Breaking: Jake Locker retires.
-
What a crazy day. Per Ian Rapport
-
More from Jake Locker: “I no longer have the burning desire necessary to play the game for a living.”
-
He was told he was being traded to us

-
-
At one time he was considered to be potentially the #1 overall pick in the draft. May actually have been that had he come out his junior season.
Then injuries upon injuries happened to him. I am sure that is the most important factor in this decision.
By the way.....who is the Titans QB? To me, this could signal that the Titans definitely would be taking Mariota....or Winston with that #2 overall pick.
-
26. He is over the hill old bastard.
-
Damnit now I have to take Mariota in the "Browns Board Draft"
-
Quarterback Jake Locker was a first-round disappointment with the Tennessee Titans, but as he hit free agency there was at least a sliver of hope that a chance of scenery could change how he was viewed as an NFL player.
Locker had no interest.
In a surprise, Locker retired rather than try to resurrect his career. He's just 26 years old. He played just 30 NFL games. He made about $12.5 million, the windfall from being the eighth overall pick of the 2011 draft. Fox Sports 1's Mike Garafolo and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Locker's retirement.
"I am retiring from football after much reflection and discussion with my family," Locker said in a statement,via Garafolo. "I will always be grateful for having had the opportunity to realize my childhood dream of playing in the NFL and for the lifelong relationships I developed because of that experience. Football has always played a pivotal role in my life and I love the game, but I no longer have the burning desire necessary to play the game for a living; to continue to do so would be unfair to the next organization with whom I would eventually sign. I realize this decision is surprising to many, but I know in my heart that it is the right decision and I look forward to spending more time with my family and pursuing other interests.”The NFL isn't an easy life, especially for someone who had as many injuries as Locker. That's a main reason Locker never came close to living up to his draft status. He never played more than 11 games in a season. He was also inaccurate and the Titans didn't seem to make any effort to bring him back when his contract was up. If he is in fact done with the NFL, he'll finish with just 4,967 yards, 27 touchdowns and 22 interceptions.
The class of quarterbacks in free agency was already pretty weak, and it's certainly not any stronger with Locker walking away from the NFL.
-
The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
-
The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
Trade for Sam Bradford, apparently.
-
Sam is going to be used as Trade bait for draft day
-
Good luck with that. Unless you're talking a 5th rounder tops, nobody is sinking a high pick into Bradford.
-
Whisenhunt will trade the #2 overall for Bradford, straight-up.
-
The Hurt Locker.
-
The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
Ha ha ha ! I think you're right. If Chip Kelly thought he was going to trade up for Mariota by offering Sam (Don't breathe on me) Bradford in a package he's sorely mistaken. Some of these trades today don't make sense. Does Chip Kelly think Bradford who is making like 13 million gives his team a better chance than Foles? The Rams are laughing all the way to the bank.The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
-
The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
I think Blane Gabbert is available.The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
-
I think Blane Gabbert is available.The Titans are drafting Mariota or Winston so I have no clue what the hell Chip Kelly is going to do
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login