Charlie Casserly says Browns offered a first round pick for Bradford
-
Casserly's mock draft should make every Brown's fan mad. Other mock drafts have the Jets at #6 taking Mariota. My mock draft takes Kevin White if still available and Danny Shelton or Eddie Goldman. I don't think they would mortgage the franchise like the Redskins. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Redskins took Mariota and traded RG3.
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
-
Casserly's mock draft should make every Brown's fan mad. Other mock drafts have the Jets at #6 taking Mariota. My mock draft takes Kevin White if still available and Danny Shelton or Eddie Goldman. I don't think they would mortgage the franchise like the Redskins. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Redskins took Mariota and traded RG3.
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
AKA... the sure thing...
Problem is, as has been pointed out repeatedly, picks for sure thing QBs are not traded away...
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
AKA... the sure thing...
Problem is, as has been pointed out repeatedly, picks for sure thing QBs are not traded away...
-
My point earlier was, unless you have a LUCK or MANNING talent coming out, there is no need to mortgage the franchise for several years of draft picks for a QB that they says "Has" potential. I don't have anything against Mariotta personally, if he's there at 19 why not.
AKA... the sure thing...
Problem is, as has been pointed out repeatedly, picks for sure thing QBs are not traded away...
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
I don't think Mariota will be there at 12. And if he was.....honestly I would rather take a chance on Mariota over Bradford.It may be worth considering....though, like I said, I don't think anyone on the Browns thinks that Mariota would ever be there at 12. I
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
I could handle that.....though Id like that scenario a LOT more with NO and Brees.....

Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
I could handle that.....though Id like that scenario a LOT more with NO and Brees.....

Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
Well, I do respect your opinion but to make a long story short I don't see Mariota ever being good in the NFL. He's got some positives but I just really feel strongly he's never going to have the tools to adjust to the pro game. I actually don't think he's going to be injury prone or anything, btu at the end of the day it's not there for me. I really think he's going to fall at the draft but I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. As I understand his pro day was mediocre too.
To make it clear I wouldn't want this trade in the slightest. I think Bradford is almost undoubtedly going to get hurt again. It seems like the story of the Browns wanting Bradford had some legs and I don't believe for a second Chip doesn't want Marcus.
-
Here's something I wonder though-Say Mariota is available at 12, how would you feel about this?
Eagles move to 12 for Mariota
We get 20 and Bradford
I dislike Bradford and have about 3% faith he'll ever play elite level, but if he did? I like that scenario better than drafting Mariota.
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
I could handle that.....though Id like that scenario a LOT more with NO and Brees.....

Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
Keep dreaming. Brees isn't going anywhere.
yeah...I know.....though I would've said the same about Graham......
just saying Id do THAT trade.....Brees and #31 for our #12
-
So you'd rather us lose 8 positions and take a guy that, in your eyes, has a 97% chance to never play at the elite level?
Why wouldn't we just stay at #12, not pick Mariota, and pick someone else? Why drop 8 positions and take a guy who is probably no better than the guy we currently have?
Further, does this mean that you think Mariota has a > 3% chance of being elite and, if so, what percent chance do you think he'll have of being elite? And, even further, what % chance did you feel RG3 had of being elite when he declared? What about Kyle Boller? What about Daunte Culpepper? What about Russell Wilson? What about Ryan Tannehill? What about Ben Roethlisberger? What about Joe Flacco? What about Aaron Rodgers?
That's the level I put Mariota at. He's no sure-thing prospect and neither were those guys. Some turned out to be franchise-level quarterbacks. Others turned out to be fizzles. However, they all had the "potential" to be franchise-level guys, yet had differing knocks against them - size, speed, intelligence, scheme, competition...each one had some sort of knock against them in some way. However, even at their worst, all of the aforementioned QB's are better than what we've had on our roster over the past fifteen years.
I don't put him at the Weeden/Manziel/Quinn/Leinart/ Losman/Grossman/McNown level. He possesses too many of the attributes and intangibles of a franchise quarterback to fail that hard.
In the most general of scouting, I value six overall attributes for a quarterback. Athletic ability, personality, production, scheme/fundamentals, intelligence and physical stature. Mariota excels in five of six of those categories.
To me, that's certainly worth a pick at #12. I'd even package both firsts to move up for him. Anything past that...it would have to be evaluated on a case-by-case situation. He's not a "give up the farm" prospect...but he's certainly not a "trade away for damaged goods" prospect either.
Well, I do respect your opinion but to make a long story short I don't see Mariota ever being good in the NFL. He's got some positives but I just really feel strongly he's never going to have the tools to adjust to the pro game. I actually don't think he's going to be injury prone or anything, btu at the end of the day it's not there for me. I really think he's going to fall at the draft but I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. As I understand his pro day was mediocre too.
To make it clear I wouldn't want this trade in the slightest. I think Bradford is almost undoubtedly going to get hurt again. It seems like the story of the Browns wanting Bradford had some legs and I don't believe for a second Chip doesn't want Marcus.
Well, I do respect your opinion but to make a long story short I don't see Mariota ever being good in the NFL. He's got some positives but I just really feel strongly he's never going to have the tools to adjust to the pro game. I actually don't think he's going to be injury prone or anything, btu at the end of the day it's not there for me. I really think he's going to fall at the draft but I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. As I understand his pro day was mediocre too.
To make it clear I wouldn't want this trade in the slightest. I think Bradford is almost undoubtedly going to get hurt again. It seems like the story of the Browns wanting Bradford had some legs and I don't believe for a second Chip doesn't want Marcus.
I can understand that. To each his own.
It was "confirmed" by Caplan just a bit ago that it was us that offered a pick for Bradford and that the pick was #19.
I don't know how I feel about the Eagles going for Mariota, but I just don't see them trading for Bradford unless they had some other plans in mind. I don't see Bradford as an improvement over Foles in the least.
-
let's not forget that our new QB coach is also Mariotas trainer and ran his pro day.....so the Browns should have a very strong insiders opinion(one way or the other) on Mariota....
I'm gonna defer to them on this one...if they pass on him, Im good with it.....and if they go after him, then Im down with that too....
-
Well, I do respect your opinion but to make a long story short I don't see Mariota ever being good in the NFL. He's got some positives but I just really feel strongly he's never going to have the tools to adjust to the pro game. I actually don't think he's going to be injury prone or anything, btu at the end of the day it's not there for me. I really think he's going to fall at the draft but I'll eat crow if I'm wrong. As I understand his pro day was mediocre too.
To make it clear I wouldn't want this trade in the slightest. I think Bradford is almost undoubtedly going to get hurt again. It seems like the story of the Browns wanting Bradford had some legs and I don't believe for a second Chip doesn't want Marcus.
I can understand that. To each his own.
It was "confirmed" by Caplan just a bit ago that it was us that offered a pick for Bradford and that the pick was #19.
I don't know how I feel about the Eagles going for Mariota, but I just don't see them trading for Bradford unless they had some other plans in mind. I don't see Bradford as an improvement over Foles in the least.
I can understand that. To each his own.
It was "confirmed" by Caplan just a bit ago that it was us that offered a pick for Bradford and that the pick was #19.
I don't know how I feel about the Eagles going for Mariota, but I just don't see them trading for Bradford unless they had some other plans in mind. I don't see Bradford as an improvement over Foles in the least.
And see that's the thing-on its face the Bradford for Foles trade makes little to no sense to me. It seems like Chip thinks Bradford is a better trade bait which maybe he is, I don't know. Of course using the Occam's Razor approach maybe he just thinks Foles had a fluke year and Bradford is better.
It's hard not to look at the situation and think there's a much bigger plan to include Mariota.
-
Two firsts for a qb in a meager qb draft?
Not happenin. Bank on it.
Not again, hopefully.
The Browns "gave up" much more than 2 First Round Picks to draft Tim Couch (the best of a weak QB class).
How did that work out?
I hope that lesson has been learned, although I understand it is a different organization.
-
There has only ever been one "sure thing".

In the real, awake world, Gip, somebody CAN actually fck up a wet dream.
-
Two firsts for a qb in a meager qb draft?
Not happenin. Bank on it.
Not again, hopefully.
The Browns "gave up" much more than 2 First Round Picks to draft Tim Couch (the best of a weak QB class).
How did that work out?
I hope that lesson has been learned, although I understand it is a different organization.
Not again, hopefully.
The Browns "gave up" much more than 2 First Round Picks to draft Tim Couch (the best of a weak QB class).
How did that work out?
I hope that lesson has been learned, although I understand it is a different organization.
What did they give up to get Couch?
Couch is still one of the highest rated QB prospects entering the NFL of the last 20 years. Put him on a team that doesn't suck absolute shit, and he's probably a top-10 QB and franchise-level guy.
-
Not again, hopefully.
The Browns "gave up" much more than 2 First Round Picks to draft Tim Couch (the best of a weak QB class).
How did that work out?
I hope that lesson has been learned, although I understand it is a different organization.
What did they give up to get Couch?
Couch is still one of the highest rated QB prospects entering the NFL of the last 20 years. Put him on a team that doesn't suck absolute shit, and he's probably a top-10 QB and franchise-level guy.
What did they give up to get Couch?
Couch is still one of the highest rated QB prospects entering the NFL of the last 20 years. Put him on a team that doesn't suck absolute shit, and he's probably a top-10 QB and franchise-level guy.
If only "Ifs and But's" were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.
-
What did they give up to get Couch?
Couch is still one of the highest rated QB prospects entering the NFL of the last 20 years. Put him on a team that doesn't suck absolute shit, and he's probably a top-10 QB and franchise-level guy.
If only "Ifs and But's" were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.
If only "Ifs and But's" were candy and nuts, every day would be Christmas.
More appropriate for a Bengals fan, I'd say...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login