Skip to content

Trade up for Danny Shelton

The Browns Board
70 24 3.5k
  • mudfly: that avatar kills me.

    don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @miktoxic said:

    mudfly: that avatar kills me.

    don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.

    I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.

    Would love to hear the story behind that.

    Zombo

  • mudfly: that avatar kills me.

    don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @miktoxic said:

    mudfly: that avatar kills me.

    don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.

    HA!..

    Zombo said:

    I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.

    Would love to hear the story behind that.

    Zombo

    Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....

    I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....πŸ˜‰

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Shelton, Brown or FA's T. Knighton from Denver or N. Fairley from Det. Youth or NFL Ready???

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
    #24

    MTIwNjA4NjM4ODY4ODgyOTU2.jpg

    I think I just found my next hat....

  • @miktoxic said:

    mudfly: that avatar kills me.

    don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.

    HA!..

    Zombo said:

    I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.

    Would love to hear the story behind that.

    Zombo

    Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....

    I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....πŸ˜‰

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @mudfly said:

    HA!..

    Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....

    I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit.... πŸ˜‰

    Two Snaps

    hqdefault.jpg

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Stud NT's like Vince Wilfork and Casey Hampton are the heart of great 3-4 defenses. Shelton fits the bill. Rare talent and a character guy. He's a physical freak who loves taking on double teams. He'll stuff the run and keep QB's from stepping up in the pocket. Every shitty defense ever is soft in the middle.

  • @miktoxic said:

    mudfly: that avatar kills me.

    don't know if it's a personal pic or some screenshot from a tarantino movie.

    HA!..

    Zombo said:

    I believe it is Donte Whitner and somebody photoshopped a little hat on him.

    Would love to hear the story behind that.

    Zombo

    Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....

    I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit....πŸ˜‰

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mudfly said:

    HA!..

    Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....

    I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit.... πŸ˜‰

    OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.

    Mike

  • @mudfly said:

    HA!..

    Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....

    I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit.... πŸ˜‰

    OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.

    Mike

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @canton-mike said:

    OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.

    Mike

    mine was this guy: fire marshall bill.

    Fire_Marshall_Bill_by_Kaotik1302.jpg

  • ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Let me tell you chomting.

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by
    #30

    In Livning Color did a show during halftime of the Redskins-Bills Super Bowl that was better than any halftime show ever.

  • @mudfly said:

    HA!..

    Yep..it's Donte and I added the hat....my little play on an old Wayans brothers skit from back in the day(In Living Color)....

    I love his tough guy image, but thought the hat would lighten his loafers a bit.... πŸ˜‰

    OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.

    Mike

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @canton-mike said:

    OMG! Everytime I look at your avatar I think of "In Living Color" & the guy with the hat, but my fave on tthat show was Anton.

    Mike

    Ha!.....then it worked.....πŸ˜‰

    @miktoxic said:

    mine was this guy: fire marshall bill.

    Fire_Marshall_Bill_by_Kaotik1302.jpg

    Hilarious......kakakaka

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Patrice O'Neal was the best comic ever.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.

  • You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @opal312 said:

    You mean the way we acquired Justin Gilbert? If Shelton is gone by #12 there's alternatives without trading up again. Eddie Goldman, Denzel Perryman, Kevin White, Andreas Peat, Devon Smith, Jaelen Strong to name a few. What is this infatuation in Cleveland with trading up? It's never worked and that's why winning organizations never do.

    first off get it right. they traded down and chose gilbert. they traded up to get manziel.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    The point is that Shelton is the premier, run-stuffing DT/NT in the draft. The only question is how big the drop is to the 2nd best. If you happen to think it's big enough, then a trade up should be considered.

    When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #36

    No trading up. Farmer needs to do his job, evaluate talent, and add as many quality players as he can. This team needs depth not a jersey seller.

  • The point is that Shelton is the premier, run-stuffing DT/NT in the draft. The only question is how big the drop is to the 2nd best. If you happen to think it's big enough, then a trade up should be considered.

    When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @tour2ma said:

    When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.

    And that's a fairly short list this year(true elites)....while it seems that level 2 players are very deep.......to me, mid first round and mid 2nd feel about the same....

    I have 7 players I like at 12.....if they're not there, then Im open to offers....but at 19, there are no more stand outs than there are at 25 or 30....it's just kind of blah......

    so trade back seems like the smart thing to do this year if a good opportunity is presented(or even to load one up for next year, cause some QB's will be there in "16)

  • S SkippinTurtles wrote on last edited by SkippinTurtles
    #38

    Recent mocks have Shelton going to the Redskins. They've been soft up the middle for years. He'll transform that defense if the Browns don't act. It's an affordable move up.

  • @tour2ma said:

    When the list of "elite" players in the 2105 draft is finalized, I think Shelton's name will be on it.

    And that's a fairly short list this year(true elites)....while it seems that level 2 players are very deep.......to me, mid first round and mid 2nd feel about the same....

    I have 7 players I like at 12.....if they're not there, then Im open to offers....but at 19, there are no more stand outs than there are at 25 or 30....it's just kind of blah......

    so trade back seems like the smart thing to do this year if a good opportunity is presented(or even to load one up for next year, cause some QB's will be there in "16)

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @mudfly said:

    And that's a fairly short list this year(true elites)....while it seems that level 2 players are very deep.......to me, mid first round and mid 2nd feel about the same....

    I have 7 players I like at 12.....if they're not there, then Im open to offers....but at 19, there are no more stand outs than there are at 25 or 30....it's just kind of blah......

    so trade back seems like the smart thing to do this year if a good opportunity is presented(or even to load one up for next year, cause some QB's will be there in "16)

    You are dead on Mud. It's nonsense, but Farmer may cost us a pick (Textgate). Get that value back, by trading back if possible. But you never trade back if you can upgrade ANY position or Depth upgrade at ANY position, and that has been a serious issue for us in Drafting. Farmer can nail FA's, but we need to nail this draft also...

  • Recent mocks have Shelton going to the Redskins. They've been soft up the middle for years. He'll transform that defense if the Browns don't act. It's an affordable move up.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #40

    @skippinturtles said:

    Recent mocks have Shelton going to the Redskins. They've been soft up the middle for years. He'll transform that defense if the Browns don't act. It's an affordable move up.

    And if they don't take him he never gets past Chicago. The Browns say they are going for D this year. Who can they expect to be there that should go at 12 but before 19? And who are they willing to take on D at 19 that may not drop further for us to drop back to? Those are the key questions if you do not want to trade up.