Skip to content

Worilds collide ... Steeler retires

The Browns Board
25 13 1.4k
  • I would love to poach Worilds. One of the better 3-4 OLBers in the NFL.

  • Worilds would be a nice add, though it's feeling like it's gonna be Trent Cole.....

    @mudfly said:

    Worilds would be a nice add, though it's feeling like it's gonna be Trent Cole.....

    well....looks like I was wrong on this one, as they are saying Cole's going to Indy.......

    which works with me, cause he looked a LOT like Sheard to my eye......and, if we're picking another 4-3 backer to play in the 3-4, then Id rather just stick with Sheard.....

    Though Id prefer Worilds to both of them.....

  • If Shelton is already gone and Dupree (3-4 OLB) is still there, I bet we take him @ 12 and count on either Brown or Goldman @ 19 for our DT. I am under the assumption that Beasley, Ray, Gregory and Fowler are already gone by 12.

  • I could be on board with Worilds. I also could be on board with Bjoern Werner.

  • If Shelton is already gone and Dupree (3-4 OLB) is still there, I bet we take him @ 12 and count on either Brown or Goldman @ 19 for our DT. I am under the assumption that Beasley, Ray, Gregory and Fowler are already gone by 12.

    @texasag1969 said:

    If Shelton is already gone and Dupree (3-4 OLB) is still there, I bet we take him @ 12 and count on either Brown or Goldman @ 19 for our DT. I am under the assumption that Beasley, Ray, Gregory and Fowler are already gone by 12.

    Not a chance. It will be Brown all the way. At least, if our front office has seen what I've seen from Dupree it will be Malcolm at 12.

  • What a strange day kids

    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m

    Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
    Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....
    2 minutes ago
    Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
    Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

    Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

  • And gonna get stranger with Chip Kelly in the mix.

  • And gonna get stranger with Chip Kelly in the mix.

    @opal312 said:

    And gonna get stranger with Chip Kelly in the mix.

    I don't know whether to think Chip Kelly is secretely a genius or just a dumbass.
  • What a strange day kids

    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m

    Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
    Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....
    2 minutes ago
    Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora
    Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

    Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

    @walterwhite said:

    What a strange day kids

    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m

    Former Steelers pass rusher Jason Worilds is retiring from the game per a release by his agents. Several teams wanted him in free agency....

    Seriously? WTF is that all about. As noted, he is only 27. I don't remember if he has been suffering injuries has he?

    While it takes him out of the mix for us, it also removes him from the Steelers roster. Is that addition by subtraction (for us?)

  • Locker... now Worilds.

    Two is a coincidence...

    When you already have more than enough money and the game you love begins to seem more like a business, some players are going to walk.

  • Locker... now Worilds.

    Two is a coincidence...

    When you already have more than enough money and the game you love begins to seem more like a business, some players are going to walk.

    @tour2ma said:

    Locker... now Worilds.

    Two is a coincidence...

    When you already have more than enough money and the game you love begins to seem more like a business, some players are going to walk.

    Locker's injury situation....and perhaps to elongate his career playing baseball.....where 300+ pounders aren't regularly out there trying to take your head off make his decision understandable. What is the story behind Worilds? (though I still think his situation is reversible....James Harrison retired and came back at an older age than he)

  • I understand that Worilds quit for religious reasons and is entering the Witness protection prograM or something.

    I honestly don't know who is left to play LB for Pgh. It is usually a strong position for them but the present herd is really really thin.

  • I understand that Worilds quit for religious reasons and is entering the Witness protection prograM or something.

    I honestly don't know who is left to play LB for Pgh. It is usually a strong position for them but the present herd is really really thin.

    @buck-the-frowns said:

    I understand that Worilds quit for religious reasons and is entering the Witness protection prograM or something.

    I honestly don't know who is left to play LB for Pgh. It is usually a strong position for them but the present herd is really really thin.

    They have Shazier, Arthur Moats.....is Timmons still a Steeler? And, James Harrison hasn't said he is going to retire again.

  • @buck-the-frowns said:

    I understand that Worilds quit for religious reasons and is entering the Witness protection prograM or something.

    I honestly don't know who is left to play LB for Pgh. It is usually a strong position for them but the present herd is really really thin.

    They have Shazier, Arthur Moats.....is Timmons still a Steeler? And, James Harrison hasn't said he is going to retire again.

    @the-gipper said:

    They have Shazier, Arthur Moats.....is Timmons still a Steeler? And, James Harrison hasn't said he is going to retire again.

    Timmons is still very much a steeler and we have Jarvis Jones. I expect Harrison to sign post training camp. The steelers were out in force at bud Dupree's pro day. Tomlin, Colbert and porter. I expect them to make a play to get Keenan lewis back which could open up another outside backer in round one. I expect olb or corner but the steelers rarely factor need in heavily.

  • Hey, Vag...

    Lotta mocks/sims have y'all targeting Collins. Not so much with the fan base?

  • The Steelers always seem to be wild cards with their drafting. I don't think anyone on my primary board and myself included saw the Shazier pick coming. I fully expected Dennard WHICH would have been a need based selection. The Steelers just don't draft based on need they draft based on their board and their board is almost always best available player. I don't believe Collins will be the best player available at 22. I also don't believe we'll draft a safety. Most of the mocks are overlooking Shark as the replacement to Polamalu. We still have Robert Golden and Will Allen as solid back ups and we signed Mitchell last season. I think Mitchell is better suited at SS so if Polamalu does in fact retire (I'm not certain he's going to, but we'll see) Mitchell will go to SS and I believe Shark will play FS. I also won't be shocked if we trade for Keenan Lewis as he wants out of New Orleans and is supposedly on the block.

    EDIT: Most of the fan base is leaning corner BUT that could all change if Keenan Lewis ends up back in Pittsburgh

  • So, Vag.....what is the story behind the Worilds retirement?

  • So, Vag.....what is the story behind the Worilds retirement?

    @the-gipper said:

    So, Vag.....what is the story behind the Worilds retirement?

    No story, he just retired. He wanted a pretty substantial contract basically a million per sack is what one team rep said and no one wanted to give it to him so he retired. I'm guessing he felt risking his health was only worth so much and when he didn't get it. He decided to retire. I won't be shocked if he comes out of retirement. Either way there really is no other explanation.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, Vag.....what is the story behind the Worilds retirement?

    No story, he just retired. He wanted a pretty substantial contract basically a million per sack is what one team rep said and no one wanted to give it to him so he retired. I'm guessing he felt risking his health was only worth so much and when he didn't get it. He decided to retire. I won't be shocked if he comes out of retirement. Either way there really is no other explanation.

    @vagitron said:

    No story, he just retired. He wanted a pretty substantial contract basically a million per sack is what one team rep said and no one wanted to give it to him so he retired. I'm guessing he felt risking his health was only worth so much and when he didn't get it. He decided to retire. I won't be shocked if he comes out of retirement. Either way there really is no other explanation.

    Well, it seems like he didn't even want to field offers....so how did he know no one wanted to give it to him? (not that any would)

    He was foolish for asking that much, but, I mean, how much money does he think he will make being an assistant coach for a High School team?

  • @vagitron said:

    No story, he just retired. He wanted a pretty substantial contract basically a million per sack is what one team rep said and no one wanted to give it to him so he retired. I'm guessing he felt risking his health was only worth so much and when he didn't get it. He decided to retire. I won't be shocked if he comes out of retirement. Either way there really is no other explanation.

    Well, it seems like he didn't even want to field offers....so how did he know no one wanted to give it to him? (not that any would)

    He was foolish for asking that much, but, I mean, how much money does he think he will make being an assistant coach for a High School team?

    @the-gipper said:

    Well, it seems like he didn't even want to field offers....so how did he know no one wanted to give it to him? (not that any would)

    He was foolish for asking that much, but, I mean, how much money does he think he will make being an assistant coach for a High School team?

    Our guard Ramon foster said he doesn't care about leaving money on the table but he was only going to continue playing for a certain amount. The New York Giants and the Eagles were both interested and said he wanted too much. The steelers obviously felt the same or they would have offered him a contract.