Sean Mannion
-
Brett Hundley looks the part of an NFL QB, and has shown he has what it takes; however, the guy has NO pocket presence. When he is pressured, he seems to freeze and take sacks. When he is protected, he is a deadly QB but when the blitz disrupts the pocket, he looks like a deer in headlights. I'd consider drafting him in the 2nd round, focusing on his high ceiling but early 2nd might be too high...
he was pressured a lot last year as the UCLA offensive line was dogshit, but he escaped a fair bit from what I've seen. There were several plays where he froze because the pocket completely fell apart as multiple defenders were getting pressure. What I like is that he still completed over 70% of his passes and clearly has the build you look for in an NFL QB.Brett Hundley looks the part of an NFL QB, and has shown he has what it takes; however, the guy has NO pocket presence. When he is pressured, he seems to freeze and take sacks. When he is protected, he is a deadly QB but when the blitz disrupts the pocket, he looks like a deer in headlights. I'd consider drafting him in the 2nd round, focusing on his high ceiling but early 2nd might be too high...
-
Mannion has terrible footwork. He's most accurate throwing off his back foot which is not a good sign. When he steps onto his throws, he becomes even less accurate. I don't think he'll even be a viable backup in the NFL without major coaching and development...
Mannion has terrible footwork. He's most accurate throwing off his back foot which is not a good sign. When he steps onto his throws, he becomes even less accurate. I don't think he'll even be a viable backup in the NFL without major coaching and development...
He's one of my favorites for a UDFA pick up.....yes, he needs coaching.....but has all the tools to be good. And, with the NFL being so enamored with running type QB's now, he is one of the few prospects that actually looks like a true life prototype pocket passer....
So, not as good as the others....and definitely not one to take early.....but 6th-7th round?...UDFA?.....I say...YES!
-
I love Petty's potential.
I know it's only workouts where we see him dropping back and throwing, but to my eye when he plants hard after a drop, his entire throwing motion improves. He snaps the ball out over-the-top better than any other prospect in this draft. And as I have written before, even the mini-drops he took after read option fakes from the pistol showed the same tightening in his game tape.
Add that I saw taped evidence of him making reads and his love of the game is clear. I love him as a Day 2 guy.
By contrast Mannion looks absolutely awful in workouts. "Gangly" is the best word I can come up with... arms and legs all over the place... but his game tape is much tighter. As mentioned above, however, he has a long, slow delivery that will be problematic.
I keep trying to get interested enough in Greyson to spend some time on him, but can't...
Not a Hundley fan... just feel like we've seen his upside already.
-
Workout's Gangly, but when the lights come on, he stands strong and deliver's. Go figure, I can't figure it out either, but I like a project at 6 or 7, than 2,3,4 or 5th Round. I am so done with QB's in this league after Luck, Even Brady was luck. Our Turn Please..
-
Speaking of gangly late round QB's.........Connor Halliday is another one.....think Derrick Anderson......except smarter.....
-
-
Tiny hands in Cle weather....PASS
-
We've had enough experience with ridiculous OSU players. Yes, both OSU's.. Robiskie was a terrible 2nd round selection.
Leave Mannion alone.. just get Stefon Diggs instead,
-
greyson is in the top 4 of QBs by many talking heads. hundley looked good to me on gruden's QB camp. haven't seen enough of the others to comment on but after winston i think even mariota falls into the same level as the others.
my hope is we keep the 12 and 19, do what we need to do there and then in the second or early third make a move on one of these other guys.
greyson is in the top 4 of QBs by many talking heads. hundley looked good to me on gruden's QB camp. haven't seen enough of the others to comment on but after winston i think even mariota falls into the same level as the others.
my hope is we keep the 12 and 19, do what we need to do there and then in the second or early third make a move on one of these other guys.
^^^This
-
Would be concerned with Hundley and Petty's arm strength after the combine.
Going back over the years here not many have success with their velocity....
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_-SienfT3umX0HKxRyQqyXM9BqHrotdcQA6W-V_pDiY/edit?pli=1#gid=9
-
Garrett Grayson has the coolest name.
WSS
-
Garrett Grayson has the coolest name.
WSS
Garrett Grayson has the coolest name.
WSS
I was thinking that he had Tarzan's name.
-
John Clayton Earl of Greystone.

You coming out today?
WSS
-
John Clayton Earl of Greystone.

You coming out today?
WSS
John Clayton Earl of Greystone.

You coming out today?
WSS
Yes....see you there.
-
Forget combine and pro day work outs and just focus on game tape... Mannion appears to be a great value for where he will be slotted in this draft. I also like Halliday a lot too... I believe both these guys have the tools to be starters in this league. I think we should look closely at both of these guys.
-
Forget combine and pro day work outs and just focus on game tape... Mannion appears to be a great value for where he will be slotted in this draft. I also like Halliday a lot too... I believe both these guys have the tools to be starters in this league. I think we should look closely at both of these guys.
Forget combine and pro day work outs and just focus on game tape... Mannion appears to be a great value for where he will be slotted in this draft. I also like Halliday a lot too... I believe both these guys have the tools to be starters in this league. I think we should look closely at both of these guys.
Well....according to this blurb, we are at least looking......
2015 NFL Combine:.... 5 takeaways from quarterback interviews....... Halliday's transition: Given that he played his ball at Washington State under spread guru Mike Leach (and previously Paul Wulff), Halliday is also making the transition from a shotgun-heavy attack. Even tougher, he's being forced to make the transition on one leg as he's still recovering from the gruesome broken ankle that abruptly ended his record-setting career with the Cougars. Halliday won't be working out this week at the Combine and may not be able to participate in Washington State's Pro Day March 12, but that doesn't mean he isn't drawing interest from teams. The highly confident and strong-armed passer said that he's already met with several clubs this week, including the Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com
-
Anyone seen much of Brandon Bridge? Greg Cosell says he's a fascinating prospect.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login