Skip to content

Crabtree Needs Surgery

The Browns Board
16 9 1.3k
  • It's huge news. GM's do not want to draft damaged goods with a top 5 pick.

    Although Mcgahee's injury may have been worse, it dropped him from a top ten, or even a top five pick to the 23rd pick.

    Between the injury, the measurement of 6'1" and not real fast 40 time, I think you'll see Crabtree fall as much as McGahee did.

    I could see him falling as far as #27 to the Colts.

  • The Browns already have a meeting scheduled with Orakpo. I'm sure they'll also have one with Everette Brown.

    I'm hearing that most teams have Brown rated higher than Orakpo. Personally, I'm hoping that we're not one of those teams.

  • Aloy, do you see any issues with Orakpo dropping back in pass coverage? He has the long, Umenyiora type body that is great for pass rushing. But having him and Wimbley paired up as OLB's worries me.

  • We'll see how he does in linebacker drills.

    One of the reasons I like Orakpo better than Brown is that he'll be better at setting the edge in the run game. But you're right about pass coverage being an important question.

  • We'll see how he does in linebacker drills.

    One of the reasons I like Orakpo better than Brown is that he'll be better at setting the edge in the run game. But you're right about pass coverage being an important question.

    Aloysius said:

    We'll see how he does in linebacker drills.

    One of the reasons I like Orakpo better than Brown is that he'll be better at setting the edge in the run game. But you're right about pass coverage being an important question.

    I know the NFL analysis says he is fuild enough to drop back into zone coverages.

  • if crabtree's stock is hurt and crabtree falls to the 2nd round do you take him, I say hell yes!

  • if crabtree's stock is hurt and crabtree falls to the 2nd round do you take him, I say hell yes!

    @plumcrazy73 said:

    if crabtree's stock is hurt and crabtree falls to the 2nd round do you take him, I say hell yes!

    I sure would!

    If he fell that far we'd never have a shot. I'd think Seattle or the Rams would certainly grab him before the Browns in the second round.

    Both teams have WR needs.

  • Guys, he won't drop that far.

  • I think he's still going to go 4 to Seattle and that'd leave the monkey wrench where it's always been - in the hands of the Chiefs.

    Personally, I'm hoping that Sanchez has a terrific workout and that they don't even think about trading for Cassel. Or that Brady has a hiccup in his rehab and the Patriots don't move Cassel.

    And that'd give us Curry (sign of the cross - please God).

    I'm also with Alo concerning the Brown/Orakpo thing.

    Beanpot

  • Listening to Kiper and Clayton on ESPN Radio earlier, they believe Crabtree won't drop past OAK at 7 or JAX at 8. I tend to agree.

  • Listening to Kiper and Clayton on ESPN Radio earlier, they believe Crabtree won't drop past OAK at 7 or JAX at 8. I tend to agree.

    mz. said:

    Listening to Kiper and Clayton on ESPN Radio earlier, they believe Crabtree won't drop past OAK at 7 or JAX at 8. I tend to agree.

    I'd be shocked. Depending on the severity and location, a stress fracture can become a recurring problem.

    He'll probably be out 10 to 12 weeks before he can begin training real hard. Whoever drafts him better be ready for a guy that will be behind because there isn't going to be a mini camp for him.