Skip to content

Zack And Miri Make A Porno Review

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
4 3 956
  • Zack and Miri Make A Porno

    Weinstein

    R 101 min

    Like the man said “Dying’s easy; comedy’s hard.” and harder still is critiquing it.

    You see at the end of the day you either laugh at it or you don’t. All the great actors or sets or camera work will go for naught if it isn’t funny.

    Kevin Smith’s (CLERKS, CHASING AMY) comedies are rude, vulgar, sophomoric, often gross, but I’ve liked every one.

    The beauty of Smith’s comedies is the fact that buried underneath the dirty jokes and F bombs (which are mostly really funny) you’ll find a love story that could be hosed off and re cast with a younger Hugh Grant and Gwyneth Paltrow as a mainstream chick flick. I’m glad he doesn’t since it’s the human touch that makes his films more than the same old crap.

    Seth Rogen and Elizabeth Banks are Zack and Miri a pair of best buddies since childhood who have fastidiously avoided romance in fear that it may spoil the perfect friendship.

    When financial hard times bring the proverbial wolf to the door it’s time for some really creative financing. What, (besides politics) could be an easier way to make money?

    Porn!

    So our heroes assemble a rag tag group of misfits and embark on a film career.

    It’s fun and games until…

    …well until the part I’ll let you find out about if you go.

    The bottom line is yes it’s funny. I laughed out loud a few times but more than that I was touched by the ending.

    This one works even better with the charismatic but decidedly regular Rogen (who reminded me of a younger Kevin Smith) and Banks and not Hollywood type shmucks.

    Is it goofy? Sure, but sometimes a pro like Smith puts just enough English on the screwball and throws us a little gem.

    This is one of those times.

    B

    WSS

    [email protected]

  • \ said:

    Zack and Miri Make A Porno

    Weinstein

    R 101 min

    Like the man said “Dying’s easy; comedy’s hard.” and harder still is critiquing it.

    You see at the end of the day you either laugh at it or you don’t. All the great actors or sets or camera work will go for naught if it isn’t funny.

    Kevin Smith’s (CLERKS, CHASING AMY) comedies are rude, vulgar, sophomoric, often gross, but I’ve liked every one.

    The beauty of Smith’s comedies is the fact that buried underneath the dirty jokes and F bombs (which are mostly really funny) you’ll find a love story that could be hosed off and re cast with a younger Hugh Grant and Gwyneth Paltrow as a mainstream chick flick. I’m glad he doesn’t since it’s the human touch that makes his films more than the same old crap.

    Seth Rogen and Elizabeth Banks are Zack and Miri a pair of best buddies since childhood who have fastidiously avoided romance in fear that it may spoil the perfect friendship.

    When financial hard times bring the proverbial wolf to the door it’s time for some really creative financing. What, (besides politics) could be an easier way to make money?

    Porn!

    So our heroes assemble a rag tag group of misfits and embark on a film career.

    It’s fun and games until…

    …well until the part I’ll let you find out about if you go.

    The bottom line is yes it’s funny. I laughed out loud a few times but more than that I was touched by the ending.

    This one works even better with the charismatic but decidedly regular Rogen (who reminded me of a younger Kevin Smith) and Banks and not Hollywood type shmucks.

    Is it goofy? Sure, but sometimes a pro like Smith puts just enough English on the screwball and throws us a little gem.

    This is one of those times.

    B

    WSS

    [email protected]

    I'm going to see it tonight to avoid the election take over. Hope you're right.

  • Is it goofy? Sure, but sometimes a pro like Smith puts just enough English on the screwball and throws us a little gem.

    This is one of those times.

    B

    WSS

    [email protected]

    [/b]

    I'm going to see it tonight to avoid the election take over. Hope you're right.

    Well it's gonna hinge on your take on Kevin Smith.

    Let me know.

    WSS

  • "I will be your sherpa of the mountain of gayness."

    😆

    I also liked Tyler Labine's cameo as a drunk Steelers fan.