Skip to content

AJ Hawk Available

The Browns Board
42 17 1.8k
  • Draft all the buckeyes! .....

    @mld-woody said:

    Draft all the buckeyes! .....

    Does Michigan have anyone in this draft?

    Oh...that's right...Braylon Edwards v2.

  • Hartline was just released. Jump on that shit, immediately. He would be an instant upgrade @ #2 with the best hands on the team.

    And no, this is not a Buckeye bias talking.

  • Hartline was just released. Jump on that shit, immediately. He would be an instant upgrade @ #2 with the best hands on the team.

    And no, this is not a Buckeye bias talking.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hartline was just released. Jump on that shit, immediately. He would be an instant upgrade @ #2 with the best hands on the team.

    And no, this is not a Buckeye bias talking.

    It's always Buckeye bias. They'd say the same thing if we wanted Eddie George in his prime.

    The only thing Michigan fans have to be happy about is not being the worst team in the Big Ten.

  • Hartline was just released. Jump on that shit, immediately. He would be an instant upgrade @ #2 with the best hands on the team.

    And no, this is not a Buckeye bias talking.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Hartline was just released. Jump on that shit, immediately. He would be an instant upgrade @ #2 with the best hands on the team.

    And no, this is not a Buckeye bias talking.

    You & I aren't the Coach & GM or I think we'd lock him up. Hartline's a nice possession WR & he's 6'2" tall, which certainly doesn't hurt.

    Mike

  • @mld-woody said:

    Draft all the buckeyes! .....

    Does Michigan have anyone in this draft?

    Oh...that's right...Braylon Edwards v2.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Does Michigan have anyone in this draft?

    Oh...that's right...Braylon Edwards v2.

    We could get Jake Ryan in like the 7th round...and that would be OK. And he could bring Molly Ringwald with him.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Hartline was just released. Jump on that shit, immediately. He would be an instant upgrade @ #2 with the best hands on the team.

    And no, this is not a Buckeye bias talking.

    You & I aren't the Coach & GM or I think we'd lock him up. Hartline's a nice possession WR & he's 6'2" tall, which certainly doesn't hurt.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    You & I aren't the Coach & GM or I think we'd lock him up. Hartline's a nice possession WR & he's 6'2" tall, which certainly doesn't hurt.

    Mike

    Mike

    He was Miami's top receiver for a few years. Yes, maybe worth a shot.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Draft all the buckeyes! .....

    They would have been better off over the past 10 years or so if they had.

    @the-gipper said:

    They would have been better off over the past 10 years or so if they had.

    How so?

  • @the-gipper said:

    They would have been better off over the past 10 years or so if they had.

    How so?

    @mld-woody said:

    How so?

    How many bad busts have we drafted in that era? I think they would not have had nearly as many if they just said on a lark: take the best available Buckeye.

    I guess I could go through it and say: we coulda drafted X Buckeye instead of TR, or Y Buckeye instead of Weeden, or Z Buckeye instead of Mingo.....but it would be silly to do so.

  • @mld-woody said:

    How so?

    How many bad busts have we drafted in that era? I think they would not have had nearly as many if they just said on a lark: take the best available Buckeye.

    I guess I could go through it and say: we coulda drafted X Buckeye instead of TR, or Y Buckeye instead of Weeden, or Z Buckeye instead of Mingo.....but it would be silly to do so.

    @the-gipper said:

    How many bad busts have we drafted in that era? I think they would not have had nearly as many if they just said on a lark: take the best available Buckeye.

    I guess I could go through it and say: we coulda drafted X Buckeye instead of TR, or Y Buckeye instead of Weeden, or Z Buckeye instead of Mingo.....but it would be silly to do so.

    And unless you do so, your statement has no basis. But if you want to cherry pick all of our busts, go for it

  • @the-gipper said:

    How many bad busts have we drafted in that era? I think they would not have had nearly as many if they just said on a lark: take the best available Buckeye.

    I guess I could go through it and say: we coulda drafted X Buckeye instead of TR, or Y Buckeye instead of Weeden, or Z Buckeye instead of Mingo.....but it would be silly to do so.

    And unless you do so, your statement has no basis. But if you want to cherry pick all of our busts, go for it

    @mld-woody said:

    And unless you do so, your statement has no basis. But if you want to cherry pick all of our busts, go for it

    So his statement would essentially be akin to literally everything you've ever said here...an opinion with zero fact behind it.

    Got it.

  • The Buckeye vs *ichigan nonsense goes elsewhere. To me, it helps Brian is from the area and that he may want to come home. However he's a plus size receiver that is still pretty young, displays great hands, routes and a quick stride. I could give a shit if he went to tOSU or not, I'm interested in any player that fills a need with those measurables at a reasonable price.

  • The Buckeye vs *ichigan nonsense goes elsewhere. To me, it helps Brian is from the area and that he may want to come home. However he's a plus size receiver that is still pretty young, displays great hands, routes and a quick stride. I could give a shit if he went to tOSU or not, I'm interested in any player that fills a need with those measurables at a reasonable price.

    @tiamat63 said:

    The Buckeye vs *ichigan nonsense goes elsewhere. To me, it helps Brian is from the area and that he may want to come home. However he's a plus size receiver that is still pretty young, displays great hands, routes and a quick stride. I could give a shit if he went to tOSU or not, I'm interested in any player that fills a need with those measurables at a reasonable price.

    I agree. We could use the WR help

  • @mld-woody said:

    And unless you do so, your statement has no basis. But if you want to cherry pick all of our busts, go for it

    So his statement would essentially be akin to literally everything you've ever said here...an opinion with zero fact behind it.

    Got it.

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    So his statement would essentially be akin to literally everything you've ever said here...an opinion with zero fact behind it.

    Got it.

    Haha, sure thing.

  • Hartline Vs Miles Austin.. What we Paying?? And I assume Hartline younger than Miles?? Hartline better Hands but Question Speed??

  • Hartline Vs Miles Austin.. What we Paying?? And I assume Hartline younger than Miles?? Hartline better Hands but Question Speed??

    @gumby73 said:

    Hartline Vs Miles Austin.. What we Paying?? And I assume Hartline younger than Miles?? Hartline better Hands but Question Speed??

    Hartline might be a tad more expensive, but not by much. He's 3 years younger I believe? At this point has a better first step and top end stride than Miles.

  • Yes, Brian offers more speed, but I don't see it being Austin vs. Hartline. Hartline has never been a #1... doesn't have the strength Miles does to separate.

    So for me the question is: Who would I take Hartline over?

    Hawk? No.

    Gabe? No.

    Benji? Maybe... but at this level of a role, $$$ becomes a consideration.

    I don't see Brian in the cards...

  • Dud the last few years. Actually I forgot he was still playing.

  • Yes, Brian offers more speed, but I don't see it being Austin vs. Hartline. Hartline has never been a #1... doesn't have the strength Miles does to separate.

    So for me the question is: Who would I take Hartline over?

    Hawk? No.

    Gabe? No.

    Benji? Maybe... but at this level of a role, $$$ becomes a consideration.

    I don't see Brian in the cards...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes, Brian offers more speed, but I don't see it being Austin vs. Hartline. Hartline has never been a #1... doesn't have the strength Miles does to separate.

    So for me the question is: Who would I take Hartline over?

    Hawk? No.

    Gabe? No.

    Benji? Maybe... but at this level of a role, $$$ becomes a consideration.

    I don't see Brian in the cards...

    Speed to get open=strength to get open to me. Hartline Hands and Sideline feet and younger> than Miles. I kinda think Miles wants overpaid on his last contract and pushes us up to paying him Hartline Money anyhow. I like signing them both and keeping better Depth at the position that is know Gordon-less and still draft one. Hate to say it but, at Benji's size he's looking a little NFL beat up and hearing steps. Next is shying away from Hits such as Cribbs at end with Browns.

  • Yes, Brian offers more speed, but I don't see it being Austin vs. Hartline. Hartline has never been a #1... doesn't have the strength Miles does to separate.

    So for me the question is: Who would I take Hartline over?

    Hawk? No.

    Gabe? No.

    Benji? Maybe... but at this level of a role, $$$ becomes a consideration.

    I don't see Brian in the cards...

    @tour2ma said:

    Yes, Brian offers more speed, but I don't see it being Austin vs. Hartline. Hartline has never been a #1... doesn't have the strength Miles does to separate.

    So for me the question is: Who would I take Hartline over?

    Hawk? No.

    Gabe? No.

    Benji? Maybe... but at this level of a role, $$$ becomes a consideration.

    I don't see Brian in the cards...

    I'd take Hartline over Benji and probably over Gabe, as Brian can play both inside and out while offering more of a height threat in the redzone. The horizontal passing game is nice, being quick

    in space is great for those bunch sets we like to use. Gab can also be utilized in a pinch for returning punts or kicks. I could see a spot on the roster for all three. Of those 3, Hartline and Hawk offer the most versatility.