2015 Browns Board Draft
-
This isn't just funny anymore, it is a trend for Chip Kelly...
With the 20th pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Arik Armstead DT/DE from... you guessed it... Oregon...
A special talent who reminds me of JJ Watt in many ways... it was hard to pass on him for the Browns, not because he fills a need, but because he looks like he could be very disruptive as a 3-4 DE... that, plus the Oregon connection... this one was a no-brainer...
-
Next 2 picks Punter and Long Snapper
-
ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?
I watched Collins at the senior bowl and he was dominant. I'm still not a Peat fan.
And The Eagles should take an OL next. I like Humphries or Fisher.
I watched Collins at the senior bowl and he was dominant. I'm still not a Peat fan.
And The Eagles should take an OL next. I like Humphries or Fisher.
Exactly the opposite here... Collins failed to impress me in any game tape whereas Peat dominated in every one... but damn that is one odd looking body.
If OT is the position the Eagles are looking to draft, then Ereck Flowers (Miami) has to be considered as well. I have him behind Fisher, but see him rated higher in some rankings.
But the Oregon factor may make Fisher the pick...
Or maybe Armstead?
EDIT: Which I now see was the pick...
-
This isn't just funny anymore, it is a trend for Chip Kelly...
With the 20th pick, the Philadelphia Eagles select Arik Armstead DT/DE from... you guessed it... Oregon...
A special talent who reminds me of JJ Watt in many ways... it was hard to pass on him for the Browns, not because he fills a need, but because he looks like he could be very disruptive as a 3-4 DE... that, plus the Oregon connection... this one was a no-brainer...
-
now this would be just flippin crazy!
I know... and it seems like the most logical pick. Armstead looks like he could be a monster in a 3-4 front. His only knock is his lack of production (meaning stats) during college. Put his talent along with some NFL D-line coaches and you could have a steal at 20. I read months ago that Pettine really liked Armstead because he is such a special talent. My only concerns were 1. we have like 6 DEs on our roster and 2. he could just as easily end up not really producing in the NFL for reasons unknown to me... I'm not sure the Browns are at the point of taking that 1st round risk again this year; however, Chip Kelly doesn't seem like a guy you could convince NOT to take a risk, especially if it involves a former Duck...
-
now this would be just flippin crazy!
I know... and it seems like the most logical pick. Armstead looks like he could be a monster in a 3-4 front. His only knock is his lack of production (meaning stats) during college. Put his talent along with some NFL D-line coaches and you could have a steal at 20. I read months ago that Pettine really liked Armstead because he is such a special talent. My only concerns were 1. we have like 6 DEs on our roster and 2. he could just as easily end up not really producing in the NFL for reasons unknown to me... I'm not sure the Browns are at the point of taking that 1st round risk again this year; however, Chip Kelly doesn't seem like a guy you could convince NOT to take a risk, especially if it involves a former Duck...
I know... and it seems like the most logical pick. Armstead looks like he could be a monster in a 3-4 front. His only knock is his lack of production (meaning stats) during college. Put his talent along with some NFL D-line coaches and you could have a steal at 20. I read months ago that Pettine really liked Armstead because he is such a special talent. My only concerns were 1. we have like 6 DEs on our roster and 2. he could just as easily end up not really producing in the NFL for reasons unknown to me... I'm not sure the Browns are at the point of taking that 1st round risk again this year; however, Chip Kelly doesn't seem like a guy you could convince NOT to take a risk, especially if it involves a former Duck...
I think it fits both ways. Even if he weren't from Oregon I think he would have to be under consideration by the Eagles....and the fact that he is from there simply seals the deal.
-
now this would be just flippin crazy!
I know... and it seems like the most logical pick. Armstead looks like he could be a monster in a 3-4 front. His only knock is his lack of production (meaning stats) during college. Put his talent along with some NFL D-line coaches and you could have a steal at 20. I read months ago that Pettine really liked Armstead because he is such a special talent. My only concerns were 1. we have like 6 DEs on our roster and 2. he could just as easily end up not really producing in the NFL for reasons unknown to me... I'm not sure the Browns are at the point of taking that 1st round risk again this year; however, Chip Kelly doesn't seem like a guy you could convince NOT to take a risk, especially if it involves a former Duck...
-
off topic but there should be a whoopie prize for the person who picks most correctly for their given team.
how many rounds is this going into?
i mean i got a kosar rookie card now worth .79 cents...i'll throw that into the hat. lol.
-
.79 cents? How does that work, do you get some of those scissors that can cut a penny and trim off .21 cents?
-
off topic but there should be a whoopie prize for the person who picks most correctly for their given team.
how many rounds is this going into?
i mean i got a kosar rookie card now worth .79 cents...i'll throw that into the hat. lol.
off topic but there should be a whoopie prize for the person who picks most correctly for their given team.
how many rounds is this going into?
i mean i got a kosar rookie card now worth .79 cents...i'll throw that into the hat. lol.
We got to 4th round last year and started much later...we might get 7 in

-
off topic but there should be a whoopie prize for the person who picks most correctly for their given team.
how many rounds is this going into?
i mean i got a kosar rookie card now worth .79 cents...i'll throw that into the hat. lol.
-
or whenever I get sick of updating it... which unfortunately will probably never happen... lol
-
.79 cents? How does that work, do you get some of those scissors that can cut a penny and trim off .21 cents?
.79 cents? How does that work, do you get some of those scissors that can cut a penny and trim off .21 cents?
xacto blades on the chocolate filled kreugerrands, bro. lol.
rounding up to the dollar went out the window with the likes of madoff. .21 cents x 500 k = ???????
i'd buy that for a dollar.
-
The Bengals seem to be leaning in multiple directions. Defense is the priority, unless you count some of their fanbase screaming for a replacement for Dalton. So....
With the 21st pick in the draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select Eddie Goldman DT Florida State.
-
Steelers on the clock
Who are the best rated long snappers in this years draft ?
-
Steelers on the clock
Who are the best rated long snappers in this years draft ?
She is
-
ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?
Mik since I picked Peat for the 49ers I'll say that a recent trend is Stanford players have done well in the NFL and my own bias is the Stanford players are the educational elite of college football so they should be easy to "coach up"ok i get the inside jokes and all but can tour or mudfly tell me why peat or collins rates out better than fisher from oregon? what i saw from the combine in skills tests was peat was gassed and fisher was solid. where's the huge diff? browns could pick another DL and go into the 2nd round for QB and still get a solid OL in the 3rd?
-
"... if a guy truly doesn't want to be part of the organization, then I wasn't going to sit and waste a lot of time on it. I didn't need to go through 32 points or whatever it was." - Mike Pettine on Kyle Shanahan quiting
Love that quote by the way...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login