Free Agency Winners/Losers
-
So, in the few days since the beginning of the Free Agency Period who at this point are the winners and losers? Here is how I calculate it: I take the ESPN Free Agent Tracker rankings put forth by Bill Polian who grades FAs A-D. Then I look only at the C or better players who have moved and count which teams have gained the most C or better players and who have lost the most. I am only looking at players who have moved. I have not counted players resigning with their old team....but yes, I know, sometimes those are the best moves. But I am only looking at players who have switched teams. So here we go:
Winners:
Jacksonville....has signed 4 C or better FAs and lost none.
Oakland....same....signed 4 C or better and lost none.
Arizona....signed 3 C or better, lost one
Chicago...signed 3, lost one
Losers:
Baltimore....lost 3 C or better FAs, signed none
Dallas....lost 2 signed none
Green Bay....lost 2 signed none
This is completely anecdotal and unscientific and may be based on a ranking system that is flawed. I am also going just by numbers. For these totals didn't differentiate between A and C ranked players. E.g. Miami got the big prize with Suh, ranked an A+.....but also got a C player from the Steelers. But they also lost an A- player. So with all that I didn't form some complex algorithm to figure it out, I just went by C or better players gained or lost.
Feel free to chime in on who you think the winners/losers are so far.
-
I like the fact that Cleveland is not throwing money at older free agents. The Raiders, Bucaneers and Denver did that last year. But I think the Browns lost when they let Buster Skrine and Sheard go. They had the money and now look for replacements. This never makes sense to me. Getting older is not getting better. Hopefully they win out on draft day. If they do a deal with Chip Kelly they're crazy.
-
I like the fact that Cleveland is not throwing money at older free agents. The Raiders, Bucaneers and Denver did that last year. But I think the Browns lost when they let Buster Skrine and Sheard go. They had the money and now look for replacements. This never makes sense to me. Getting older is not getting better. Hopefully they win out on draft day. If they do a deal with Chip Kelly they're crazy.
I like the fact that Cleveland is not throwing money at older free agents. The Raiders, Bucaneers and Denver did that last year. But I think the Browns lost when they let Buster Skrine and Sheard go. They had the money and now look for replacements. This never makes sense to me. Getting older is not getting better. Hopefully they win out on draft day. If they do a deal with Chip Kelly they're crazy.
So far the winner is the Jets
-
-
I like the fact that Cleveland is not throwing money at older free agents. The Raiders, Bucaneers and Denver did that last year. But I think the Browns lost when they let Buster Skrine and Sheard go. They had the money and now look for replacements. This never makes sense to me. Getting older is not getting better. Hopefully they win out on draft day. If they do a deal with Chip Kelly they're crazy.
So far the winner is the Jets
-
The Colts seem to be making solid FA moves for a 2 year run.
-
-
The Colts seem to be making solid FA moves for a 2 year run.
The Colts seem to be making solid FA moves for a 2 year run.
Well, they acquired some names.....but maybe over the hill names, like Frank Gore and Andre Johnson.....but they may have lost as much as they gained....just not as well known names: lose DB Sergio Brown and DE Cory Redding
.....oh, and they did did lose one big name: Ricky Jean Francois!!!
And don't forget....they have now lost TR.
-
-
The Colts seem to be making solid FA moves for a 2 year run.
Well, they acquired some names.....but maybe over the hill names, like Frank Gore and Andre Johnson.....but they may have lost as much as they gained....just not as well known names: lose DB Sergio Brown and DE Cory Redding
.....oh, and they did did lose one big name: Ricky Jean Francois!!!
And don't forget....they have now lost TR.
Well, they acquired some names.....but maybe over the hill names, like Frank Gore and Andre Johnson.....but they may have lost as much as they gained....just not as well known names: lose DB Sergio Brown and DE Cory Redding
.....oh, and they did did lose one big name: Ricky Jean Francois!!!
And don't forget....they have now lost TR.
Yeah but both Gore and Johnson are in effect 2 year deals.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login