Combine
-
Unger's not a good fit for the AFC North - he gets pushed back by big nose tackles.
-
Hakeem Nicks ran a 4.49; that's good enough to go in the late 1st Round.
-
Deon Butler/Penn State - 4.28, 4.29
He's not that great a player, but runs two sub 4.3s.
Deon, meet Al Davis.
-
Brian Robiskie - 4.51, 4.49
Sammie Stroughter - 4.55, 4.56
Mike Thomas - 4.31, 4.34 very impressive
Derrick Williams - 4.58, 4.67 very disappointing
Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33
Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51
Jordan Norwood - 4.57, 4.66
Tiquan Underwood - 4.32, 4.33
Mike Wallace - 4.28, 4.38
Jaison Williams - 4.69, 4.64
-
Brian Robiskie - 4.51, 4.49
Sammie Stroughter - 4.55, 4.56
Mike Thomas - 4.31, 4.34 very impressive
Derrick Williams - 4.58, 4.67 very disappointing
Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33
Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51
Jordan Norwood - 4.57, 4.66
Tiquan Underwood - 4.32, 4.33
Mike Wallace - 4.28, 4.38
Jaison Williams - 4.69, 4.64
Aloysius said:
Brian Robiskie - 4.51Sammie Stroughter - 4.55
Mike Thomas - 4.31 very impressive
Derrick Williams - 4.58 very disappointing
Louis Murphy - 4.36, 4.33
Hakeem Nicks - 4.49, 4.51
Just for some perspective to temper these 40 times...Anquan Bolden ran a 4.72.....just sayin. Also Mike thomas fro AZ ran a 4.31 and Wallace from Ole miss ran a 4.28...wow...he had a td in the senior bowl.
-
I think the big winner so far is Heyward-Bey. With his size, running that fast? He's in round one for sure now. Maybe even the first WR taken behind Crabtree.
-
Lots of speed on display. Holy cow:
Harvin: 4.37
Heyward-Bey: 4.32
Murphy: 4.33
Ogletree: 4.37
Underwood: 4.32
Wallace: 4.28 (Hotty Toddy)
McKinley 4.33
Thomas: 4.31
-
I think the big winner so far is Heyward-Bey. With his size, running that fast? He's in round one for sure now. Maybe even the first WR taken behind Crabtree.
I think the big winner so far is Heyward-Bey. With his size, running that fast? He's in round one for sure now. Maybe even the first WR taken behind Crabtree.
I agree. It's a little disconcerting that he wasn't that productive in college, but part of that can be blamed on the ridiculously inept offense he was in. Guys like Everette Brown and Robert Francois had career games ripping through Maryland's o-line.
-
Average vertical for running backs: 36"
Rashad Jennings - 34"
Gartrell Johnson - 34"
Ian Johnson - 33"
Jeremiah Johnson - 35"
Quinn Johnson - 32"
Anthony Kimble - 36"
Marlon Lucky - 33.5"
Marcus Mailei - 35"
Knowshon Moreno - 35.5"
-
I figured Maclin would run in the 4.3 range (?). At this point, mid-4.4's looks pedestrian to me.

mz. said:
I figured Maclin would run in the 4.3 range (?). At this point, mid-4.4's looks pedestrian to me.
That's pretty freakin good for a guy with his hands and height mz the pussy. They were speaking about the Steelers staff saying this was the most impressive group of WRs in the 40 they've seen in years so being the mean of that isn't bad if you've got good hands and football skills.
I've seen Britt play and sometimes he looks REAL good and other times he has stonehands. I see a Michael Jackson type of consistency but his size is intriguing as Hell.
Nicks is a guy that's intriguing. And the commentators ALL liked Robiskie. I sort of feel good for the kid because he didn't have the best group of guys throwing him passes the last 2 years. If he goes to the right environment - he could be a steal for somebody like say a Buffalo who already has their SPEED guy in Lee Evans. They'd have 2 WRs that played high school ball in Cleveland.
- Tom F.
-
Britt's a headcase. I'd pass on him.
-
Aloysius said:
Britt's a headcase. I'd pass on him.We're on the same page. THAT was why I brought up the Michael Jackson consistency thing. I'm sick of guys dropping footballs to the volumes we've seen. Between, Northcutt and last season - we don't need another guy who struggles with consistency. Forget the 40s if they have stonehands - 1 Paul Hubbard is enough to carry.
- Tom F.
-
Whoever said Shonne Green blew up to 300 lbs....way wrong... dude looked great at 227! Ian Johnson made lots of cash today second fastest rb.
-
No RB's ran eye-opening times to me...although Moreno's 4.55 was suprising...thought he was much faster. Wells starting to grow on me more and more. Does (as someone said earlier) look like a young Jim Brown.
No RB's ran eye-opening times to me...although Moreno's 4.55 was suprising...thought he was much faster. Wells starting to grow on me more and more. Does (as someone said earlier) look like a young Jim Brown.
I'm REALLY disappointed they made ALL the RBs do all their jumps before runnning the most important 40s of their lives. Poor Beanie had to do the standign broad jump 6 consecutive times if i counted right and in the end he was #1 in that. I KNOW both he and Moreno are faster than they ran.
Like I said in another thread, Marshall Faulk said after one of the powerhouses ran a high 4.6 - "Terrell Davis told me he only ran a 4.7 at the combines." That wasn't much worse than Emmitt Smith or Earnet Byner folks. Which of those 3 players couldn't handle the NFL?
I think the 40 is important BUT like Mayock says if you're a short guy under 200 pounds (ie; Lorenzo Booker) - you better run a good 40. Guys like Beanie Wells, Greene and Moreno aren't gonna be thrilled with their 40 times BUT they'll be okay. They didn't turn into crappy football players today. They're all powerhouses with a promising future IF they can stay healthy.
When Robin Williams came to Nashville he started off talking football. Anyway, he goes "when they call some kid Beanie - you just know that's one fast mother hocker."
- Tom F.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login