Oscar predictions
-
Michael Keaton got robbed
-
Actually, my subtitle for Birdman, now that it won is: The Not Unexpected Ascension of Pretension.
(yes, I thought is was a pretentious average movie).
What did you find pretentious, Gip?
I found it entertaining with a creative story line and editing.
I am not a film critic nor do I see all that many. However, I found this to be a good movie. I'll leave it up to others to determine if it was the best film, or not.
PS I also liked looking at Naomi Watts ( I would have had a boner too) and Emma Stone.
What did you find pretentious, Gip?
The writing, directing, acting.....any movie that seems to deal with "Broadway" seems to me to have a great deal of pretension behind it.
And that was also the opinion of my wife.....the Theater major.
I found it entertaining with a creative story line and editing.
I am not saying it didn't have a bit of entertainment value. But, I mean if we are going for entertainment, give me Guardians of the Galaxy. The Grand Budapest Hotel was more entertaining imo. St. Vincent would have been better.
I am not a film critic nor do I see all that many. However, I found this to be a good movie. I'll leave it up to others to determine if it was the best film, or not.
PS I also liked looking at Naomi Watts ( I would have had a boner too) and Emma Stone.
Her performance in St. Vincent was far superior than Birdman.
-
Actually Patricia Arquette's bloviating about women's rights had more animation then her role in boyhood.
WSS
-
Actually Patricia Arquette's bloviating about women's rights had more animation then her role in boyhood.
WSS
Actually Patricia Arquette's bloviating about women's rights had more animation then her role in boyhood.
WSS

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login