What was the hurry (motive) in signing Josh McCown?
-
I think the Browns just wanted a guy that will help the QB room. And Hoyer was more interested with himself being the starter. Which I don't blame him
To me this reeks of all in on Johnny and hopefully it works out. I have SERIOUS doubts it will though
-
-
I'm not a psychologist but I wonder if telling our fist rounders of last year "look, we've given you a year to adjust to the NFL. We know you have tremendous talent and it's now make it or break it time. You have the offseason and preseason to get ready. We would like you to start at least the first three games of 2015 unless we cut you before the season begins. But If you don't demonstrate that you can "play like a Brown", it will be in front of NFL audience and then we will cut you off the team and your NFL dreams would be over. That would scare me enough to give my undivided attention and 100% effort. Thoughts?
-
I like everything I have seen and read about Mike Pettine both before he came to Cleveland and now one year into being our HC. I see the players responding to his philosophy. In the short time I have seen Pet I have not seen a better motivator or leader anywhere in the league.
-
i don't see this as being 'all-in' on manziel at all. i see it as an insurance policy. to bridge a gap.
who really thinks that they told mccown that he was going to be a backup to manziel or shaw? that's flippin hilarious!
one is a prospect and the other can't even keep his nose clean (literally).
no. mccown is here to start and mentor who ever the browns want him to mentor from someone we already have or someone we plan on drafting. i highly doubt though, that they did this as an 'all-in' move FOR manziel. remember they had faith in gordon and look where that got them. i'm sure everyone in the org has learned a big fat juicy lesson from that nonsense.
-
It's good.
The drama was killing Hoyer and I don't know if anyone could put up with another year of fans calling for Johnny, ect.
He's moved on, and we got a mentor for all of our young QB's to learn from.
Connor Shaw, Johnny Manziel, and maybe even Brett Hundley or Cardale Jones next year if we find a way to get him.
I'm excited, although I would of been more stoked to trade for Derek Anderson and hire Bernie as our QB's coach
-
Jesus, 3 differnent threads about a back up.
-
Jesus, 3 differnent threads about a back up.
Jesus, 3 differnent threads about a back up.
and you should see how many there are for his backup......
-
i don't see this as being 'all-in' on manziel at all. i see it as an insurance policy. to bridge a gap.
who really thinks that they told mccown that he was going to be a backup to manziel or shaw? that's flippin hilarious!
one is a prospect and the other can't even keep his nose clean (literally).
no. mccown is here to start and mentor who ever the browns want him to mentor from someone we already have or someone we plan on drafting. i highly doubt though, that they did this as an 'all-in' move FOR manziel. remember they had faith in gordon and look where that got them. i'm sure everyone in the org has learned a big fat juicy lesson from that nonsense.
LMAO...
mccown is here to start and mentor who ever the browns want him to mentor from someone we already have or someone we plan on drafting. i highly doubt though, that they did this as an 'all-in' move FOR manziel.
Add that we all know what Pet thinks about starting a rookie QB and the upcoming draft is addressed.
And for all intensive purposes Manziel and Shaw are both still rookies. The latter never got reps until Week 16 and the former pissed away his year.
-
Jesus, 3 differnent threads about a back up.
and you should see how many there are for his backup......
-
Why not just suit up O'Connell?
-
Why not just suit up O'Connell?
Why not just suit up O'Connell?
That's funny. As soon as I saw his age, I expected someone to suggest that very thing.
Mike
-
He truly would be a player coach.
-
-
I'd like to kick the tires on Alex Taney. The guy can hit a wr sitting in the back of a pickup doing 40mph from 60+ yds away.
-
and isn't Thigpen still on the roster?
WSS
-
-
He truly would be a player coach.
He truly would be a player coach.
Who was the last NFL player-coach?
Last player-coach I can remember in Cleveland was Lenny Wilkins. Before that Frank Robinson...
Need to fire up the Gip-signal...
-
He did good in Chicago
-
Despite what people on this board say he's a solid back-up level talent in the NFL and about the top of the FA QB's this year. It's obvious Hoyer wasn't in play, and signing McCown at least gives the team a QB to trot out there if Manziel doesn't pan out and we are bridging the gap.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login