Skip to content

See Anyone You Like In Potential Cuts?

The Browns Board
26 13 1.3k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #1
  • ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Wilfork or Hali too

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Just a couple thoughts here:

    -Wouldn't mind seeing Phil Taylor go, he's okay but okay talent shouldn't be 6 mil against the cap if you ask me.

    -Depending how the QB situation goes Fitzpatrick would be a solid backup. Definitely don't want to see him as a starter though

    -I still can't believe we got a first round pick for Trent Richardson. I know the actual player we got from it is potentially bust material too but I still think it couldn't be worse than Trent.

  • Just a couple thoughts here:

    -Wouldn't mind seeing Phil Taylor go, he's okay but okay talent shouldn't be 6 mil against the cap if you ask me.

    -Depending how the QB situation goes Fitzpatrick would be a solid backup. Definitely don't want to see him as a starter though

    -I still can't believe we got a first round pick for Trent Richardson. I know the actual player we got from it is potentially bust material too but I still think it couldn't be worse than Trent.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @jrb12711 said:

    Just a couple thoughts here:

    -I still can't believe we got a first round pick for Trent Richardson. I know the actual player we got from it is potentially bust material too but I still think it couldn't be worse than Trent.

    That's the positive thing from the trade. Sure Manziel has shown nothing to make me believe he's any better than Richardson, but at least we've only seen 1 start from him and there's still a chance he could get better and be worth a 1st round pick. Richardson has had 3 years and will soon be on his 3rd team. He will go down in history as one of the biggest busts in NFL draft history.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Just a couple thoughts here:

    -I still can't believe we got a first round pick for Trent Richardson. I know the actual player we got from it is potentially bust material too but I still think it couldn't be worse than Trent.

    That's the positive thing from the trade. Sure Manziel has shown nothing to make me believe he's any better than Richardson, but at least we've only seen 1 start from him and there's still a chance he could get better and be worth a 1st round pick. Richardson has had 3 years and will soon be on his 3rd team. He will go down in history as one of the biggest busts in NFL draft history.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @mark-o said:

    Richardson has had 3 years and will soon be on his 3rd team. He will go down in history as one of the biggest busts in NFL draft history.

    and he is a double bust....because 2 teams gave 1st round picks for him, not just one.....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I think the article's criticism of Taylor for a low tackle total is way off base. Plus if his pattern continues he's due for a healthy 2015.

    As for the cut candidates...

    Of the strongs: no one save our own Taylor.

    Of the Potential Surprises: Both Wilfork and Ngata would be interesting, but...

    - Vince is long in the tooth and when Bill let's a player go, he's usually close to done.

    - Haloti is a personal fav. So long as we do not expect, or pay for, what he was in his prime, then fine.

    Of the "other": two names pop Keisel and Posluszny... both play like Browns.

    - Unfortunately Keisel is too long in the tooth to change teams now (I think LeBeau talked him into playing last year).

    - Coming off a torn pec, Paul P on the other hand would pair nicely with Dansby inside.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    Jacoby Jones just released. No, I don't want him. Nor Ginn. Ginn having his own thread is pushing it IMO. I hope no one starts one for Jones

    Zombo

  • I think the article's criticism of Taylor for a low tackle total is way off base. Plus if his pattern continues he's due for a healthy 2015.

    As for the cut candidates...

    Of the strongs: no one save our own Taylor.

    Of the Potential Surprises: Both Wilfork and Ngata would be interesting, but...

    - Vince is long in the tooth and when Bill let's a player go, he's usually close to done.

    - Haloti is a personal fav. So long as we do not expect, or pay for, what he was in his prime, then fine.

    Of the "other": two names pop Keisel and Posluszny... both play like Browns.

    - Unfortunately Keisel is too long in the tooth to change teams now (I think LeBeau talked him into playing last year).

    - Coming off a torn pec, Paul P on the other hand would pair nicely with Dansby inside.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #8

    @tour2ma said:

    I think the article's criticism of Taylor for a low tackle total is way off base. Plus if his pattern continues he's due for a healthy 2015.

    As for the cut candidates...

    Of the strongs: no one save our own Taylor.

    Of the Potential Surprises: Both Wilfork and Ngata would be interesting, but...

    - Vince is long in the tooth and when Bill let's a player go, he's usually close to done.

    - Haloti is a personal fav. So long as we do not expect, or pay for, what he was in his prime, then fine.

    Of the "other": two names pop Keisel and Posluszny... both play like Browns.

    - Unfortunately Keisel is too long in the tooth to change teams now (I think LeBeau talked him into playing last year).

    - Coming off a torn pec, Paul P on the other hand would pair nicely with Dansby inside.

    Saw an interview with Tom Coughlin and he made it clear they would do everything they could to keep Pierre-Paul a Giant for his whole NFL career. They may have to franchise tag him though (he didn't say that but it's in the news). http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/02/jason_pierre-paul_franchise_tag_possible_because_g.html

    Never mind-see you were referring to Poslusky

  • Jacoby Jones just released. No, I don't want him. Nor Ginn. Ginn having his own thread is pushing it IMO. I hope no one starts one for Jones

    Zombo

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Zombo said:

    Jacoby Jones just released. No, I don't want him. Nor Ginn. Ginn having his own thread is pushing it IMO. I hope no one starts one for Jones

    Zombo

    What's your plan for a KR and PR? Gilbert? Travis Benjamin? Somebody new?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Would Schaub or Fitzpatrick be as viable as anyone else that is out there? Like the McCowns/Lockers/Bradfords etc.

  • Zombo said:

    Jacoby Jones just released. No, I don't want him. Nor Ginn. Ginn having his own thread is pushing it IMO. I hope no one starts one for Jones

    Zombo

    What's your plan for a KR and PR? Gilbert? Travis Benjamin? Somebody new?

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    What's your plan for a KR and PR? Gilbert? Travis Benjamin? Somebody new?

    Whatever. No need to sign 30 year olds to take up a roster spot returning kicks.

    Zombo

  • Zombo said:

    Jacoby Jones just released. No, I don't want him. Nor Ginn. Ginn having his own thread is pushing it IMO. I hope no one starts one for Jones

    Zombo

    What's your plan for a KR and PR? Gilbert? Travis Benjamin? Somebody new?

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @the-gipper said:

    What's your plan for a KR and PR? Gilbert? Travis Benjamin? Somebody new?

    When Benji wasn't a pussy he was a deadly returner, I don't know what happened last year but he became afraid of the ball and afraid of any gunner that was running a bit fast at him.

  • @the-gipper said:

    What's your plan for a KR and PR? Gilbert? Travis Benjamin? Somebody new?

    When Benji wasn't a pussy he was a deadly returner, I don't know what happened last year but he became afraid of the ball and afraid of any gunner that was running a bit fast at him.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @columbusking said:

    When Benji wasn't a pussy he was a deadly returner, I don't know what happened last year but he became afraid of the ball and afraid of any gunner that was running a bit fast at him.

    Being 160lbs and getting hit has a tendency to make one a bit gun shy.

  • Would Schaub or Fitzpatrick be as viable as anyone else that is out there? Like the McCowns/Lockers/Bradfords etc.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-gipper said:

    Would Schaub or Fitzpatrick be as viable as anyone else that is out there? Like the McCowns/Lockers/Bradfords etc.

    Schaub is finished. Fitzpatrick is very average. I like Locker only because he has potential upside.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Reggie Bush cut ... and No.

    A.J. Hawk ... No.

    Zombo

  • slimdawgS slimdawg wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Deangelo williams would interest me if he does get cut. I know we have 2 or 3 young capable backs, but he should come pretty cheap and if healthy could be a good 3rd down option that can catch out of the backfield, something we saw very little last season.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #17

    Reported on texags.com that senior PK Josh Lambo was interviewed as a possible FA by the Browns. Last two years he is 20/24 on FG and 103/104 PA attempts

    http://www.12thman.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208706473&DB_OEM_ID=27300

  • @the-gipper said:

    Would Schaub or Fitzpatrick be as viable as anyone else that is out there? Like the McCowns/Lockers/Bradfords etc.

    Schaub is finished. Fitzpatrick is very average. I like Locker only because he has potential upside.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @mark-o said:

    Schaub is finished. Fitzpatrick is very average. I like Locker only because he has potential upside.

    Exactly...

    Schaub is done. Out of nowhere he broke down in Houston and confirmed that status in OAK.

    Fitz is simply too aggravating. Super smart guy that just can't help but make stupid throws.

  • @columbusking said:

    When Benji wasn't a pussy he was a deadly returner, I don't know what happened last year but he became afraid of the ball and afraid of any gunner that was running a bit fast at him.

    Being 160lbs and getting hit has a tendency to make one a bit gun shy.

    ColumbusKingC ColumbusKing wrote on last edited by ColumbusKing
    #19

    @tiamat63 said:

    Being 160lbs and getting hit has a tendency to make one a bit gun shy.

    He didn't seem to have a problem with it before this year.
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #20

    Poz and Dansby inside? That could potentially be deadly. Robertson played well though and so did Kirksey (tho I think he moved around)