Skip to content

2015 Browns Board Draft

The Browns Board
956 26 32.3k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Good choice by the 49ers...

    With the 16th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Houston Texans select:

    DaVante Parker WR Lousiville... nice meeting of need and BPA.

    And now over to me and the San Diego Chargers...

    That was my prediction. They need to replace Andre Johnson.

    @the-gipper said:

    That was my prediction. They need to replace Andre Johnson.

    Since I pretty muich posted my intention on the prior page, I can't give you any Nostradamus points...

    @thenew23 said:

    Thanks... you took both of my guys back-to-back... way to screw over the Browns... jerk lol

    I resemble that remark... 😛

    Parker is simply a great fit for the Texans and a value pick at #16.

    While there were other need options for the Chargers at #17 that gave me pause, there are really good Round 2 options in those other positions. Whereas Dupree is IMO the last of the really good, big, sack-happy OLBs.

    @mudfly said:

    THIS is why it's hard to be Ray Farmer.....tough pick......(I trade down).....(again)

    Yup... #19 is in no man's land.

    And while I like Brown at 12 and he's a solid prospect, compared to Shelton he just feels "reach-ish".

  • I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

  • With the 17th pick the San Diego Chargers select:

    Alvin Dupree OLB Kentucky

    KC is on the clock....

    @tour2ma said:

    With the 17th pick the San Diego Chargers select:

    Alvin Dupree OLB Kentucky

    KC is on the clock....

    Dammit Tour that's the one I wanted the Browns to take!

    new23-JM thanks you. Me too. Good pick.

  • I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

    @thenew23 said:

    I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

    I feel your pain... I have made the exact same pick on a couple occasions in the draft sims... even FirstPick when no team proposed a trade for #19.

    The only others that would have tempted me would have been Kendricks and Harold, and both are much bigger reaches at 19.

    You did about as well as you could given how the picks fell.

  • @thenew23 said:

    I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

    I feel your pain... I have made the exact same pick on a couple occasions in the draft sims... even FirstPick when no team proposed a trade for #19.

    The only others that would have tempted me would have been Kendricks and Harold, and both are much bigger reaches at 19.

    You did about as well as you could given how the picks fell.

    @tour2ma said:

    You did about as well as you could given how the picks fell.

    Translation: "I screwed you over with my picks. Ha Ha Ha!!" 😛 😛

  • Like the pick. You never pass on a starting OL, ask Dallas. Pick 19 is a no man's land pick for us and BPA may be it..

  • ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?

  • ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?

    @miktoxic said:

    ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?

    I watched Collins at the senior bowl and he was dominant. I'm still not a Peat fan.

    And The Eagles should take an OL next. I like Humphries or Fisher.

  • I think Utzie is out of time.......12 hours is it not ?

  • thenew23 needs to make the pick for him. Or Zombo if he can.

  • I dont think the hours between like 12 and 6 should count against the time limit.

  • I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

    @thenew23 said:

    I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    One of those... "Not the one you want....but still a relief to have him." type o picks....

    @miktoxic said:

    ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?

    Tour is the guy to answer this one.....OL aint my bag......though I will say OT is really deep this year(7-8 deep) and there isn't a huge difference from 1 to 2 to 5 to 7.....so in my world, there are probably several "bests", just depending on what team you're asking,.,,,

    @texasag1969 said:

    And The Eagles should take an OL next.

    If I was picking for Chipper, Id go Hundley.......

  • I dont think the hours between like 12 and 6 should count against the time limit.

    XxDaBuckeyexX said:

    I dont think the hours between like 12 and 6 should count against the time limit.

    You get 12 hours total. If you can't "sleep on it" and make your pick then don't play the game. 😆 :lol:

    Besides you should already know your pick is coming if you are checking daily. 😛

  • Just a game tape thing, mik... combination of technique and how fluid the player looked in action. Our Buckeyes dropped Fisher on my board by exposing his susceptibility to inside moves, but he's still my #4 OT.

  • thenew23 needs to make the pick for him. Or Zombo if he can.

    @texasag1969 said:

    thenew23 needs to make the pick for him. Or Zombo if he can.

    Since thenew is running the mock I'll let him pick, I am having a hard enough just doing the Saints two picks.

    I'm sure he will check in soon, if not you guys can come up with a consensus.

    Zombo

  • I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

    @thenew23 said:

    I hate this pick with a passion..., BUT I am going BPA and upgrading an important position, so deal with it.

    With the 19th pick, the Cleveland Browns select T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh...

    Top needs still include: QB, WR, Pass-rusher, and TE/H-back

    CBS had Ereck Flowers ranked higher at OT.....but it is all fungible.

  • sorry, woke up late today. I'll have a pick in the next few minutes

  • CBS Sports Ten Best available:




    1. Todd Gurley RB Georgia


    2. Jaelen Strong WR Ariz. St.


    3. Ereck Flowers OT Miami


    4. Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin


    5. Donal Green Beckman WR Oklahoma


    6. Owamagbe....-Odihigiyazuwa.... DE UCLA


    7. Cameron Irving C FSU


    8. Kevin Johnson CB Wake Forest.


    9. Arik Armstead DT Oregon


    10. Maxx Williams TE Minnesota


    10. Marcus Peters CB Washington


  • This isn't just funny anymore, it is a trend for Chip Kelly...

    With the 20th pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Arik Armstead DT/DE from... you guessed it... Oregon...

    A special talent who reminds me of JJ Watt in many ways... it was hard to pass on him for the Browns, not because he fills a need, but because he looks like he could be very disruptive as a 3-4 DE... that, plus the Oregon connection... this one was a no-brainer...

  • Next 2 picks Punter and Long Snapper