Skip to content

Cardinals release Ted Ginn

The Browns Board
24 15 1.3k
  • Couldn't hurt to bring Teddy in during the off season. If he earns his spot throughout camp and pre-season, then its a win-win for the Browns.

  • Panthers want Ginn back badly for the same reasons we have. Ball Security. Jim Leonard Retire?? Draft WR KR PR Tyler Lockett>Ginn Jr. Gilbert's got enough going on at CB for now...

  • Him and Donte Whitner workout at the same gym as me..

    Today in the locker room he was leaving as me and my buddy were just getting there, he said he wants to play for the Browns but "they dont want him". I asked him if he was a free agent he said no he's still with the Cards

    I think they should pick him up, our return game was terrible last year

  • I guess try it. We'll figure out quickly if he's worth a spot

    I don't think there's any need for him though

  • Uh I don't know anybody in the Cardinals association but do you suppose they cut him because he was getting too many return yards and they wanted to give the other players an opportunity to contribute to the games? Or some other reason?

    WSS

  • Uh I don't know anybody in the Cardinals association but do you suppose they cut him because he was getting too many return yards and they wanted to give the other players an opportunity to contribute to the games? Or some other reason?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Uh I don't know anybody in the Cardinals association but do you suppose they cut him because he was getting too many return yards and they wanted to give the other players an opportunity to contribute to the games? Or some other reason?

    WSS

    Ginn got beat out by a rookie kid who ended up being a breakout player for them. This just means that the Cardinals have more talent at WR/KR than the Browns.

  • No, we don't need to get that guy. I don't give a damn about the Cleveland part. Drew Carey is from Cleveland too. Maybe we could have him bring back some kicks as well?

    I'd put Gilbert returning punts, at least until he made it as a starting corner. Maybe even then. Neon Dion was a pretty good corner who kept returning kicks late in to his career.

    Gilbert is a damn fine return man.....use him.

    @ballpeen said:

    No, we don't need to get that guy. I don't give a damn about the Cleveland part. Drew Carey is from Cleveland too. Maybe we could have him bring back some kicks as well?

    I'd put Gilbert returning punts, at least until he made it as a starting corner. Maybe even then. Neon Dion was a pretty good corner who kept returning kicks late in to his career.

    Gilbert is a damn fine return man.....use him.

    I agree, but the question is.....if he is so damn fine, why did they NOT use him last year, when they were desperate for a return man? Did they not trust him? Trust his maturity. And if they wouldn't use him last year, are they or are they not willing to use him this year?

    Its a head scratcher.

  • No, we don't need to get that guy. I don't give a damn about the Cleveland part. Drew Carey is from Cleveland too. Maybe we could have him bring back some kicks as well?

    I'd put Gilbert returning punts, at least until he made it as a starting corner. Maybe even then. Neon Dion was a pretty good corner who kept returning kicks late in to his career.

    Gilbert is a damn fine return man.....use him.

    @ballpeen said:

    I don't give a damn about the Cleveland part. Drew Carey is from Cleveland too. Maybe we could have him bring back some kicks as well?

    He might, if the price is right...

  • I saw what you did there.

  • Someone had to...

  • Mary May Grabbit said the Browns are talking to Ginn