Skip to content

The Raiders & Chargers moving to LA?

The Browns Board
13 9 587
  • I guess I understand this. I live in LA and everyone out here is from somewhere else. Too many transplants but if you move a neighboring team(s) here it can work out due to proximity.

    Go to Hollywood on Sunday, it's nothing but Giants/Eagles/Browns/Steelers/Packers/49ers fans

    http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nfl-stadium-20150220-story.html#page=1

  • The Oakland Raiders of Los Angeles?

    The San Diego Chargers of Carson

  • There are browns fans in Hollywood

  • Though the Rams were considering going back to LA. That would be what I'd like to see.The old LA rams are like a separate team than the St Louis rams. The Raiders can rot in Oakland, and the Chargers would be fools to go to LA.

  • I can't understand why the Raiders want to leave Oakland

  • Raiders need a new stadium as the Oakland one though never visited is dump!

  • Though the Rams were considering going back to LA. That would be what I'd like to see.The old LA rams are like a separate team than the St Louis rams. The Raiders can rot in Oakland, and the Chargers would be fools to go to LA.

    @cuwoohio said:

    Though the Rams were considering going back to LA. That would be what I'd like to see.The old LA rams are like a separate team than the St Louis rams. The Raiders can rot in Oakland, and the Chargers would be fools to go to LA.

    The Chargers are going to go where they can get a new stadium and it isn't happening in San Diego.

  • @cuwoohio said:

    Though the Rams were considering going back to LA. That would be what I'd like to see.The old LA rams are like a separate team than the St Louis rams. The Raiders can rot in Oakland, and the Chargers would be fools to go to LA.

    The Chargers are going to go where they can get a new stadium and it isn't happening in San Diego.

    @mark-o said:

    The Chargers are going to go where they can get a new stadium and it isn't happening in San Diego.

    Hell, they all can't go to LA. How about San Antonio?

  • I can't understand why the Raiders want to leave Oakland

    @browns149 said:

    I can't understand why the Raiders want to leave Oakland... again

    Fixed

  • @mark-o said:

    The Chargers are going to go where they can get a new stadium and it isn't happening in San Diego.

    Hell, they all can't go to LA. How about San Antonio?

    @cuwoohio said:

    Hell, they all can't go to LA. How about San Antonio?

    Goodell is apparently enamored with the idea of putting a team in London.....and I don't mean London, Ontario.

  • @cuwoohio said:

    Hell, they all can't go to LA. How about San Antonio?

    Goodell is apparently enamored with the idea of putting a team in London.....and I don't mean London, Ontario.

    @the-gipper said:

    Goodell is apparently enamored with the idea of putting a team in London.....and I don't mean London, Ontario.

    That's the worst idea he's come up with yet. They need to reinstate that European League first.

  • I liked the European league. It made time pass faster in the off season

  • @mark-o said:

    The Chargers are going to go where they can get a new stadium and it isn't happening in San Diego.

    Hell, they all can't go to LA. How about San Antonio?

    @cuwoohio said:

    Hell, they all can't go to LA. How about San Antonio?

    The NFL is primarily concerned with TV market sizes.....and in a strict sense, SA is not that big of a market. In fact, all these Top 40 Neilsen TV markets do not have NFL teams:

    In order

    LA

    Orlando (but NFL feels they are covered with the Tampa Bay team)

    Sacramento (NFL feels covered by Oakland

    Portland

    Raleigh/Durham (NFL feels covered by "Carolina"

    Hartford (NFL feels covered by NE and NY markets

    Columbus (NFL feels covered by Cleveland and Cincy)

    San Antonio

    Salt Lake City

    Milwaukee (NFL feels covered by Green Bay)

    Greeneville/Spartanburg (also felt to be covered by Carolina)

    West Palm Beach (felt to be covered by Miami)

    Austin

    But, note, if the San Antonio and the Austin markets were combined, That would be the second largest market not having an NFL team. Those combined would be the 16th largest market.....bigger than Miami/Denver/Cleveland/St. Louis/Pittsburgh et al.

    http://www.tvb.org/media/file/Nielsen_2014-2015_DMA_Ranks.pdf

    Plus, it is my belief that Paul Allen "claims dominion" over Portland for Seatlle, because he also owns the Portland Trailblazers.

    Of course, Jerrah Jones claims dominion over SA and Austin......but the owner of the Houston Texans doesn't necessarily agree. They feel it is an open market for which they can compete. My daughter who lives in SA (and who is majoring in sports marketing/management) says she thinks that that town is about 60% Cowboy rooters, 30% Texans, and 10% other. But she says that the Texans have made inroads in just the last few years.