Trade up for Danny Shelton
-
You should go watch some film on the two I've bolded. You will be seriously disappointed.
I only watched Phillips play against Tennessee, and I saw a NT dominate an entire game. He was so disruptive early in the game, he forced the Vols to double and triple team him which made for an easy day for the rest of the D. When they tried to single him, I watched him force pressure on multiple occasions and made the QB hurry his throws... which ultimately led to a 100 yd pick-6 for Oklahoma. I did not see one run play in that game where he was pushed off the line of scrimmage...
I'll watch more if I have time, but what I have seen is extremely impressive...
yep...I have the same feeling about Phillips....kind of a tweener project to my eye.....dont see it in the first round, but would have interest if he falls to the 2nd or 3rd round...
Tweener? Between what? He has been a 3-4 NT his entire career at Oklahoma and he's almost 340 lbs... Lines up as a 0-tech almost every play...
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
HA!..
Zombo said:
I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.
Would love to hear the story behind that.
Zombo
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
HA!..
Zombo said:
I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.
Would love to hear the story behind that.
Zombo
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

-
Stud NT's like Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton are the heart of great 3-4 defenses. Shelton fits the bill. Rare talent and a character guy. He's a physical freak who loves taking on double teams. He'll stuff the run and keep QB's from stepping up in the pocket. Every shitty defense ever is soft in the middle.
-
mudfly: that avatar kills me.
don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.
HA!..
Zombo said:
I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.
Would love to hear the story behind that.
Zombo
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

HA!..
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
-
HA!..
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
mine was this guy: fire marshall bill.

-
Let me tell you chomting.
-
In Livning Color did a show during halftime of the Redskins-Bills Super Bowl that was better than any halftime show ever.
-
HA!..
Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....
I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....

OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.
Mike
-
Patrice O'Neal was the best comic ever.
-
You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.
-
You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.
You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.
first off get it right. they traded down and chose gilbert. they traded up to get manziel.
-
The point is that Shelton is the premier, run-stuffing DT/NT in the draft. The only question is how big the drop is to the 2nd best. If you happen to think it's big enough, then a trade up should be considered.
When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.
-
No trading up. Farmer needs to do his job, evaluate talent, and add as many quality players as he can. This team needs depth not a jersey seller.
-
The point is that Shelton is the premier, run-stuffing DT/NT in the draft. The only question is how big the drop is to the 2nd best. If you happen to think it's big enough, then a trade up should be considered.
When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.
When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.
And that's a fairly short list this year(true elites)....while it seems that level 2 players are very deep.......to me, mid first round and mid 2nd feel about the same....
I have 7 players I like at 12.....if they're not there, then Im open to offers....but at 19, there are no more stand outs than there are at 25 or 30....it's just kind of blah......
so trade back seems like the smart thing to do this year if a good opportunity is presented(or even to load one up for next year, cause some QB's will be there in "16)
-
Recent mocks have Shelton going to the Redskins. They've been soft up the middle for years. He'll transform that defense if the Browns don't act. It's an affordable move up.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login

