Skip to content

Brian Hartline is now a Cleveland Brown.

The Browns Board
34 25 1.7k
  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Much better signing than Ginn would be

  • I agree Steve. Austin may not make the team, but I would rather see one of the youg guys bump him off the team then simply not sign him.

    hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    ballpeen, on 10 Mar 2015 - 07:46 AM, said:snapback.png

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree Steve. Austin may not make the team, but I would rather see one of the youg guys bump him off the team then simply not sign him.

    @darren15 said:

    It would probably cost us 6million if he did make the team .......I think we can rebuild him

    Darren, I see what you did there..."Steve. Austin".... 6 million dollar man. I can hear the bionic sound effect. Priceless!

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Possession receiver really. Which is fine and needed....but not going to replace the dynamic that Josh Gordon gives you. Few if any WRs could do that. The speed will still have to come from Gabriel, Hawkins, Benjamin.

  • Much better signing than Ginn would be

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @mld-woody said:

    Much better signing than Ginn would be

    Dane Sanzenbacher is still out there. Another sure handed guy.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I think it's a great start. The Browns NEED a get-open-fast wr.

    Speed guys that can get downfield... that takes a few more seconds of time,

    than a guy who can get off the los and make things easier on a qb to

    get rid of the ball for a completion.

  • I think it's a great start. The Browns NEED a get-open-fast wr.

    Speed guys that can get downfield... that takes a few more seconds of time,

    than a guy who can get off the los and make things easier on a qb to

    get rid of the ball for a completion.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @calfoxwc said:

    I think it's a great start. The Browns NEED a get-open-fast wr.

    Speed guys that can get downfield... that takes a few more seconds of time,

    than a guy who can get off the los and make things easier on a qb to

    get rid of the ball for a completion.

    I don't know that Hartline is that "get open fast wr". Maybe I am wrong. Maybe my "scouting report" on him is in error. He is a guy that necessarily has that burst. Quick perhaps, more Wes Welker/Edelman/Brian Brennan/Joe Jurevicious/ precise route runner.

    Am I off base? Or am I stereotyping him because he is white?

  • I like Hartline. Just hope we can avoid the "back Home" crap this time.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @cuwoohio said:

    I like Hartline. Just hope we can avoid the "back Home" crap this time.

    Avoid it by only dressing him for road games?

    @the-gipper said:

    Dane Sanzenbacher is still out there. Another sure handed guy.

    Love me some Sanzenbacher...

    @the-gipper said:

    Am I off base? Or am I stereotyping him because he is white?

    Did you say he can't jump?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #28

    His fiance will look good in the new, more vibrant, orange.

    0.jpg

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Looks like a bank roll disappeared from his right hand when he touched her...

    Maintenance fee?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I don't know that Hartline is that "get open fast wr". Maybe I am wrong. Maybe my "scouting report" on him is in error. He is a guy that necessarily has that burst. Quick perhaps, more Wes Welker/Edelman/Brian Brennan/Joe Jurevicious/ precise route runner.

    Am I off base? Or am I stereotyping him because he is white? Gip

    ********************************************

    No, no, I just see him as being very smart, and quick to get off the los.

    Very much like a Welker or a Brian Brennan.

    And deceitful to throw the defender off track. I think some of it is just

    football instinctiveness. Some of it is strenth of using hands and leverage, which

    can obviously be coached. But the instinct - that I think a player has, or doesn't have.

    Welker was 5'9"...and ran the 40 in 4.61 secs.

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=58574&draftyear=2004&genpos=WR

    And apparently, Brennan was also 5'9", or close. I don't know what his forty time was,

    but Sam Rutigliano had this to say about him:

    http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2012/12/brians-song/

    "Brian may not have been that fast, and he may not have been that tall, but he could catch a BB in the dark. He was the kind of guy then that every team wants today"

    - Former Cleveland Browns head coach Sam Rutigliano

    Obviously, they knew how to get open, and they loved the game.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Great addition to that 6 yards downfield passing attack. Thankfully we have Spencer Lanning to stretch the field.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #32

    This tweet made me laugh...

    Evan Silva@evansilva

    Brian Hartline is gonna score a career-high 5 TDs in '15 and silence the haters.

  • His fiance will look good in the new, more vibrant, orange.

    0.jpg

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    Zombo said:

    His fiance will look good in the new, more vibrant, orange.

    0.jpg

  • This tweet made me laugh...

    Evan Silva@evansilva

    Brian Hartline is gonna score a career-high 5 TDs in '15 and silence the haters.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @tour2ma said:

    This tweet made me laugh...

    Evan Silva@evansilva

    Brian Hartline is gonna score a career-high 5 TDs in '15 and silence the haters.

    Awesome