Skip to content

Combine

The Browns Board
31 10 2.1k
  • A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

  • A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

    @solon16 said:

    A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

    Here is a link to watch video of the winners at the OL position. Its on NFL.com at http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80edcb50. I would love to have Unger or Wood.

  • A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

    @solon16 said:

    A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

    I LOVE what Mayock says about Pettigrew. I think Pettigrew is the pedigree in the sense that you do NOT have to be predictable when he's on the field. When we put Winslow on the field we're not gonna set the edge with him. When we put Heiden on the field - he's a Poor Man's Pettigrew.

    NOW is the time to get exchange value for a guy like Winslow. His wear and tear factor is NOT flashing upside as the amt of seperation has decreased to the tune of MORE yellow flags on pushoffs. Don't HOMER this folks - he's not the 21 year old that came to us without surgery scars.

    We gotta change "already played his best ball" to upside; especially if the NAME of a player gets you REAL good exchange value. Winslow WAS my offensive favorite player for a while and I admired how freakin diligently he worked his tail off to get back to us as healthy as he could. When you look at his and Shockeys careers - they've missed ALOT of games to injury and their value isn't anything close to what it was. The Giants got better because the guy that replaced Shockey could block the edge better. Didn't they have TWO 1000 yard rushers in 2008 in defense of their Superbowl Championship?

    - Tom F. (I hope Kokinos does some wheeling and dealing to bring in more upside)

  • 40 Yard Dash

    Kenny Britt/Rutgers - 4.44, 4.50

    Deon Butler/Penn State - 4.28, 4.29

    Demetrius Byrd/LSU - 4.32, 4.35

    Dominique Edison/Stephen F. Austin - 4.38, 4.41

    Percy Harvin/Florida - 4.43, 4.38

    Darrius Heyward-Bey/Maryland - 4.37, 4.34

    Johnny Knox/Abilene Christian - 4.29, 4.32

    Jeremy Maclin/Missouri - 4.47, 4.42

  • I figured Maclin would run in the 4.3 range (?). At this point, mid-4.4's looks pedestrian to me. 🙂

  • A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

    @solon16 said:

    A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

    I thought Wood looked quick and agile. As long as size is adequate, I'll take quick feet any day.

  • Wow, I'm with mz the pussy, I thought Maclin would be right there with Harvin. Dude is quick though for his size.

  • McShay just said Maclin ran a 4.37 but then got hurt.

  • @solon16 said:

    A lot of Talent at the OL position today.... one of the better Ol drafts I've seen (last year being exceptional). Four guys for me that stood out were Eugene Monroe T, VA, jason smith T, baylor, Max Ungar C Oregon and Eric Wood C from Louisville...these boys will play for a long time in this league.

    I thought Wood looked quick and agile. As long as size is adequate, I'll take quick feet any day.

    @oconrecon said:

    I thought Wood looked quick and agile. As long as size is adequate, I'll take quick feet any day.

    I could not agree more....I don't claim to be the world's greatest scout or anything, but I could even clearly see a difference between Wood and Unger as opposed to the rest of the lineman. I would love to see the Browns be able to land one of these guys in the 2nd. Big, agile, and looking like those boys could flat out rip some heads off, impressive to me.

  • Unger's not a good fit for the AFC North - he gets pushed back by big nose tackles.

  • Hakeem Nicks ran a 4.49; that's good enough to go in the late 1st Round.
  • Deon Butler/Penn State - 4.28, 4.29

    He's not that great a player, but runs two sub 4.3s.

    Deon, meet Al Davis.

  • Brian Robiskie - 4.51, 4.49

    Sammie Stroughter - 4.55, 4.56

    Mike Thomas - 4.31, 4.34 very impressive

    Derrick Williams - 4.58, 4.67 very disappointing

    Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33

    Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51

    Jordan Norwood - 4.57, 4.66

    Tiquan Underwood - 4.32, 4.33

    Mike Wallace - 4.28, 4.38

    Jaison Williams - 4.69, 4.64

  • Brian Robiskie - 4.51, 4.49

    Sammie Stroughter - 4.55, 4.56

    Mike Thomas - 4.31, 4.34 very impressive

    Derrick Williams - 4.58, 4.67 very disappointing

    Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33

    Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51

    Jordan Norwood - 4.57, 4.66

    Tiquan Underwood - 4.32, 4.33

    Mike Wallace - 4.28, 4.38

    Jaison Williams - 4.69, 4.64

    Aloysius said:

    Brian Robiskie - 4.51

    Sammie Stroughter - 4.55

    Mike Thomas - 4.31 very impressive

    Derrick Williams - 4.58 very disappointing

    Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33

    Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51

    Just for some perspective to temper these 40 times...Anquan Bolden ran a 4.72.....just sayin. Also Mike thomas fro AZ ran a 4.31 and Wallace from Ole miss ran a 4.28...wow...he had a td in the senior bowl.

  • I think the big winner so far is Heyward-Bey. With his size, running that fast? He's in round one for sure now. Maybe even the first WR taken behind Crabtree.

  • Lots of speed on display. Holy cow:

    Harvin: 4.37

    Heyward-Bey: 4.32

    Murphy: 4.33

    Ogletree: 4.37

    Underwood: 4.32

    Wallace: 4.28 (Hotty Toddy)

    McKinley 4.33

    Thomas: 4.31

  • I think the big winner so far is Heyward-Bey. With his size, running that fast? He's in round one for sure now. Maybe even the first WR taken behind Crabtree.

    @heckofajobbrownie said:

    I think the big winner so far is Heyward-Bey. With his size, running that fast? He's in round one for sure now. Maybe even the first WR taken behind Crabtree.

    I agree. It's a little disconcerting that he wasn't that productive in college, but part of that can be blamed on the ridiculously inept offense he was in. Guys like Everette Brown and Robert Francois had career games ripping through Maryland's o-line.

  • Average vertical for running backs: 36"

    Rashad Jennings - 34"

    Gartrell Johnson - 34"

    Ian Johnson - 33"

    Jeremiah Johnson - 35"

    Quinn Johnson - 32"

    Anthony Kimble - 36"

    Marlon Lucky - 33.5"

    Marcus Mailei - 35"

    Knowshon Moreno - 35.5"

  • Robiskie is looking very good. So far he has shown that he has the best hands out of the receivers working out. He's probably confirmed himself as a second rounder...which means he's most likely off our radar.

  • Chris wells killed to Broad jump....don't for the life of me know wht they made him do it 5 times....it Burned him for his vertical jump...his legs were fried.