Skip to content

Combine

The Browns Board
31 10 2.1k
  • Britt's a headcase. I'd pass on him.

  • Can't believe the Times Moreno ran....talk about pedestrian....first attempt was 4.63 and a 4.55. Thought he's run much faster than that...wells ran a 4,57

  • Brandon Tate a WR from UNC has injury was a dnp.... but could be a real Steal later rounds.

  • Whoever said Shonne Green blew up to 300 lbs....way wrong... dude looked great at 227! Ian Johnson made lots of cash today second fastest rb.

  • Britt's a headcase. I'd pass on him.

    Aloysius said:

    Britt's a headcase. I'd pass on him.

    We're on the same page. THAT was why I brought up the Michael Jackson consistency thing. I'm sick of guys dropping footballs to the volumes we've seen. Between, Northcutt and last season - we don't need another guy who struggles with consistency. Forget the 40s if they have stonehands - 1 Paul Hubbard is enough to carry.

    - Tom F.

  • No RB's ran eye-opening times to me...although Moreno's 4.55 was suprising...thought he was much faster. Wells starting to grow on me more and more. Does (as someone said earlier) look like a young Jim Brown.

  • Whoever said Shonne Green blew up to 300 lbs....way wrong... dude looked great at 227! Ian Johnson made lots of cash today second fastest rb.

    @solon16 said:

    Whoever said Shonne Green blew up to 300 lbs....way wrong... dude looked great at 227!

    The rumor was that he ballooned to 300 during the year he was academically ineligible to play, not sometime between the Outback Bowl and today.

  • No RB's ran eye-opening times to me...although Moreno's 4.55 was suprising...thought he was much faster. Wells starting to grow on me more and more. Does (as someone said earlier) look like a young Jim Brown.

    @solon16 said:

    No RB's ran eye-opening times to me...although Moreno's 4.55 was suprising...thought he was much faster. Wells starting to grow on me more and more. Does (as someone said earlier) look like a young Jim Brown.

    I'm REALLY disappointed they made ALL the RBs do all their jumps before runnning the most important 40s of their lives. Poor Beanie had to do the standign broad jump 6 consecutive times if i counted right and in the end he was #1 in that. I KNOW both he and Moreno are faster than they ran.

    Like I said in another thread, Marshall Faulk said after one of the powerhouses ran a high 4.6 - "Terrell Davis told me he only ran a 4.7 at the combines." That wasn't much worse than Emmitt Smith or Earnet Byner folks. Which of those 3 players couldn't handle the NFL?

    I think the 40 is important BUT like Mayock says if you're a short guy under 200 pounds (ie; Lorenzo Booker) - you better run a good 40. Guys like Beanie Wells, Greene and Moreno aren't gonna be thrilled with their 40 times BUT they'll be okay. They didn't turn into crappy football players today. They're all powerhouses with a promising future IF they can stay healthy.

    When Robin Williams came to Nashville he started off talking football. Anyway, he goes "when they call some kid Beanie - you just know that's one fast mother hocker."

    - Tom F.

  • I agree....the forties should have been the first thing they do...Beanies legs were noodles after 6 straight Broad jumps...then went right to Verticals, then 40's. I expect him to have considerable better Vert and 40 times. I have to say....I beginning to want Wells if curry is gone. I have the what if factor going through my mind all week about him....can we pass on ANOTHER LT and AP...he doesn't have their speed but damn the dude plays big in big games. That is HUGE for me...he dominated Michigan the whole time he played for the Bucks and turns out he played two years ago with a Broken wrist against the team up north. 😍

    Wouldn't you love to watch him do it to Pitt?

  • I agree....the forties should have been the first thing they do...Beanies legs were noodles after 6 straight Broad jumps...then went right to Verticals, then 40's. I expect him to have considerable better Vert and 40 times. I have to say....I beginning to want Wells if curry is gone. I have the what if factor going through my mind all week about him....can we pass on ANOTHER LT and AP...he doesn't have their speed but damn the dude plays big in big games. That is HUGE for me...he dominated Michigan the whole time he played for the Bucks and turns out he played two years ago with a Broken wrist against the team up north. 😍

    Wouldn't you love to watch him do it to Pitt?

    @solon16 said:

    I agree....the forties should have been the first thing they do...Beanies legs were noodles after 6 straight Broad jumps...then went right to Verticals, then 40's. I expect him to have considerable better Vert and 40 times. I have to say....I beginning to want Wells if curry is gone. I have the what if factor going through my mind all week about him....can we pass on ANOTHER LT and AP...he doesn't have their speed but damn the dude plays big in big games. That is HUGE for me...he dominated Michigan the whole time he played for the Bucks and turns out he played two years ago with a Broken wrist against the team up north. 😍

    Wouldn't you love to watch him do it to Pitt?

    Wells should be the 1st back taken in the draft, with the Browns they need to decide if taking a linebacker will improve the defense more than a offensive player will improve the offense. the players who grades the highest on there board is the player they should pick.

    We continue to pass on top running backs each year believing you can get a top back in the later rounds and we end up with guys like Droughns and Lewis who don't have much left, sooner or later the Browns are going to have to draft a top running back.

    Btw, All the people who love Shonn Green he does not have the quickness and speed do to in the NFL what he did in college and Ringer will also have the same problem watch Andre Brown or Rashard Jennings