2015 Browns Board Draft
-
Browns Board Mock Picked Player List
Updated 4/24/15 @ 19:00 CDT thru 7.01.
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32178&do=findComment&comment=482513
-
cbbacker said:
Sorry bud, most of what you posted is a blatant lie. It's opinion on where you think he finished as the rookie wr... and you can have it, I disagree. Also they didn't give us 3 picks, they gave us 2 picks, we swapped the other. If i give you a quarter, and you give me a quarter, you don't have 2 quarters, you only have 1. If I give you a quarter, and you give me a quarter, nickel and penny, I have gained a nickel and penny, not all 3. understand?
There isn't any site out there rating Sammy low like you said. I guess there might be a Joe Blow.draft.com that says he was bad. Nobody of merit agrees with that statement.
Hip surgery? Really? So no one has surgeries ever? lol.
And yes, Gilbert was beyond bad, so bad that some of the media thought they would cut him. I never said he couldn't improve. I said he was absolutely horrible last year, and he was. He was so bad, he didn't even play until injuries forced him in last year in the 2nd half of the season. He was benched by a guy who wasn't even drafted in k'waun Williams. Yes that is beyond bad. But you are right, he could get better. I never said he couldn't.
Blatant lie?.....we gave them 1 pick, they gave us three.....my point was that we have 2 picks in this years draft that came from Buffalo....not just the one, as you had said.....
NFL.com has Sammy at #45 based on catches or #24 based on yards.....and that site that you claim to be Joeblow.com is actually PFF, which is pretty much the standard.....and he was #13 rookie....and #79 overall in the NFL.....
And Gilbert was nowhere close to being cut. He played the whole season, not just the second half. Who do you think got injured that suddenly allowed him to play?......and he only scored poorly his first 2 games......then, each progressive game, he got better and better.....have you even watched him play?....have you watch the all-22's?...cause you'd need to see them to actually grade his performance.....I have, btw.....and against Jax and Oak, he was completely shut down(92 snaps without giving anything up)....in fact, those 2 games he was EASILY the best CB on the field(maybe you didnt notice him because there were no plays on his side of the field?)....and he graded out on the plus side in 6 out of the last 8 games he played.....which shows HUGE improvement thru the season....so where is the suckage?.....which games?......what did he do poorly?.....what passes did he give up?.....how many TD's did he allow?.....cause you cant answer these, while still saying he sucked.....
And Kwan was simply the #1 rated rookie slot CB in the league....which makes Skrine the one who started ahead of Gilbert. Not Williams.
So....if you actually have some facts to support your argument...fine, Im waiting......but if it's just you blowing steam, without actually watching the tape or having facts to back it, then.....whatever.....
In summary:
1) Buffalo gave us 3 picks in exchange for our 1 pick....we will pick 2 players this year using Buffalo picks
2) Gilbert played 14 out of 16 games....not just the second half
3) Gilbert played because Pettine wanted him in the game, not because "someone" was injured
4) Skrine started ahead of Gilbert, not Williams
5) Sammy Watkins was nowhere near the best rookie WR this year and EVERY rating service in the land agrees
6) Your right....hip surgery is a very good thing for speedy guys and should be of no concern when your star rookie needs it....
So, you call my post full of blantat lies, then post a bunch of nonsense with no basis?
You need to learn to read.
In summary:
1) Buffalo gave us 3 picks in exchange for our 1 pick....we will pick 2 players this year using Buffalo picks
I said we got 2 first round picks stupid. I never said we didn't get a 4. I was refering to the 1's. Sorry you couldn't follow.
2) Gilbert played 14 out of 16 games....not just the second half
Again you misread what I wrote, I said he played sparingly except when we had injuries in the second half. yes he played in 14 games, but that means he might have only played 1 play. He was benched for most of the 2nd half. Clearly you didn't watch the games.
3) Gilbert played because Pettine wanted him in the game, not because "someone" was injured
Joe Haden didn't get hurt and miss time this year? Skrine didn't get hurt later in the year? Nice lie.
4) Skrine started ahead of Gilbert, not Williams
WRONG I said Williams started over Gilbert, and he did. Skrine did start at the other corner, but Williams was our 3, I just mispoke. Sorry you coudln't understand. You said you watched the games, how did you miss this?
5) Sammy Watkins was nowhere near the best rookie WR this year and EVERY rating service in the land agrees
Never said he was, but you cannot read, so I expect stupid remarks like this. All I said was is he had a successful year for a rookie, I never said he was the best. Learn to read.
6) Your right....hip surgery is a very good thing for speedy guys and should be of no concern when your star rookie needs it....
So you think nobody ever comes back from routine hip surgeries? I guess nobody comes back from knee scopes, shoulder scopes, and many other routine surgeries. Good one!!
So, you call my post full of blantat lies, then post a bunch of nonsense with no basis?
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. LOL.
-
You need to learn to read.
In summary:
1) Buffalo gave us 3 picks in exchange for our 1 pick....we will pick 2 players this year using Buffalo picks
I said we got 2 first round picks stupid. I never said we didn't get a 4. I was refering to the 1's. Sorry you couldn't follow.
2) Gilbert played 14 out of 16 games....not just the second half
Again you misread what I wrote, I said he played sparingly except when we had injuries in the second half. yes he played in 14 games, but that means he might have only played 1 play. He was benched for most of the 2nd half. Clearly you didn't watch the games.
3) Gilbert played because Pettine wanted him in the game, not because "someone" was injured
Joe Haden didn't get hurt and miss time this year? Skrine didn't get hurt later in the year? Nice lie.
4) Skrine started ahead of Gilbert, not Williams
WRONG I said Williams started over Gilbert, and he did. Skrine did start at the other corner, but Williams was our 3, I just mispoke. Sorry you coudln't understand. You said you watched the games, how did you miss this?
5) Sammy Watkins was nowhere near the best rookie WR this year and EVERY rating service in the land agrees
Never said he was, but you cannot read, so I expect stupid remarks like this. All I said was is he had a successful year for a rookie, I never said he was the best. Learn to read.
6) Your right....hip surgery is a very good thing for speedy guys and should be of no concern when your star rookie needs it....
So you think nobody ever comes back from routine hip surgeries? I guess nobody comes back from knee scopes, shoulder scopes, and many other routine surgeries. Good one!!
So, you call my post full of blantat lies, then post a bunch of nonsense with no basis?
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. LOL.
cbbacker said:
You need to learn to read.
In summary:
1) Buffalo gave us 3 picks in exchange for our 1 pick....we will pick 2 players this year using Buffalo picks
I said we got 2 first round picks stupid. I never said we didn't get a 4. I was refering to the 1's. Sorry you couldn't follow.
I followed....read back dimwit.....I said they gave us 3 picks and you went on some rant about trading quarters.....simple as that.....
2) Gilbert played 14 out of 16 games....not just the second half
Again you misread what I wrote, I said he played sparingly except when we had injuries in the second half. yes he played in 14 games, but that means he might have only played 1 play. He was benched for most of the 2nd half. Clearly you didn't watch the games.
No...you said>>> " He was so bad, he didn't even play until injuries forced him in last year in the 2nd half of the season"<<<(your words).....I watched every game about 6 times now, mostly using all 22 coaches view......and Gilbert played almost 400 snaps(3rd most for CB on the Browns)...did you know that?.....so, again, I didnt misread anything and he played pretty much the same amount the first half season as the second half(actually a bit more)....so, right again....sorry
3) Gilbert played because Pettine wanted him in the game, not because "someone" was injured
Joe Haden didn't get hurt and miss time this year? Skrine didn't get hurt later in the year? Nice lie.
See...you keep calling me a liar(are you 12 yrs old or something?)....look....Skine played every single game and didnt get hurt. Haden missed only week 16 and Desir started that one. So not one injury start for Gilbert.
Which means....again....me = facts......you?....no so much...
4) Skrine started ahead of Gilbert, not Williams
WRONG I said Williams started over Gilbert, and he did. Skrine did start at the other corner, but Williams was our 3, I just mispoke. Sorry you coudln't understand. You said you watched the games, how did you miss this?
Obviously you dont understand the difference between a RCB and a SCB or a LCB.......Skrine and Gilbert play outside......Williams plays inside......so Gilbert(who is an outside CB) played behind Skrine.......and Williams(who is a slot CB) started in the slot.......Had Gilbert earned the starting position, it would have been skrines spot , not Kwans.....
So....again.....me right you wrong...(learn your positions before you look dumber)
5) Sammy Watkins was nowhere near the best rookie WR this year and EVERY rating service in the land agrees
Never said he was, but you cannot read, so I expect stupid remarks like this. All I said was is he had a successful year for a rookie, I never said he was the best. Learn to read.
Correct...and you should try reading too, because I never said you said that....I simply said he wasn't even the best in the draft and, therefore, not worth 2 firsts and a 4th round pick....
and you didnt say he was successful, you said it was clear that he would have helped this team more than #19 and Gilbert and then you said Gilbert was so bad we almost cut him and on and on.....I simply stated I disagreed and offered solid reasons that Gilbert didnt suck as bad as you claimed and some solid reasons that Sammy shouldnt be worth 2 number 1 picks and a 4th......and some solid reasons that Gilbert, plus #19, PLUS a 4th might add up to more than a damaged sammy who performed well below expectations.....
6) Your right....hip surgery is a very good thing for speedy guys and should be of no concern when your star rookie needs it....
So you think nobody ever comes back from routine hip surgeries? I guess nobody comes back from knee scopes, shoulder scopes, and many other routine surgeries. Good one!!
Wow....you put an awful lot of words in my mouth(why dont you try reading,,,,,and comprehending)....cause I didnt say that either......i simply said he had surgery on his hip and thats not what you want with a star rookie receiver.....
So, you call my post full of blantat lies, then post a bunch of nonsense with no basis?
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. LOL.
No...it's not.....I back what I say, while you miss the mark on just about everything....then defend yourself with wild accusations and by calling me names......did I kill your puppy or something?
again....everything Ive said is easily researched......just gotta have the smarts to do it.....
Im out......not worth any more effort on this one....
-
redskins will take wr goodley from baylor
-
sorryyou all switching jobs and been busy as of late.
-
darren15-you need to remake your choice for the jags - taken in the 4th rd.
Then make your two current jets picks.
-
Jags select
Tyeler Davison DT Fresno St
Davison's measurements during the NFL Combine displayed his lower-body explosion, quick change of direction and upper-body power, finishing in the top-five in the vertical jump, 20-yard shuttle and bench press.
While not generating a lot of national recognition during the draft process, Davison has been a popular player among teams. Davison visited with the New Orleans Saints and Arizona Cardinals, a source told FOXSports.com. Davison has also worked out for the Houston Texans and Miami Dolphins.
-
New York Jets select ... 2 picks in a row
Josh Robinson RB ...Miss St
RB: Josh Robinson, Mississippi State. Quarterback Dak Prescott got all the attention for the emergence of Mississippi State's offense last year, but Robinson -- nicknamed Bowling Ball --deserved a lot more credit for his stellar season. Sure, Prescott's power running and play-action passing opened up holes for Robinson, but he also made a lot of things happen by himself, using his combination of power, balance and nifty feet. Is he ever going to be a featured runner? Probably not. But he averaged 6.3 yards per carry and caught 28 passes last year, making him a versatile asset, despite his unique frame (5-foot-8, 215 pounds).
Then
Titus Davis WR Central MIchigan
Evaluators and teams might focus on Davis' lack of speed, but his ability to win with his routes should not be undersold. Davis has excellent ball skills and foot quickness and could be a terrific fit for a West Coast offense looking for an outside receiver who can make plays near the goal line.
-
cbbacker said:
You need to learn to read.
In summary:
1) Buffalo gave us 3 picks in exchange for our 1 pick....we will pick 2 players this year using Buffalo picks
I said we got 2 first round picks stupid. I never said we didn't get a 4. I was refering to the 1's. Sorry you couldn't follow.
I followed....read back dimwit.....I said they gave us 3 picks and you went on some rant about trading quarters.....simple as that.....
2) Gilbert played 14 out of 16 games....not just the second half
Again you misread what I wrote, I said he played sparingly except when we had injuries in the second half. yes he played in 14 games, but that means he might have only played 1 play. He was benched for most of the 2nd half. Clearly you didn't watch the games.
No...you said>>> " He was so bad, he didn't even play until injuries forced him in last year in the 2nd half of the season"<<<(your words).....I watched every game about 6 times now, mostly using all 22 coaches view......and Gilbert played almost 400 snaps(3rd most for CB on the Browns)...did you know that?.....so, again, I didnt misread anything and he played pretty much the same amount the first half season as the second half(actually a bit more)....so, right again....sorry
3) Gilbert played because Pettine wanted him in the game, not because "someone" was injured
Joe Haden didn't get hurt and miss time this year? Skrine didn't get hurt later in the year? Nice lie.
See...you keep calling me a liar(are you 12 yrs old or something?)....look....Skine played every single game and didnt get hurt. Haden missed only week 16 and Desir started that one. So not one injury start for Gilbert.
Which means....again....me = facts......you?....no so much...
4) Skrine started ahead of Gilbert, not Williams
WRONG I said Williams started over Gilbert, and he did. Skrine did start at the other corner, but Williams was our 3, I just mispoke. Sorry you coudln't understand. You said you watched the games, how did you miss this?
Obviously you dont understand the difference between a RCB and a SCB or a LCB.......Skrine and Gilbert play outside......Williams plays inside......so Gilbert(who is an outside CB) played behind Skrine.......and Williams(who is a slot CB) started in the slot.......Had Gilbert earned the starting position, it would have been skrines spot , not Kwans.....
So....again.....me right you wrong...(learn your positions before you look dumber)
5) Sammy Watkins was nowhere near the best rookie WR this year and EVERY rating service in the land agrees
Never said he was, but you cannot read, so I expect stupid remarks like this. All I said was is he had a successful year for a rookie, I never said he was the best. Learn to read.
Correct...and you should try reading too, because I never said you said that....I simply said he wasn't even the best in the draft and, therefore, not worth 2 firsts and a 4th round pick....
and you didnt say he was successful, you said it was clear that he would have helped this team more than #19 and Gilbert and then you said Gilbert was so bad we almost cut him and on and on.....I simply stated I disagreed and offered solid reasons that Gilbert didnt suck as bad as you claimed and some solid reasons that Sammy shouldnt be worth 2 number 1 picks and a 4th......and some solid reasons that Gilbert, plus #19, PLUS a 4th might add up to more than a damaged sammy who performed well below expectations.....
6) Your right....hip surgery is a very good thing for speedy guys and should be of no concern when your star rookie needs it....
So you think nobody ever comes back from routine hip surgeries? I guess nobody comes back from knee scopes, shoulder scopes, and many other routine surgeries. Good one!!
Wow....you put an awful lot of words in my mouth(why dont you try reading,,,,,and comprehending)....cause I didnt say that either......i simply said he had surgery on his hip and thats not what you want with a star rookie receiver.....
So, you call my post full of blantat lies, then post a bunch of nonsense with no basis?
Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black. LOL.
No...it's not.....I back what I say, while you miss the mark on just about everything....then defend yourself with wild accusations and by calling me names......did I kill your puppy or something?
again....everything Ive said is easily researched......just gotta have the smarts to do it.....
Im out......not worth any more effort on this one....
-
The Atlanta Falcons select B.J. Catalon, RB, TCU
-
Browns Board Mock Picked Player List
Updated 4/25/15 @ 09:05 CDT thru 7.08.
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32178&do=findComment&comment=482513
ConnorLangtry... son of Lillie... AKA "The Jersey Lily" is up... hopefully.
EDIT: .. and clearly he was... gftChris is on the clock.
And no fighting in the draft hall by order of Judge Roy Bean...
-
Browns Board Mock Picked Player List
Updated 4/25/15 @ 09:05 CDT thru 7.08.
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32178&do=findComment&comment=482513
ConnorLangtry... son of Lillie... AKA "The Jersey Lily" is up... hopefully.
EDIT: .. and clearly he was... gftChris is on the clock.
And no fighting in the draft hall by order of Judge Roy Bean...
-
-
5 days to get this thing done.....I check back very often so if anyone wants to give up a team let me know

-
Time is up
Giants select
Jacorey Shepherd CB ...Kansas
Message sent to next GM
-
cdl15 has not been picking lately so Rams take Tavaris Barnes Clemson DE @ #10 of the 7th rd
PM to RoyceRolls (Vikings) now on the clock
-
Time's up. Vikings can use some D line help so they take a decent sleeper DE Lynden Trail 6'7" 290 from Norfolk St. rated # 138 overall by drafttek.
Browns (thenew23) now on the clock. PM going out now.
-
Why not?
Browns select Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon St
-
Aha!! Just what the Saints need in the 7th round probably more than any prior pick. A punter who can also kick if needed! Or a kicker who can also punt if needed! They need both so Saints take Justin Manton La. - Monroe
Saints ST's really needed this guy and he will be happy to play there.
Lions are on the clock. PM to JJmac28 sent.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login