Charlie Casserly says Browns offered a first round pick for Bradford
-
I have to question anyone that wants us to trade it all away for Mariota, cause it's not gonna just our 1st round picks...those teams in the top 5 that have as serious issues as QB as we have...they're gonna make anyone come out of their pockets for those picks. It will take a multi year RG like trade to land Winston or Mariota. Can't happen. If you're a fan of the Cleveland fucking Browns there's no way you want this to happen. If you're a fan of individual players, ie jersey collectors....than you probably want a cool Mariota jersey to wear to the games next year. Not for me. Im gonna get a Kruger jersey this coming year likely cause he's earned the "privilege" to have his number worn by the great one (me).

-
-
The one thing that I draw comfort from, with the whole Mariota thing, is the fact that O'Connell has been coaching him.... therefore, the Browns should have a much clearer idea of what he can or can't do(than most teams).....and Im gonna guess that the Browns will rely heavily on O'Connells opinion...
So...whatever we opt to do (trade up....pick him at 12.....or pass), lets assume there's some up close and personal information guiding that decision.....
-
So, when the Browns actually do trade up for Mariota, will you all quit posting?
not only is there a chance I quit posting, there's a very real chance I'd be over being a Browns fan. There's just only so much one can take. I've been so die hard my entire life, no other team in any other sport has had this kind of loyalty from me. Not the cavs or the Indians, not any other sports entity. They keep shitting the bed though eventually enough is enough. So unless I learn something new, trading our draft for mariota would indicate someone is just taking a flying gamble again and that's just too much for me. It would be a clean indicator this organization has "zero" ability nor any real intention of building a real football team.
not only is there a chance I quit posting, there's a very real chance I'd be over being a Browns fan.
The Browns could intentionally spark World War III, cause the deaths of 300,000,000 people, shoot my mother and rape my dog, and I would still be a fan. You're just a Steelers convert waiting to happen. Get the fuck out, bitch.
-
not only is there a chance I quit posting, there's a very real chance I'd be over being a Browns fan.
The Browns could intentionally spark World War III, cause the deaths of 300,000,000 people, shoot my mother and rape my dog, and I would still be a fan. You're just a Steelers convert waiting to happen. Get the fuck out, bitch.
The Browns could intentionally spark World War III, cause the deaths of 300,000,000 people, shoot my mother and rape my dog, and I would still be a fan. You're just a Steelers convert waiting to happen. Get the fuck out, bitch.
It's funny that the only person that has "Cleveland fan" and "4 life" in their name is the one that's being a big ass whiny bitch.
More like Clevfanuntilimaketheswitchtopittsburgh
-
I have a hard time NOT wanting the Browns to trade up, if they can, to get Mariota. As a prospect, where would you rank him on this list (not what they have done/not done in the NFL)?
As a prospect I believe the highlighted ones were considered better:
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Twatwater
Derek Carr
EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Jimmy Clausen
Jameis Winston
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
These are the 25 top QB prospects to come out in the last 6 years. If you put them in order from top prospect to bottom, where would Mariota fall?
I have a hard time NOT wanting the Browns to trade up, if they can, to get Mariota. As a prospect, where would you rank him on this list (not what they have done/not done in the NFL)?
As a prospect I believe the highlighted ones were considered better:
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Twatwater
Derek Carr
EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Jimmy Clausen
Jameis Winston
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
These are the 25 top QB prospects to come out in the last 6 years. If you put them in order from top prospect to bottom, where would Mariota fall?
I would agree with all of those, except Bortles because I think Mariota would've been drafted ahead of him if he would have come out last year. I would also put him at a close tie with Griffin and Bradford. That being said, getting the 4th to 6th best prospect in the last 6 years would be pretty awesome.
According to the draft value chart, our 12th and 19th are worth 2075 points. The 5th and 6th picks are worth 1700 and 1600 respectively, so I'm not sure we would have to give up much else to move up for him.
-
I have a hard time NOT wanting the Browns to trade up, if they can, to get Mariota. As a prospect, where would you rank him on this list (not what they have done/not done in the NFL)?
As a prospect I believe the highlighted ones were considered better:
Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Twatwater
Derek Carr
EJ Manuel
Geno Smith
Mike Glennon
Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
Jimmy Clausen
Jameis Winston
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
These are the 25 top QB prospects to come out in the last 6 years. If you put them in order from top prospect to bottom, where would Mariota fall?
I would agree with all of those, except Bortles because I think Mariota would've been drafted ahead of him if he would have come out last year. I would also put him at a close tie with Griffin and Bradford. That being said, getting the 4th to 6th best prospect in the last 6 years would be pretty awesome.
According to the draft value chart, our 12th and 19th are worth 2075 points. The 5th and 6th picks are worth 1700 and 1600 respectively, so I'm not sure we would have to give up much else to move up for him.
I would agree with all of those, except Bortles because I think Mariota would've been drafted ahead of him if he would have come out last year. I would also put him at a close tie with Griffin and Bradford. That being said, getting the 4th to 6th best prospect in the last 6 years would be pretty awesome.
According to the draft value chart, our 12th and 19th are worth 2075 points. The 5th and 6th picks are worth 1700 and 1600 respectively, so I'm not sure we would have to give up much else to move up for him.
I think Bortles may have been rated ahead of Mariota, slightly, but it would have been close. I think most scouts see Bortles as a more protypical Pro pocket passer than Mariota, which may have given him an edge.
-
Casserly's mock draft should make every Brown's fan mad. Other mock drafts have the Jets at #6 taking Mariota. My mock draft takes Kevin White if still available and Danny Shelton or Eddie Goldman. I don't think they would mortgage the franchise like the Redskins. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Redskins took Mariota and traded RG3.
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
-
Casserly's mock draft should make every Brown's fan mad. Other mock drafts have the Jets at #6 taking Mariota. My mock draft takes Kevin White if still available and Danny Shelton or Eddie Goldman. I don't think they would mortgage the franchise like the Redskins. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Redskins took Mariota and traded RG3.
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
AKA... the sure thing...
Problem is, as has been pointed out repeatedly, picks for sure thing QBs are not traded away...
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
AKA... the sure thing...
Problem is, as has been pointed out repeatedly, picks for sure thing QBs are not traded away...
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
AKA... the sure thing...
Problem is, as has been pointed out repeatedly, picks for sure thing QBs are not traded away...
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
I don't think Mariota will be there at 12. And if he was.....honestly I would rather take a chance on Mariota over Bradford.It may be worth considering....though, like I said, I don't think anyone on the Browns thinks that Mariota would ever be there at 12. I
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
I could handle that.....though Id like that scenario a LOT more with NO and Brees.....

Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
I could handle that.....though Id like that scenario a LOT more with NO and Brees.....

Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
Well, I do respect your opinion but to make a long story short I don't see Mariota ever being good in the NFL. He's got some positives but I just really feel strongly he's never going to have the tools to adjust to the pro game. I actually don't think he's going to be injury prone or anything, btu at the end of the day it's not there for me. I really think he's going to fall at the draft but I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. As I understand his pro day was mediocre too.
To make it clear I wouldn't want this trade in the slightest. I think Bradford is almost undoubtedly going to get hurt again. It seems like the story of the Browns wanting Bradford had some legs and I don't believe for a second Chip doesn't want Marcus.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
I could handle that.....though Id like that scenario a LOT more with NO and Brees.....

Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
yeah...I know.....though I would've said the same about Graham......
just saying Id do THAT trade.....Brees and #31 for our #12
-
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
Well, I do respect your opinion but to make a long story short I don't see Mariota ever being good in the NFL. He's got some positives but I just really feel strongly he's never going to have the tools to adjust to the pro game. I actually don't think he's going to be injury prone or anything, btu at the end of the day it's not there for me. I really think he's going to fall at the draft but I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. As I understand his pro day was mediocre too.
To make it clear I wouldn't want this trade in the slightest. I think Bradford is almost undoubtedly going to get hurt again. It seems like the story of the Browns wanting Bradford had some legs and I don't believe for a second Chip doesn't want Marcus.
Well, I do respect your opinion but to make a long story short I don't see Mariota ever being good in the NFL. He's got some positives but I just really feel strongly he's never going to have the tools to adjust to the pro game. I actually don't think he's going to be injury prone or anything, btu at the end of the day it's not there for me. I really think he's going to fall at the draft but I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. As I understand his pro day was mediocre too.
To make it clear I wouldn't want this trade in the slightest. I think Bradford is almost undoubtedly going to get hurt again. It seems like the story of the Browns wanting Bradford had some legs and I don't believe for a second Chip doesn't want Marcus.
I can understand that. To each his own.
It was "confirmed" by Caplan just a bit ago that it was us that offered a pick for Bradford and that the pick was #19.
I don't know how I feel about the Eagles going for Mariota, but I just don't see them trading for Bradford unless they had some other plans in mind. I don't see Bradford as an improvement over Foles in the least.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
