Skrine to Jets
-
I also like Buster & wish him well.
Mike
-
Good for Skrine, this is the NFL time for Gilbert to remove his head from his ass
-
-
Buster came through for us when the rook was struggling with whatever demons he has to wrestle. But he was never a permanent answer at corner. Should make the draft and training camp even more interesting than it already will be.
I don't know about the rest of you, but the Browns provide more off-season entertainment than just about any team out there.
-
It doesn't sound to me like there were any demons. I've heard interviewed and he always seemed like he took his position very seriously, staying in the film room studying what he did during the games and figuring out what he could have done better. he improved every season and I respected him for that. I hope he does well and earns his raise.
Now it's time for someone else to step up in Cleveland.
WSS
-
Buster was fine, cept he was shorter than a popsickle stick,
and often didn't look back at the ball, was more a nickle back,
and that time he ran
into the receiver of a kick...
well, have a good rest of your career, Buster.
-
It doesn't sound to me like there were any demons. I've heard interviewed and he always seemed like he took his position very seriously, staying in the film room studying what he did during the games and figuring out what he could have done better. he improved every season and I respected him for that. I hope he does well and earns his raise.
Now it's time for someone else to step up in Cleveland.
WSS
It doesn't sound to me like there were any demons. I've heard interviewed and he always seemed like he took his position very seriously, staying in the film room studying what he did during the games and figuring out what he could have done better. he improved every season and I respected him for that. I hope he does well and earns his raise.
Now it's time for someone else to step up in Cleveland.
WSS
Read again Steve. I was referring to the rook and his demons, not Buster. Buster had to take his place and played decently.
-
I misread that. Thought you were talking about Busters rookie year. Now I'm struggling with my own demons...

WSS
-
-
I saw somewhere that Buster's deal made him the 15th highest paid CB in the league. A #2 corner (at best) isn't really worth that salary so I'm glad the Browns didn't give him that money. Good for him to get that pay day, though.
I saw somewhere that Buster's deal made him the 15th highest paid CB in the league. A #2 corner (at best) isn't really worth that salary so I'm glad the Browns didn't give him that money. Good for him to get that pay day, though.
Yep.....letting him go was a no brainer....and I dont blame him for taking the $....though, now he has to live up to it.....
Apparently the Jets disagree...

If Gilbert pans out, Buster isn't even our #2... so there's that.
Damn... would've been easy money...
ha!....In theory at least....(Im not a good payer upper)

-
Buster came through for us when the rook was struggling with whatever demons he has to wrestle. But he was never a permanent answer at corner. Should make the draft and training camp even more interesting than it already will be.
I don't know about the rest of you, but the Browns provide more off-season entertainment than just about any team out there.
Buster came through for us when the rook was struggling with whatever demons he has to wrestle. But he was never a permanent answer at corner. Should make the draft and training camp even more interesting than it already will be.
I don't know about the rest of you, but the Browns provide more off-season entertainment than just about any team out there.
And if Desir and K'wan work out he would have dropped even further.
That's the only logical explanation I can think of for letting Skrine walk. The Browns are hoping Williams and Desir are the answer.
BTW Jets you now have $53 million guaranteed tied up in two CBs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better π
Register Login