BREAKING: CAMERON SIGNS WITH ... Miami
-
I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....
I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....
i hear that. i like cam. to me the money wasn't the biggest thing because the browns have plenty....it was more a roll of the dice, which in my case, i never woulda rolled.
Mik,
You are correct. I posted somewhere the other day about the 2011 Eagles trading & buying the "Dream Team". The media had them winning the Super Bowl pre-season. I don't think their 8-8 record that year quite made it. I had told Cal during that year's FA that they screwed their team chemistry & would look silly. They did!
Mike
right.
miami signs suh and cam but hartline and wallace are gone, tannehill is still unproven.......who's going to score for them?
if the browns fill one or two holes with competent FAs fine (whitner last year is a perfect example). i think they are looking more towards the draft then ever before.
wish the fans who are in such an uproar would give someone a chance to do their job before they start calling them assholes or incompetent. i mean where would they be if their boss reprimanded them every time they dropped some french fries on the ground?
-
Wow. He just didn't want to stay in Cleveland then.
Good riddance, apparently.
Remember those bubblegum lyrics "you can look at the menu but you just can't eat"??? Miami just went all in on that. I feel like this is one of those rare occasions divine intervention was trying to help our front office no matter how much they resisted prior to Miami bailing them out. Reality is Cameron remains just 1 jolting hit shy of career curtains.
People can say it was the QB situation driving the decision but the 1 year both Gordon and Cameron made the Pro Bowl - our QBing and running game was a short bus fire drill most of the time. TODAY, we have the balance of a running game with 9 or 10 draft picks than can make us stronger outside. This is a quick summary of what the 1 NFL team willing to burn a 4th round pick on a college resume of 1 start + 1 dunk got in return over 4 years:
1) The first 2 years he looked like a project (occasional excitement as well as limitations foreshadowed)
2) 2013 was a Pro Bowl season (despite Weeden & Campbell combining to win 1 of 13 starts); but remained a TE with limited value for our running game.
3) In 2014 the story change gave us the next Evan Moore after Cinderella's midnight.
I'm also okay with letting NE pay Jabaal Sheard 11 million $ over 2 years in a scheme he's prolly better suited to play in. IMO, an overachiever with pedestrian numbers is not the type of talent you change an overall scheme for. I LIKED Sheard so I'm happy a guy that works hard and stays out of trouble has a comfortable niche out there. JJ Watt is a differently wired guy that a defensive minded coach is willing to change an overall scheme for. In particular, when Watt was drafted to a team that ran a 34 D - Wade Phillips saw enough of a game changer talent that compelled him to switch to a 4 man front in 78% of the snaps JJ's rookie year. I'm sure injuries to the LBer Corps also drove that decision; but the success that front generated gave him no reason to change the frequency of sic em, sock em and sack em.
-
so after signing suh and cam the dolphins have gutted their WR ranks.
and people here bitch that we don't spend a lot on FA? let's see how all these big name acquisitions equate to their new team's records before you start grading out these moves.
so after signing suh and cam the dolphins have gutted their WR ranks.
and people here bitch that we don't spend a lot on FA? let's see how all these big name acquisitions equate to their new team's records before you start grading out these moves.
Stills isn't bad, not a #1 but a solid #2. Landry will be there #1
-
Miami should sign kicker Mason Crosby...they just got Stills and would only need a Nash
-
I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....
I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....
Maybe just a smokescreen to get Miami to pay more money so that they have to let Clay go...?
Let's be real, Cameron wanted out. Period. Why not use the leverage to your gain?
This is the Hollywood time of year right? coulda been staged....
-
I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....
Maybe just a smokescreen to get Miami to pay more money so that they have to let Clay go...?
Let's be real, Cameron wanted out. Period. Why not use the leverage to your gain?
This is the Hollywood time of year right? coulda been staged....
Maybe just a smokescreen to get Miami to pay more money so that they have to let Clay go...?
Let's be real, Cameron wanted out. Period. Why not use the leverage to your gain?
This is the Hollywood time of year right? coulda been staged....
I guess that's a possibility, but a pretty ballsy move, if that's the case. Counting on an NFL franchise to pay 7.5 mil to a guy who has had one good year in the middle of a concussion party... Either way, glad it worked out.
-
a lot of us, including myself, are too quick to take the word of some ESPN reporter as gospel before having it verified by other sources, including the browns themselves.
chalk another one up to twitter. although i don't use the twatter myself many reporters and inside guys eat, drink and sleep on every fart coming out the arse of some 'inside information' guy hoping to get the scoop before their cohorts do.
sometimes that dry fart is really a shart and they end up looking like shit.
-
VesnaKociper said:
Just got back from Vegas, and thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode. Jordan signs with Miami and the response is
Good Move?
I hope he Stays healthy?
The Browns are on the right track?
WTF are you people inhaling?
What i'm smoking is basically that Cameron wanted out and was just as much of a risk to hang on to as JG. Just injury prone not 420. Seems to me the staff is trying to build a cohesive locker room of players that "play like a Brown". Means offensive coordinators as well I guess. If i'm wrong so be it. It's not like they rang me up and asked what I thought, right? Cameron was a shitty blocker and they seem to like multi-taskers...
We're talking year two.
-
Miami should sign kicker Mason Crosby...they just got Stills and would only need a Nash
*rim shot*
VesnaKociper said:
Just got back from Vegas, and thought I was in a Twilight Zone episode. Jordan signs with Miami and the response is
Good Move?
I hope he Stays healthy?
The Browns are on the right track?
WTF are you people inhaling?
Be fair... some were saying the same thing during the 15 minutes they thought he'd resigned with us.
-
I'm not pissed at the FO for their inactivity in FA. I'm pissed that they tried to give a TE who doesn't want to be here and can't stay healthy 7.5 mil/ year....
i hear that. i like cam. to me the money wasn't the biggest thing because the browns have plenty....it was more a roll of the dice, which in my case, i never woulda rolled.
Mik,
You are correct. I posted somewhere the other day about the 2011 Eagles trading & buying the "Dream Team". The media had them winning the Super Bowl pre-season. I don't think their 8-8 record that year quite made it. I had told Cal during that year's FA that they screwed their team chemistry & would look silly. They did!
Mike
right.
miami signs suh and cam but hartline and wallace are gone, tannehill is still unproven.......who's going to score for them?
if the browns fill one or two holes with competent FAs fine (whitner last year is a perfect example). i think they are looking more towards the draft then ever before.
wish the fans who are in such an uproar would give someone a chance to do their job before they start calling them assholes or incompetent. i mean where would they be if their boss reprimanded them every time they dropped some french fries on the ground?
... tannehill is still unproven...
The Fins seem to disagree. They think Tannehill's star will continue to ascend. While I agree extrapolating his improvement is a gamble, that assumption combined with an apparent opening in the division to leap-frog the Pats is enough reason to go all in.
And that does not even include the moves their other division rivals have. Each has made enough to offset Miaimi's clear QB advantage had the Fins stood pat...
Remember those bubblegum lyrics "you can look at the menu but you just can't eat"??? Miami just went all in on that.
That Howard Jones memory was almost gone... thanks for entrenching it for another few years.
Agree with the bulk of the post...
If healthy, Cam is a clear upgrade over Clay, but that "if" is sizeable. Cam knows that as well and given its size, it's hard to fault him for going to a team that looks closer to being a contender than we do ATM...
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login