL politically correct way of saying he may not have the heart. Something Eddie George had no problem with.

    Speilman said the same thing about Wells.

    Could not agree more; Chris Wells has had injury issues since High School....stay away from him

  • I have to admit.... I have called Beanie a anatomical part of the female anatomy on quite a few occasions.. He has amazing talent but his pain threshold seems to be lacking. I dont know if its mental or it really is physical but the size,speed,power,cutback ability he has is second to none.