Skip to content

Post FA First-Pick Mock drafts

The Browns Board
161 26 5.7k
  • You know, you guys can proclaim that my ideas are garbage or I'm a kiss of death on talent evaluation. But, I don't let what you guys say affect my thoughts process. I stand by my judgment of both McCoy and Richardson. Oakland picked up Trent on the cheap, an angry and determined young player that has all the physical talent in the world. McCoy was retained by Washington once again because Gruden believes in his talent and abilities. I saw McCoy step up over Robert Griffin and Cousins and ball out last year, he's certainly better than Brian Hoyer or any other option we've trotted out there since our FO shoved Weeden down our throats.

    Just for some of you who think Colt has a noodle arm and not to get off topic but whatever.

    Like I said, you can say what you want but I've been consistent in my analysis on player talent, I don't let off the field things alter my judgment. That is not my department, I generally believe that people are good in nature and can change for the better under the right tutelage and circumstance. I give second chances and the benefit of the doubt in life. It's not my job to judge, that is for God to do, what I do is find talent that would help us win NFL Championships. DGB is one of those players that would accelerate that process.

  • Watch the damn interview and then come back and tell me he isn't a changed person... you don't think that he is worth a shot?

    I know many Haters will proclaim that he isn't worth the chance, I bet those same people will not even take the time that it takes to watch the interviews to make an honest assessment, but would rather spend TWICE the time ignorantly talking trash. He regrets what happened to him. There is no doubt that he is the most talented receiver in this draft.

  • i'm sure i can pull up a josh gordon or justin blackmon vid on youtube where they say the same exact thing.

    hell we just saw it come out of manziel's mouth last week.

    same publicist i guess.

  • You guys are talking about issues that happened 2 years ago. He's been incident free for some time.

  • Watch the damn interview and then come back and tell me he isn't a changed person... you don't think that he is worth a shot?

    I know many Haters will proclaim that he isn't worth the chance, I bet those same people will not even take the time that it takes to watch the interviews to make an honest assessment, but would rather spend TWICE the time ignorantly talking trash. He regrets what happened to him. There is no doubt that he is the most talented receiver in this draft.

    @poeticg said:

    There is no doubt that he is the most talented receiver in this draft.

    I will agree that he is right at the top in terms of talent....but still wouldnt pick him......

  • randy gregory is talented as hell too, but would you want to have to babysit gordon, beckham and him in NYC on the friday night before the season opener?

  • Poetic would have drafted Ryan Leaf.

    "He's so talented"

    really, really stupid.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Leaf

  • he's like buying a super high risk stock......1 of 2 things will happen.....

    1) You score HUGE and he's a low cost super star (think Randy Moss)

    2) You lose your investment and he completely flames out (think Josh Gordon)

    Its 50/50 even money at best.....only 30% ever make it and he's on the unlikely end....so 20/80?....dunno

    I prefer to draft something more like 90/10 or 80/20 or 70/30 please

  • The Browns haven't drafted a WR high since Braylon Edwards. We've wasted picks on Momass and Robo. We burned a second rounder on Gordon. We used a second on Greg Little... Take the opportunity to seize what is in front of us and bring Cleveland a legitimate #1 WR in DGB! I don't believe the propaganda against him, I don't believe that he's a sinister individual, plagued by bad decisions. Sometimes shit happens, but I also think that young people can learn a lot from their mistakes, I believe that DGB is going to be a better player because of this.

    There are legitimate teams that are salivating at the opportunity to draft this kid at the top of the first round. Why continue to let the rich get richer. I keep hearing how dangerous he'd be if he went to the Patriots or the Packers or Seattle... why, why not us? Give Manziel a player like Mike Evans, a true physical specimen that can high point a ball and go up and get it. DGB will take the top off the defense, will scare defensive backs and open up the field for Hawkins, Bowe and Hartline to get open and make plays. It will be a most epic spectacle.

  • I can't deal with this shit for the next 8 months.

  • The Browns haven't drafted a WR high since Braylon Edwards. We've wasted picks on Momass and Robo. We burned a second rounder on Gordon. We used a second on Greg Little... Take the opportunity to seize what is in front of us and bring Cleveland a legitimate #1 WR in DGB! I don't believe the propaganda against him, I don't believe that he's a sinister individual, plagued by bad decisions. Sometimes shit happens, but I also think that young people can learn a lot from their mistakes, I believe that DGB is going to be a better player because of this.

    There are legitimate teams that are salivating at the opportunity to draft this kid at the top of the first round. Why continue to let the rich get richer. I keep hearing how dangerous he'd be if he went to the Patriots or the Packers or Seattle... why, why not us? Give Manziel a player like Mike Evans, a true physical specimen that can high point a ball and go up and get it. DGB will take the top off the defense, will scare defensive backs and open up the field for Hawkins, Bowe and Hartline to get open and make plays. It will be a most epic spectacle.

    @poeticg said:

    The Browns haven't drafted a WR high since Braylon Edwards. We've wasted picks on Momass and Robo. We burned a second rounder on Gordon. We used a second on Greg Little...

    Take the opportunity to seize what is in front of us and bring Cleveland a legitimate #1 WR in DGB!. .....why not us? Give Manziel a player like Mike Evans

    Sometimes shit happens

    #1) You just listed 5 total bust WR's that we drafted high, to reinforce your argument that we should draft a WR high (insanity?)

    #2) Take the opportunity?.....seize what is in front of us?......Give Manziel a player?.....YOU do realize that we are not the ones making that choice, right?......why work so hard to convince us, when Farmer is the one you should be prodding....

    #3) "Sometimes" shit happens ?....I say....EXACTLY!......

    .....and shit seems to happen pretty often with DGB......

  • Your score is: 7594 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 24 (ARI): Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.) (A­)

    Round 2 Pick 23 (ARI): Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 13: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (A­)

    Round 4 Pick 12: Hau'oli Kikaha, OLB/DE, Washington (A)

    Round 4 Pick 16: Anthony Chickillo, DE, Miami (Fla.) (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Terrance Magee, RB, LSU (A)

    Round 6 Pick 13: Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse (A)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana­Monroe (A)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)



    Would not mind this one 🙂

  • I know its unpopular, but I really like the idea of taking Landon Collins....think we need depth at SS, just as much as some other spots and this guys a good one......

  • another casserly doozie:

    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/charley-casserly/245609

    he states the browns give picks to washington (obv #12) but i'd like to know what else they give up?

  • A couple of trade backs, keep building that roster!

    Your score is: 7456 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 28 (DEN): Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)

    Round 2 Pick 27 (DEN): Shaq Thompson, OLB/SS, Washington (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 15 (S.F.): Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (😎

    Round 3 Pick 28 (DEN): B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 12: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A+)

    Round 4 Pick 16: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)

    Round 4 Pick 27 (S.F.): Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A­)

    Round 5 Pick 15 (S.F.): Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 13: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana­Monroe (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford (A+)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State (A)

    Your Future Picks: 2016 Round 1 Pick 2017 Round 1 Pic

  • A couple of trade backs, keep building that roster!

    Your score is: 7456 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 28 (DEN): Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)

    Round 2 Pick 27 (DEN): Shaq Thompson, OLB/SS, Washington (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 15 (S.F.): Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (😎

    Round 3 Pick 28 (DEN): B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 12: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A+)

    Round 4 Pick 16: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)

    Round 4 Pick 27 (S.F.): Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A­)

    Round 5 Pick 15 (S.F.): Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 13: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana­Monroe (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford (A+)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State (A)

    Your Future Picks: 2016 Round 1 Pick 2017 Round 1 Pic

    @londonbrown said:

    A couple of trade backs, keep building that roster!

    Your score is: 7456 (GRADE: A)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A+)

    Round 1 Pick 28 (DEN): Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (A+)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)

    Round 2 Pick 27 (DEN): Shaq Thompson, OLB/SS, Washington (A+)

    Round 3 Pick 15 (S.F.): Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State ( 😎

    Round 3 Pick 28 (DEN): B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 12: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (A+)

    Round 4 Pick 16: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)

    Round 4 Pick 27 (S.F.): Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Charles Gaines, CB, Louisville (A­)

    Round 5 Pick 15 (S.F.): Kenny Bell, WR, Nebraska (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 13: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana­Monroe (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Jordan Richards, SS, Stanford (A+)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State (A)

    Your Future Picks: 2016 Round 1 Pick 2017 Round 1 Pic

    great draft!

    dunno if peat will make it to 28 though.....otherwise i like all the players there.

    to come away with both peat and haverstein would be awesome.

  • I vote for London's mock draft.

  • Just hope we trade back at least once in this draft, whether we defer picks to next year or not. Get as many picks and players as possible, draft BPA, you WILL get there eventually.

  • Trade back a few spots is an option I like for first round, if we can get another 2nd or something.....

    BUT, dont really want "more" picks, cause I think 10 is a lot(and that many picks cant make this team)....so Id also like to see a trade "forward" with some of our later picks to either get another early pick or add to next years bunch....

    I could easily settle on 2 firsts - 2 seconds - 3 thirds and Im out....(with some extras for 2016)