Skip to content

Vince Wilfork

The Browns Board
20 13 931
  • Log has a point - it depends on how much. If he wants a giant contract,

    it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

    Wilfork did tear an achilles tendon in 2013, and had a foot problem.

    but,

    that was 2013. His injuries seem to be that year.

    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/vince-wilfork-player-injuries

    for a good price, he'd be great to add to the rotation. Depends on the physical, like I said.

  • Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.

    Wilfork's missed 18 games in 11 years... 176 games... twelve of them two years ago due to an Achilles. I'll take that kind of injury history any day.

    When one of the premier space eaters in the game becomes available, and I need space eaters, I'm at least going to give him a call.

    Should Vince sign with us and then by some miracle Shelton falls to us as well, I'd buy sturdier benches and figure the rest out later.

  • You get one or two years out of him. I don't see the point when we could develop a rookie and have them up to speed by the time the team is able to accrue enough talent to try and be a consistently good team.

    Wilfork would be great on a team like Denver who is trying to get over the hump. Not a team trying to build.

  • Sure... or Vince could play for four more years and raise the game of all around him.

    I totally get, and usually agree with, the final piece argument, but when this kind of talent matches our level of need, I'm interested.

  • No.. I'm sick of regurgitating someone else's old vets... That was the Mangina way. The Mangina way set this team back in a huge way.. No thanks.

  • Wilfork is a big guy with a history of leg injuries that will command a decent veteran paycheck.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    ...... with a history of leg injuries ......

    Exactly one.

  • No.. I'm sick of regurgitating someone else's old vets... That was the Mangina way. The Mangina way set this team back in a huge way.. No thanks.

    @nickers said:

    No.. I'm sick of regurgitating someone else's old vets... That was the Mangina way. The Mangina way set this team back in a huge way.. No thanks.

    Mangini had to use other team's castoffs, because he couldn't draft worth a shit.

  • This is a no brainer....he's still at or just under his peak. If he wants suh money than no...but if its reasonable,wr'd be idiots not put him with taylor. Those two splitting the heavy lifting and in certain downs being in there together would make THE most dom interior in footbal. Stupid not to make him an offer

  • This is a no brainer....he's still at or just under his peak. If he wants suh money than no...but if its reasonable,wr'd be idiots not put him with taylor. Those two splitting the heavy lifting and in certain downs being in there together would make THE most dom interior in footbal. Stupid not to make him an offer

    @clevfan4life said:

    This is a no brainer....he's still at or just under his peak. If he wants suh money than no.... Stupid not to make him an offer

    I agree that he's one to look at for sure....would look GREAT in orange....

  • The Great Pumpkin?

  • there been any news regarding Wilfork? like who's been calling him? I better hear one of the names starts with Ray and ends with Farmer.

  • Wilfork would be the perfect mentor to Shelton. He's a class guy who could teach him all the tricks of the trade. If you don't draft Shelton, then pass.