Move up a few spots for Beasley?
-
If Shelton is gone before 12, I'd be willing to be there's a high probability Beasley won't be off the board. And if he's there at 12 and I'm the Browns.... I'm trading down if Shelton is gone.
-
Beasley does look the part, but he is only 246 lbs. He is only 6lbs heavier then Mingo, and look how much trouble Mingo has against guys who outweigh him by 70lbs. I am not saying Beasley is the next Mingo, but Drafting a kid we might have to wait a couple years on isn't going to help us in immediate future.
As for trading up? No.
-
Beasley does look the part, but he is only 246 lbs. He is only 6lbs heavier then Mingo, and look how much trouble Mingo has against guys who outweigh him by 70lbs. I am not saying Beasley is the next Mingo, but Drafting a kid we might have to wait a couple years on isn't going to help us in immediate future.
As for trading up? No.
cbbacker said:
Beasley does look the part, but he is only 246 lbs. He is only 6lbs heavier then Mingo, and look how much trouble Mingo has against guys who outweigh him by 70lbs. I am not saying Beasley is the next Mingo, but Drafting a kid we might have to wait a couple years on isn't going to help us in immediate future.
As for trading up? No.
I can assure you Beasley is lighter than 246. On the Browns he would be a situational pass rusher at best his first couple years. That provided Mingo has taken the next step forward in his progress. If not? Well, he may very well come in first year and supplant Mingo.
-
Lighter? Beasley weighed 246 at the Combine.
With the added weight he now looks like a 3-down OLB to me and I'm still thinking it'd be nice to have at least one of those on our D.
I would not move up for him, but if there at 12, then I think he's an option.
Lighter? Beasley weighed 246 at the Combine.
With the added weight he now looks like a 3-down OLB to me and I'm still thinking it'd be nice to have at least one of those on our D.
I would not move up for him, but if there at 12, then I think he's an option.
Really? He doesn't appear that heavy at all. I didn't check his combine numbers, but his listed weight from Clemson start of the year was 225. That's a hell of a gain since then if so.
-
I havent' heard yet what's happening with Sheard, we lose him we need another Jack OLB'er and Beasley is a stud. Can play down or up. Get that guy. We'd have to give up too much to move up high enough to take Shelton, but Beasley is a possibility.
I havent' heard yet what's happening with Sheard, we lose him we need another Jack OLB'er and Beasley is a stud.
Yep...Sheard is the key....if they dont sign him, beasley seems like the best option
I can assure you Beasley is lighter than 246. On the Browns he would be a situational pass rusher at best his first couple years. That provided Mingo has taken the next step forward in his progress. If not? Well, he may very well come in first year and supplant Mingo.
Im thinking he'd give Mingo a run for his money....but still hope to see Mingo break out next year...
I would not move up for him, but if there at 12, then I think he's an option.
Id consider him at 12 too....esp if Sheard is gone......but dont honestly see ANY player Id trade up for...
Talent isnt deep at the top this year, so if my top few aren't there at 12, Id be happy to step down
-
Beasley is "way" thicker than Mingo....i'm actually surprised he weighs 245. Get him to 250-255 and he's a prototype LB'er that the Steelers are always after. He's sort of the inbetween with Mingo and Kruger. He'd be awesome. Mingo is not an everydown 3-4 LB'er. Beasley could be. On passing downs you'd put Mingo in and either Kruger or Beasley depending on who needs a rest.
-
There's another guy that might also be a stud OLB'er for us, he's got that African name..Odawanana something or other. Runs about 260. Would take him as well.
-
I don't want to move up for anybody.
-
but we could call him Beastly. Just saying. And heed ballpeen, no trading up!
WSS
-
Lighter? Beasley weighed 246 at the Combine.
With the added weight he now looks like a 3-down OLB to me and I'm still thinking it'd be nice to have at least one of those on our D.
I would not move up for him, but if there at 12, then I think he's an option.
Really? He doesn't appear that heavy at all. I didn't check his combine numbers, but his listed weight from Clemson start of the year was 225. That's a hell of a gain since then if so.
Really? He doesn't appear that heavy at all. I didn't check his combine numbers, but his listed weight from Clemson start of the year was 225. That's a hell of a gain since then if so.
Yup... Mayock was incredulous that Beasley had packed on 20 pounds since he was weighed by scouts a year ago and could still move like he did.
Why Move up?? LB's Project 2nd round---E. Harold, N. Orchard, L. Kendricks, D. Perryman and B. McKinney. They play Football not NFL Combine. To be Blunt, Just get Mingo off the Field...
Why move up? You mean other than none of the players you listed, even the couple I do like, can bring what Beasley can bring?
-
Why the heck would you MOVE UP for Beasely, paying a price, when you
could simply stay put and pick Bud Dupree from Kentucky?
Not that much difference, depending on interviews, love for the game, character, etc.
Do not trade up unless it's the one guy you need to complete your team, or at least
to make a huge addition that you can't add any way else, any where else.
Without signing that NT out of TB, Shelton could be one of the guys, but who is
worth the loss of draft picks when the Browns want to hit on all cylinders next year?
-
-
It's funny cause, the older I get, the more I tend to side with the 'stay put' and 'trade back for more picks' guys.
Wasn't the case 4-5 years ago.
-
Got to find a way to fill the DT spot first in order to keep people off the LB's and stop the inside run game. Maybe consider a move up from 19 after that if all ILB's seem to be coming off the board. All depends on whether we fill any needs in FA or not of course.
-
Terrance Knighton, NT, Broncos. Age: 29.Terrance "Pot Roast" Knighton is one of the top run-stuffers in the NFL. Unlike most nose tackles, however, Knighton can put a decent amount of pressure on the quarterback; including the playoffs, he had five sacks in 2013, which is a big number for a 330-pounder.
-
Really? He doesn't appear that heavy at all. I didn't check his combine numbers, but his listed weight from Clemson start of the year was 225. That's a hell of a gain since then if so.
Yup... Mayock was incredulous that Beasley had packed on 20 pounds since he was weighed by scouts a year ago and could still move like he did.
Why Move up?? LB's Project 2nd round---E. Harold, N. Orchard, L. Kendricks, D. Perryman and B. McKinney. They play Football not NFL Combine. To be Blunt, Just get Mingo off the Field...
Why move up? You mean other than none of the players you listed, even the couple I do like, can bring what Beasley can bring?
I wouldn't go as far to say that. I don't think anyone can threaten the edge like Beasley except for maybe Shane Ray. However his secondary pass rush move is still a work in progress and his discipline in his rush lane remains an issue.Why move up? You mean other than none of the players you listed, even the couple I do like, can bring what Beasley can bring?
I went back and took a second look at him. Vic has more work from a 2point stance than I previously thought. Which presents something of an issue. Because it's very possible he doesn't make it past the top 10. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to have Shelton now fall to us because Ray, Fowler, Gregory and now Beasley are being coveted as top tier pass rushers.
Would I be disappointed with Shelton and Orchard? Absolutely not. Like I've said previously, it may be for the best because it would allow flexibility in a potential trade down with our 19th.
-
Problem is, t, Shelton is one of the guys moving up as well. With the number of folks in the "top ten" now at 11 or 12, someone has to fall to us. Issue will be whether player fills a need.
As for Beasley... I think he now stands apart from the other edge rushers.
-
Problem is, t, Shelton is one of the guys moving up as well. With the number of folks in the "top ten" now at 11 or 12, someone has to fall to us. Issue will be whether player fills a need.
As for Beasley... I think he now stands apart from the other edge rushers.
Problem is, t, Shelton is one of the guys moving up as well. With the number of folks in the "top ten" now at 11 or 12, someone has to fall to us. Issue will be whether player fills a need.
As for Beasley... I think he now stands apart from the other edge rushers.
I won't disagree with the bold. I'm just looking at the teams that would realistically pick Shelton before us. The true threat I see is Chi-town. I've heard the G-men mentioned a couple times now. I don't think the 'experts' realize that New York doesn't value the DT position as highly as some. In fact, to them its very similar the way Farmer views WR's. They flat out don't invest high picks on interior lineman. Atlanta gets a pass rusher as well. I strongly feel Danny falls to us if Da Bears go OLB. As for whether the player fills a need, I'd call OLB a need at this very moment.
The one thing I noticed about Beasley. He he has quite a long stride, which means sometimes tackles can be caught off guard because you don't see his feet moving fast. Its both a good and bad attribute. However his 10 yard split was the worst of all edge rushers at the combine. To me, tape will always hold the greatest weight. But that is something of a concern. (To me at least)
edit: Side note, anybody else here besides me want to see Scott Soloman make some noise in the off season camps? I went back to try and find film of him at Rice. Kid has a nasty first step.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login