Skip to content

Would you rather have an elite TE or elite WR?

The Browns Board
43 22 1.6k
  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I just think we might be going after both in this draft. Thoughts?

    Would you rather have a Gates/Gronk/Witten or a Green/Megatron/Fitzgerald?

  • ConnerLangfordC ConnerLangford wrote on last edited by
    #2

    That's a tough one, bexcuse I think a lot of teams can be successful without an elite WR, as long as they have a good QB to get them the ball, like the Patriots for example, they have an above average wide receiving corps, but nothing spectacular, they had Tom Brady giving them the ball. A good QB can make any WR look good. So I think I'd rather have an elite TE who is an exceptional blocker and who can go up and make a play when needed

  • WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #3

    If the Browns could draft Maxx Williams and address WR still I'd think it be great but I don't want to ignore the defensive front 7 either

  • If the Browns could draft Maxx Williams and address WR still I'd think it be great but I don't want to ignore the defensive front 7 either

    ConnerLangfordC ConnerLangford wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @walterwhite said:

    If the Browns could draft Maxx Williams and address WR still I'd think it be great but I don't want to ignore the defensive front 7 either

    If we drafted Maxx Williams I would be estatic. He's the only elite TE in this years draft
  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #5

    Wide Receiver. I'd rather have Calvin Johnson than Gronk

  • @walterwhite said:

    If the Browns could draft Maxx Williams and address WR still I'd think it be great but I don't want to ignore the defensive front 7 either

    If we drafted Maxx Williams I would be estatic. He's the only elite TE in this years draft
    WalterWhiteW WalterWhite wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @connerlangford said:

    If we drafted Maxx Williams I would be estatic. He's the only elite TE in this years draft

    His leaping ability and athleticism is freakish. He reminds me of a less strong but more athletic Gronk.

    I'd have NO PROBLEM taking him at #19 and addressing WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

  • @connerlangford said:

    If we drafted Maxx Williams I would be estatic. He's the only elite TE in this years draft

    His leaping ability and athleticism is freakish. He reminds me of a less strong but more athletic Gronk.

    I'd have NO PROBLEM taking him at #19 and addressing WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

    ConnerLangfordC ConnerLangford wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @walterwhite said:

    His leaping ability and athleticism is freakish. He reminds me of a less strong but more athletic Gronk.

    I'd have NO PROBLEM taking him at #19 and addressing WR in the 2nd or 3rd.

    Jesus Christ that hurdle. Yeah I'd love to see us go after him. DT with the 12th pick, Maxx with the 19th. Take a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round, this years WR class is deep, it's not necessary for us to draft one in the 1st round.
  • JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Easy.

    Think Josh Gordon (with his head straight) versus Jordan Cameron . . . who would you rather have?

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Drew Bree's is probably crying in his beer right now that Graham's been traded. It would be nice to have a Kevin White and a big tight end. If Cameron stays healthy he's one of the best. He proved it when Weeden, Hoyer and Campbell threw to him. I also think Devon Smith is a good receiver in this year's draft if all the others are taken. The Browns could go defense and wide receiver.

  • Drew Bree's is probably crying in his beer right now that Graham's been traded. It would be nice to have a Kevin White and a big tight end. If Cameron stays healthy he's one of the best. He proved it when Weeden, Hoyer and Campbell threw to him. I also think Devon Smith is a good receiver in this year's draft if all the others are taken. The Browns could go defense and wide receiver.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @opal312 said:

    Drew Bree's is probably crying in his beer right now that Graham's been traded. It would be nice to have a Kevin White and a big tight end. If Cameron stays healthy he's one of the best. He proved it when Weeden, Hoyer and Campbell threw to him. I also think Devon Smith is a good receiver in this year's draft if all the others are taken. The Browns could go defense and wide receiver.

    If the Saints are currently in total reset mode (which due to Cap/Performance they may well be) , who's to say that even he's not in play to be traded?

    Might be worth a look at my thoughts on another thread about Brees & Browns .

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #11

    We need a replacement for johnny rehab. Dont care who can catch it if we cant throw it.

  • We need a replacement for johnny rehab. Dont care who can catch it if we cant throw it.

    JAFBFJ JAFBF wrote on last edited by JAFBF
    #12

    @kvoethe said:

    We need a replacement for johnny rehab. Dont care who can catch it if we cant throw it.

    Been hearing recently that a lot of talent evaluators are thinking JFF has huge upside in the NFL . . . their biggest concern has been his partying antics, which God willing may be being addressed

    Sounding a lot like McCown starts the Season, JFF takes over some time and then . . . well, I guess we'll see.

    First view JFF looked bad . . . maybe ReHab will change things . . . guy's supposed to have talent, guess we'll soon see.

    We are adding a lot of QB's this Off-Season.

    ,

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #13

    i think the new hybrid like a graham or evans would fill both needs (except maybe on the blocking end).

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #14

    We could probably wait later than #19 to take Maxx.

  • We could probably wait later than #19 to take Maxx.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @mld-woody said:

    We could probably wait later than #19 to take Maxx.

    i'm surprised you're not touting funchess...besides a true TE like maxx williams, funchess kinda falls into that hybrid mode with his size.

  • We could probably wait later than #19 to take Maxx.

    ConnerLangfordC ConnerLangford wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @mld-woody said:

    We could probably wait later than #19 to take Maxx.

    Yeah, but we'd probably have to trade up, and I don't like the idea of that. We don't need to give up any picks, we need as many picks as possible
  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #17

    I don't want either.

    WR are shiny hood ornaments.

    The only 2 teams to reach the Super Bowl played 8 WR's. All but 1 were undrafted. The teams that reached the Super Bowl spent their picks on OL and DL.

    As for the TE's: Gronk was a 2nd, Hoomanawanui was a 5th, Willson was a 5th, Moeaki was a 3rd.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #18

    I would be happy with Webster Slaughter and Brian Kitchen

  • I don't want either.

    WR are shiny hood ornaments.

    The only 2 teams to reach the Super Bowl played 8 WR's. All but 1 were undrafted. The teams that reached the Super Bowl spent their picks on OL and DL.

    As for the TE's: Gronk was a 2nd, Hoomanawanui was a 5th, Willson was a 5th, Moeaki was a 3rd.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @unsympathetic said:

    I don't want either.

    WR are shiny hood ornaments.

    The only 2 teams to reach the Super Bowl played 8 WR's. All but 1 were undrafted. The teams that reached the Super Bowl spent their picks on OL and DL.

    As for the TE's: Gronk was a 2nd, Hoomanawanui was a 5th, Willson was a 5th, Moeaki was a 3rd.

    You dont build a team drafting WR in the first round.

  • @mld-woody said:

    We could probably wait later than #19 to take Maxx.

    i'm surprised you're not touting funchess...besides a true TE like maxx williams, funchess kinda falls into that hybrid mode with his size.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #20

    @miktoxic said:

    i'm surprised you're not touting funchess...besides a true TE like maxx williams, funchess kinda falls into that hybrid mode with his size.

    At least a couple mock drafts had him playing that hybrid role here. Ironically his upside was energetic play and the downside questionable dedication.

    And the fact that he might not want to block.

    WSS