Trade up for Danny Shelton
-
Shelton is worthy of a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't trade anything to get up there for him. I agree we need a 0-tech, Hampton/Wilfork-type of NT. There are a few potentially good ones in this draft to anchor our defense...
1 - Danny Shelton - I wish he was a little taller, but he has a great motor and is incredibly strong. He is the safest pick at this position
2 - Jordan Phillips - Here is the guy I hope we can draft at 19, who I like better than M.Brown for our D. He's bigger and seems like a better athlete. I think he could be special.
3 - Malcom Brown - slightly undersized for what we need. He is a 3-tech first, and probably just average lined up over center. The problem is we have a few 3-tech guys (Taylor, Hughes) who aren't very good over center. We need a guy who can line up over center to help with rush D first, then be able to play 3-tech and provide pressure. Brown seems like he could become that type of player, but I'm not sure I see it yet...
4 - Eddie Goldman - I think he would be a better fit than Brown for our team, right now, but he is not special, like Brown "could become."
5 - Carl Davis - Doesn't seem worthy of either 1st round pick, but if the above 4 guys were gone, he'd be worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd. He has the measurables, but reports are he lacks the motor needed to play this difficult position in the pros (an attribute we don't need on our team)
6*(maybe) Ellis McCarthy - former 5-star recruit has all the measurables you want to see. Problem is he has had surgery on both of his knees and has had problems with his weight. But I will say, if he is not gone by the 5th I'd take a shot at him.
-
Shelton is worthy of a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't trade anything to get up there for him. I agree we need a 0-tech, Hampton/Wilfork-type of NT. There are a few potentially good ones in this draft to anchor our defense...
1 - Danny Shelton - I wish he was a little taller, but he has a great motor and is incredibly strong. He is the safest pick at this position
2 - Jordan Phillips - Here is the guy I hope we can draft at 19, who I like better than M.Brown for our D. He's bigger and seems like a better athlete. I think he could be special.
3 - Malcom Brown - slightly undersized for what we need. He is a 3-tech first, and probably just average lined up over center. The problem is we have a few 3-tech guys (Taylor, Hughes) who aren't very good over center. We need a guy who can line up over center to help with rush D first, then be able to play 3-tech and provide pressure. Brown seems like he could become that type of player, but I'm not sure I see it yet...
4 - Eddie Goldman - I think he would be a better fit than Brown for our team, right now, but he is not special, like Brown "could become."
5 - Carl Davis - Doesn't seem worthy of either 1st round pick, but if the above 4 guys were gone, he'd be worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd. He has the measurables, but reports are he lacks the motor needed to play this difficult position in the pros (an attribute we don't need on our team)
6*(maybe) Ellis McCarthy - former 5-star recruit has all the measurables you want to see. Problem is he has had surgery on both of his knees and has had problems with his weight. But I will say, if he is not gone by the 5th I'd take a shot at him.
Shelton is worthy of a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't trade anything to get up there for him. I agree we need a 0-tech, Hampton/Wilfork-type of NT. There are a few potentially good ones in this draft to anchor our defense...
1 - Danny Shelton - I wish he was a little taller, but he has a great motor and is incredibly strong. He is the safest pick at this position
2 - Jordan Phillips - Here is the guy I hope we can draft at 19, who I like better than M.Brown for our D. He's bigger and seems like a better athlete. I think he could be special.
3 - Malcom Brown - slightly undersized for what we need. He is a 3-tech first, and probably just average lined up over center. The problem is we have a few 3-tech guys (Taylor, Hughes) who aren't very good over center. We need a guy who can line up over center to help with rush D first, then be able to play 3-tech and provide pressure. Brown seems like he could become that type of player, but I'm not sure I see it yet...
4 - Eddie Goldman - I think he would be a better fit than Brown for our team, right now, but he is not special, like Brown "could become."
5 - Carl Davis - Doesn't seem worthy of either 1st round pick, but if the above 4 guys were gone, he'd be worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd. He has the measurables, but reports are he lacks the motor needed to play this difficult position in the pros (an attribute we don't need on our team)
6*(maybe) Ellis McCarthy - former 5-star recruit has all the measurables you want to see. Problem is he has had surgery on both of his knees and has had problems with his weight. But I will say, if he is not gone by the 5th I'd take a shot at him.
You should go watch some film on the two I've bolded. You will be seriously disappointed.
-
Shelton is worthy of a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't trade anything to get up there for him. I agree we need a 0-tech, Hampton/Wilfork-type of NT. There are a few potentially good ones in this draft to anchor our defense...
1 - Danny Shelton - I wish he was a little taller, but he has a great motor and is incredibly strong. He is the safest pick at this position
2 - Jordan Phillips - Here is the guy I hope we can draft at 19, who I like better than M.Brown for our D. He's bigger and seems like a better athlete. I think he could be special.
3 - Malcom Brown - slightly undersized for what we need. He is a 3-tech first, and probably just average lined up over center. The problem is we have a few 3-tech guys (Taylor, Hughes) who aren't very good over center. We need a guy who can line up over center to help with rush D first, then be able to play 3-tech and provide pressure. Brown seems like he could become that type of player, but I'm not sure I see it yet...
4 - Eddie Goldman - I think he would be a better fit than Brown for our team, right now, but he is not special, like Brown "could become."
5 - Carl Davis - Doesn't seem worthy of either 1st round pick, but if the above 4 guys were gone, he'd be worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd. He has the measurables, but reports are he lacks the motor needed to play this difficult position in the pros (an attribute we don't need on our team)
6*(maybe) Ellis McCarthy - former 5-star recruit has all the measurables you want to see. Problem is he has had surgery on both of his knees and has had problems with his weight. But I will say, if he is not gone by the 5th I'd take a shot at him.
You should go watch some film on the two I've bolded. You will be seriously disappointed.
-
Shelton is worthy of a top 10 pick, but I wouldn't trade anything to get up there for him. I agree we need a 0-tech, Hampton/Wilfork-type of NT. There are a few potentially good ones in this draft to anchor our defense...
1 - Danny Shelton - I wish he was a little taller, but he has a great motor and is incredibly strong. He is the safest pick at this position
2 - Jordan Phillips - Here is the guy I hope we can draft at 19, who I like better than M.Brown for our D. He's bigger and seems like a better athlete. I think he could be special.
3 - Malcom Brown - slightly undersized for what we need. He is a 3-tech first, and probably just average lined up over center. The problem is we have a few 3-tech guys (Taylor, Hughes) who aren't very good over center. We need a guy who can line up over center to help with rush D first, then be able to play 3-tech and provide pressure. Brown seems like he could become that type of player, but I'm not sure I see it yet...
4 - Eddie Goldman - I think he would be a better fit than Brown for our team, right now, but he is not special, like Brown "could become."
5 - Carl Davis - Doesn't seem worthy of either 1st round pick, but if the above 4 guys were gone, he'd be worth a look in the 2nd or 3rd. He has the measurables, but reports are he lacks the motor needed to play this difficult position in the pros (an attribute we don't need on our team)
6*(maybe) Ellis McCarthy - former 5-star recruit has all the measurables you want to see. Problem is he has had surgery on both of his knees and has had problems with his weight. But I will say, if he is not gone by the 5th I'd take a shot at him.
You should go watch some film on the two I've bolded. You will be seriously disappointed.
You should go watch some film on the two I've bolded. You will be seriously disappointed.
I only watched Phillips play against Tennessee, and I saw a NT dominate an entire game. He was so disruptive early in the game, he forced the Vols to double and triple team him which made for an easy day for the rest of the D. When they tried to single him, I watched him force pressure on multiple occasions and made the QB hurry his throws... which ultimately led to a 100 yd pick-6 for Oklahoma. I did not see one run play in that game where he was pushed off the line of scrimmage...
I'll watch more if I have time, but what I have seen is extremely impressive...
yep...I have the same feeling about Phillips....kind of a tweener project to my eye.....dont see it in the first round, but would have interest if he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round...
Tweener? Between what? He has been a 3-4 NT his entire career at Oklahoma and he's almost 340 lbs... Lines up as a 0-tech almost every play...
-
You should go watch some film on the two I've bolded. You will be seriously disappointed.
I only watched Phillips play against Tennessee, and I saw a NT dominate an entire game. He was so disruptive early in the game, he forced the Vols to double and triple team him which made for an easy day for the rest of the D. When they tried to single him, I watched him force pressure on multiple occasions and made the QB hurry his throws... which ultimately led to a 100 yd pick-6 for Oklahoma. I did not see one run play in that game where he was pushed off the line of scrimmage...
I'll watch more if I have time, but what I have seen is extremely impressive...
yep...I have the same feeling about Phillips....kind of a tweener project to my eye.....dont see it in the first round, but would have interest if he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round...
Tweener? Between what? He has been a 3-4 NT his entire career at Oklahoma and he's almost 340 lbs... Lines up as a 0-tech almost every play...
I only watched Phillips play against Tennessee, and I saw a NT dominate an entire game.
One game? Yeah, check out other games where he isn't playing against one the worst offensive lines in the country.
"The Vols ranked No. 118 in sacks allowed with a total of 42 and an average of 3.5 per game. Tennessee also ranked No. 124 in tackles for loss allowed"
-
You should go watch some film on the two I've bolded. You will be seriously disappointed.
I only watched Phillips play against Tennessee, and I saw a NT dominate an entire game. He was so disruptive early in the game, he forced the Vols to double and triple team him which made for an easy day for the rest of the D. When they tried to single him, I watched him force pressure on multiple occasions and made the QB hurry his throws... which ultimately led to a 100 yd pick-6 for Oklahoma. I did not see one run play in that game where he was pushed off the line of scrimmage...
I'll watch more if I have time, but what I have seen is extremely impressive...
yep...I have the same feeling about Phillips....kind of a tweener project to my eye.....dont see it in the first round, but would have interest if he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round...
Tweener? Between what? He has been a 3-4 NT his entire career at Oklahoma and he's almost 340 lbs... Lines up as a 0-tech almost every play...
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
HA!..
Zombo said:
I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.
Would love to hear the story behind that.
Zombo
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

-
-
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
HA!..
Zombo said:
I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.
Would love to hear the story behind that.
Zombo
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

-
Stud NT's like Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton are the heart of great 3-4 defenses. Shelton fits the bill. Rare talent and a character guy. He's a physical freak who loves taking on double teams. He'll stuff the run and keep QB's from stepping up in the pocket. Every shitty defense ever is soft in the middle.
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
HA!..
Zombo said:
I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.
Would love to hear the story behind that.
Zombo
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

HA!..
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
-
HA!..
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
mine was this guy: fire marshall bill.

-
Let me tell you chomting.
-
In Livning Color did a show during halftime of the Redskins-Bills Super Bowl that was better than any halftime show ever.
-
HA!..
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
-
Patrice O'Neal was the best comic ever.
-
You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login

