Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
  3. Novelette Published

Novelette Published

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
15 Posts 9 Posters 656 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 2k Posts
    • 125 Reputation
    OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
    #1

    Hey folks,

    I published a novelette on Amazon back in February and debated with myself whether or not to share it here but what the heck, why not, if others share their music or other works of art. If it is inappropriate feel free to remove this post, WSS.

    http://www.amazon.com/Shaheens-Last-Stand-A-A-Leil-ebook/dp/B00T6N5YV2

    "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
    T 1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
      • 39k Posts
      • 9k Reputation
      W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
      #2

      No problem at all. I think this page is kind of a clearinghouse for all forms of media. Best of luck my friend.

      WSS

      www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
      OsirisO 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • W Westside Steve

        No problem at all. I think this page is kind of a clearinghouse for all forms of media. Best of luck my friend.

        WSS

        Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 2k Posts
        • 125 Reputation
        OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @westside-steve said:

        No problem at all. I think this page is kind of a clearinghouse for all forms of media. Best of luck my friend.

        WSS

        Thanks!

        "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
          • 57k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Maybe the Forum should be renamed "Westside Steve's Arts and Entertainment Forum"....because we obviously discuss a lot more than just movie reviews.

          OsirisO 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • OsirisO Osiris

            Hey folks,

            I published a novelette on Amazon back in February and debated with myself whether or not to share it here but what the heck, why not, if others share their music or other works of art. If it is inappropriate feel free to remove this post, WSS.

            http://www.amazon.com/Shaheens-Last-Stand-A-A-Leil-ebook/dp/B00T6N5YV2

            The Cysko Kid T Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
            • 15k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            T The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @osiris said:

            Hey folks,

            I published a novelette on Amazon back in February and debated with myself whether or not to share it here but what the heck, why not, if others share their music or other works of art. If it is inappropriate feel free to remove this post, WSS.

            http://www.amazon.com/Shaheens-Last-Stand-A-A-Leil-ebook/dp/B00T6N5YV2

            Seems like it got some good reviews

            Early man walked away as modern man took control. Their minds weren't all the same and to conquer was their goal. So He built his great empires and he slaughtered his own kind, and he died a confused man and killed himself in his own mind...
            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • The GipperT The Gipper

              Maybe the Forum should be renamed "Westside Steve's Arts and Entertainment Forum"....because we obviously discuss a lot more than just movie reviews.

              Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 2k Posts
              • 125 Reputation
              OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @the-gipper said:

              Maybe the Forum should be renamed "Westside Steve's Arts and Entertainment Forum"....because we obviously discuss a lot more than just movie reviews.

              I think that's a good idea actually or at least "Arts & Entertainment" forum.

              "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
              C 1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Axe AxeA Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 10k Posts
                • 8k Reputation
                AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
                #7

                That's cool! I grabbed a copy for my kindle Osiris.. I behind on my reading, about to finish "American Sniper" but I'll let ya know what I think when I'm done

                As an aside. This is one of my projects on amazon

                http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008S3REFK/ref=sr_1_21_rd?ie=UTF8&child=B008S3RHMA&qid=1425512020&sr=1-21%3C/a%3E

                Our musical works to date http://www.arielsatticmusic.com/
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 125 Reputation
                  OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Thanks, man, hope you enjoy it.

                  "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • OsirisO Osiris

                    @the-gipper said:

                    Maybe the Forum should be renamed "Westside Steve's Arts and Entertainment Forum"....because we obviously discuss a lot more than just movie reviews.

                    I think that's a good idea actually or at least "Arts & Entertainment" forum.

                    Chicopee John C
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 104 Reputation
                    C Chicopee John wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @osiris said:

                    I think that's a good idea actually or at least "Arts & Entertainment" forum.

                    You don't like WSS either, eh?

                    "God is great. Beer is good. People are crazy."
                    OsirisO 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • C Chicopee John

                      @osiris said:

                      I think that's a good idea actually or at least "Arts & Entertainment" forum.

                      You don't like WSS either, eh?

                      Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 125 Reputation
                      OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by Osiris
                      #10

                      @chicopee-john said:

                      You don't like WSS either, eh?

                      I like WSS, he is a nice and respectful guy. I just don't think a forum name to imply that only one person should post in it unless that's actually what it is going to be. 🙂

                      "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • larryfine L
                        • 206 Posts
                        • 5 Reputation
                        L larryfine wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Its wonderful.

                        OsirisO 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
                          • 3k Posts
                          • 183 Reputation
                          WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by WalterWhite
                          #12

                          This is the first thing you've posted I've actually enjoyed.

                          1. I agree technology is replacing our humanity.

                          2. It's no secret you're a Muslim, as a Muslim do you believe/agree/promote in technology being used to cure diseases like stem cell research or does Islam forbid that?

                          3. Do you think A.I. is possible?

                          4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • L larryfine

                            Its wonderful.

                            Osiris OsirisO Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 2k Posts
                            • 125 Reputation
                            OsirisO Osiris wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @larryfine said:

                            Its wonderful.

                            Glad you enjoyed it.

                            @walterwhite said:

                            This is the first thing you've posted I've actually enjoyed.

                            1. I agree technology is replacing our humanity.

                            2. It's no secret you're a Muslim, as a Muslim do you believe/agree/promote in technology being used to cure diseases like stem cell research or does Islam forbid that?

                            3. Do you think A.I. is possible?

                            4. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

                            Well, imagine that. Glad you enjoyed it. You'll probably really like the story I submitted to Sci Phi Journal last week. If they accept it I'll post it here.

                            1. Yeah, this story came about after I'd listened to some news story about how doctors were doing conducting more and more appointments 'online.' As an author I hesitate to discuss my personal opinions that go into the story too much, though, as I want readers to feel like they own the experience.

                            2. Absolutely believe in technology being used to improve the human condition, and for me, yes, my religion encourages that as their are often-quotes passages about God instructing man to seek knowledge.

                            3. Eventually, yes. There's research going on in things nobody would've thought possible 10 years ago... like people using their brains to move objects. Sci-fi has a way of predicting future technology, or more realistically, I think it helps creates the motives for young people to become scientists and research the technologies in the stories they read in their youth.

                            4. Where do I see myself? Odd question but yeah, I'd love to be a full-time author getting book contracts from one of the big NY publishers and pumping out a novel or three a year. It's a lot like acting or music, though. Being good at it isn't enough, you have to be lucky and/or have connections just to land an agent. That's the dream, though.

                            "I said, 'I need someone who's going to want to get on the roller coaster with me knowing that it's not always going to be fun,'" -Paul DePodesta
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • WalterWhite WalterWhiteW
                              • 3k Posts
                              • 183 Reputation
                              WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              1. The problem with technology is it's being used against us and violating our civil liberties.

                              2. Nikola Tesla warned of this. He wanted to power the world for free and also invented a death ray but destroyed because it could fall into the wrong hands

                              1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                • 28k Posts
                                • 6k Reputation
                                DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/03/06/lockheed-martin-demos-high-powered-laser-weapon-blasts-through-truck/

                                "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply

                                Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                Register Login
                                Reply
                                • Reply as topic
                                Log in to reply
                                • Oldest to Newest
                                • Newest to Oldest
                                • Most Votes


                                Theme
                                • System
                                • Light
                                • Dark
                                The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                • First post
                                  Last post
                                0
                                • Forums
                                • Recent
                                • Popular
                                • Users
                                • Donate