Vince Wilfork
-
He's 33, pass a physical, solid guy...
I would take a serious look if he was interested.
-
A short term fill in. No thanks.
-
short term, as in a year or two? Just means you wouldn't have to
put a Shelton in there immediately, most of the plays.
Put the veteran in there, Shelton in on the rotation.....
I'd go for that. And if you have an injury...
you hopefully have Taylor to move to NT in the rotation....
that would rock. I don't see the downside, unless it's too
big a price to pay the veteran....
-
I'm more interested in Jerry Hughes and/or Brandon Graham.
-
Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.
-
Offer him a 2 year deal with incentives and use him the way the Patriots did. he played less snaps last year with the rotation they had in NE. Would be a solid run stuffer on 1st and 2nd down. than pulll him on 3rds. rotate Him Taylor and Kitchen would be a nice rotation. Would be interesting to see Taylor play DE next to Him.
-
Log has a point - it depends on how much. If he wants a giant contract,
it probably wouldn't be a good idea.
Wilfork did tear an achilles tendon in 2013, and had a foot problem.
but,
that was 2013. His injuries seem to be that year.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/vince-wilfork-player-injuries
for a good price, he'd be great to add to the rotation. Depends on the physical, like I said.
-
Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.
Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.
Wilfork's missed 18 games in 11 years... 176 games... twelve of them two years ago due to an Achilles. I'll take that kind of injury history any day.
When one of the premier space eaters in the game becomes available, and I need space eaters, I'm at least going to give him a call.
Should Vince sign with us and then by some miracle Shelton falls to us as well, I'd buy sturdier benches and figure the rest out later.
-
You get one or two years out of him. I don't see the point when we could develop a rookie and have them up to speed by the time the team is able to accrue enough talent to try and be a consistently good team.
Wilfork would be great on a team like Denver who is trying to get over the hump. Not a team trying to build.
-
Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.
...... with a history of leg injuries ......
Exactly one.
-
No.. I'm sick of regurgitating someone else's old vets... That was the Mangina way. The Mangina way set this team back in a huge way.. No thanks.
-
This is a no brainer....he's still at or just under his peak. If he wants suh money than no...but if its reasonable,wr'd be idiots not put him with taylor. Those two splitting the heavy lifting and in certain downs being in there together would make THE most dom interior in footbal. Stupid not to make him an offer
-
This is a no brainer....he's still at or just under his peak. If he wants suh money than no...but if its reasonable,wr'd be idiots not put him with taylor. Those two splitting the heavy lifting and in certain downs being in there together would make THE most dom interior in footbal. Stupid not to make him an offer
This is a no brainer....he's still at or just under his peak. If he wants suh money than no.... Stupid not to make him an offer
I agree that he's one to look at for sure....would look GREAT in orange....
-
there been any news regarding Wilfork? like who's been calling him? I better hear one of the names starts with Ray and ends with Farmer.
-
Wilfork would be the perfect mentor to Shelton. He's a class guy who could teach him all the tricks of the trade. If you don't draft Shelton, then pass.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login