Skip to content

Post FA First-Pick Mock drafts

The Browns Board
161 26 5.7k
  • LB-you had a shot at Williams and took another QB?? You are definitely a Brown. 😛😁😆

    Here-fixed it for ya.

    Your score is: 5965 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 2 (TENN): Leonard Williams, DT/DE, Southern California (A)
    Round 2 Pick 1 (TENN): Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 13: Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (😎
    Round 4 Pick 12: Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 16: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)
    Round 5 Pick 11: Andy Gallik, C, Boston College (A)
    Round 6 Pick 13: Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina ©
    Round 6 Pick 26: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe (A)
    Round 7 Pick 12: Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State (A)

    @texasag1969 said:

    LB-you had a shot at Williams and took another QB?? You are definitely a Brown. 😛😁😆

    I don't like Williams

    We need a QB, it's gone on long enough!

  • Ain't shit changed for my mock. Other then watching Nate Orchard handle his run game responsibilities better in the Senior Bowl, I have every confidence taking him higher.

    Once I got Shelton, I accepted a trade down from Zona'. I don't mind trading down to an NFC team. Grabbed Orchard and from there it was a good blend of BPA meeting need.

    I meant to click on Bryce Petty and grabbed Grayson instead, don't ask me how... I wanted Petty though, my B.

    Devin gives us speed on the outside. I noticed Heurman has shot up draft boards to a 3rd round prospect. Also, Max Valles has gone from fringe 6th-UDFA to as high as 4th-5th round in some cases. You're welcome, NFL. Rowe and Gunter are my safety candidates. Leonard is gone, also want another just in case someone gets hurt...

    Finney and O'Leary are good offensive compliments in the 4th & 5th, figured I'd give Varga a shot and Barnes is a pure developmental prospect.

    Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
    Round 1 Pick 24 (ARI): Nate Orchard, OLB/DE, Utah (C+)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 23 (ARI): Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 13: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (B-)
    Round 4 Pick 12: Eric Rowe, CB/FS, Utah ( 😎
    Round 4 Pick 16: B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 11: Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State (A-)
    Round 6 Pick 13: Ladarius Gunter, CB, Miami (Fla.) ( 😎
    Round 6 Pick 26: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale (A)
    Round 7 Pick 12: Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State (C+)

  • 12th Pick : Malcom Brown, DT Texas

    19th Pick : Eli Harold, OLB Virginia

    43rd Pick : Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

    77th Pick : Paul Dawson, ILB TCU

    108th Pick : Nick O'Leary, TE Florida State

    112th Pick : BJ Finney, C Kansas State

    139th Pick : Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas

    173rd Pick : Adrian Amos, S Penn State

    190th Pick : Bryan Bennett, QB Southern Louisiana

    207th Pick : Jared Roberts, K Colorado State

  • #12 Danny Shelton, DT WASH.

    #19 Andrus Peat, OT STANFORD

    #43 Jaelen Strong, WR AZ ST

    #77 Garrett Grayson, QB COLORADO

    #108 Trey Flowers, DE ARK

    #112 Tyler Kroft, TE, RUTGERS

    #139 Max Garcia, OC FLORIDA

    #173 Taiwan Jones, ILB MICH ST

    #186 Evan Spencer, WR OSU

    #204 Jalston Fowler FB ALABAMA

    I will shop for a kicker

  • those mocks are great but highly unlikely. shelton is top ten as well as peat.

    AG, what's your fascination with beckham? sure he's got talent out the wazoo but we already have a WR who get's in trouble that won't play a game this year. why add another?

  • those mocks are great but highly unlikely. shelton is top ten as well as peat.

    AG, what's your fascination with beckham? sure he's got talent out the wazoo but we already have a WR who get's in trouble that won't play a game this year. why add another?

    @miktoxic said:

    those mocks are great but highly unlikely. shelton is top ten as well as peat.

    AG, what's your fascination with beckham? sure he's got talent out the wazoo but we already have a WR who get's in trouble that won't play a game this year. why add another?

    G-B has more potential to turn into another Andre Johnson/Megatron than anyone out there. Speed, size, hands, strength and moves. I'd risk it. Keep track of him wherever he goes and I bet what I say occurs within the first two years if not the first.

  • Greene Beckham might just be the best wide receiver in this draft. At least by #12 or #19.

  • @miktoxic said:

    those mocks are great but highly unlikely. shelton is top ten as well as peat.

    AG, what's your fascination with beckham? sure he's got talent out the wazoo but we already have a WR who get's in trouble that won't play a game this year. why add another?

    G-B has more potential to turn into another Andre Johnson/Megatron than anyone out there. Speed, size, hands, strength and moves. I'd risk it. Keep track of him wherever he goes and I bet what I say occurs within the first two years if not the first.

    @texasag1969 said:

    G-B has more potential to turn into another Andre Johnson/Megatron than anyone out there. Speed, size, hands, strength and moves. I'd risk it. Keep track of him wherever he goes and I bet what I say occurs within the first two years if not the first.

    Two very different receivers to have the potential to recreate...

  • Your score is: 6860 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 15 (S.F.): Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)
    Round 1 Pick 25 (CAR): Arik Armstead, DT/DE, Oregon ( B+ )
    Round 2 Pick 11: Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 14 (S.F.): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (B-)
    Round 2 Pick 25 (CAR): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.) (C+)
    Round 3 Pick 13: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 12: Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB/DE, Louisville (B+)
    Round 4 Pick 16: B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 11: James Sample, SS, Louisville (B+)
    Round 6 Pick 13: Jake Ryan, OLB/ILB, Michigan (B-)
    Round 6 Pick 26: Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 12: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe (A)

    Didn't expect to spend as many high picks on offense, but when Mariota was STILL there after trading down with SF, I couldn't resist.

  • Your score is: 6886 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 12: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 3 (OAK): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (B+)
    Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 4 (OAK): Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State (A-)
    Round 3 Pick 5 (WASH): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (B-)
    Round 4 Pick 12: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (A-)
    Round 4 Pick 28 (DAL): B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)
    Round 5 Pick 11: Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (😎
    Round 5 Pick 12 (N.O.): Markus Golden, OLB/ILB, Missouri (😎

  • Compensatory picks are now included in FirstPick sim...

  • New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.

    Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.

    Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.

    Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.

    Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)

    Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)

    Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)

    Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)

  • New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.

    Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.

    Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.

    Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.

    Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)

    Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)

    Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)

    Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)

    @tour2ma said:

    New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.

    Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.

    Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.

    Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.

    Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)

    Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)

    Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)

    Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)

    I would be happy if that draft translated to the real one 🙂 ...only thing missing is a TE

  • @tour2ma said:

    New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.

    Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.

    Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.

    Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.

    Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:

    Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)

    Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)

    Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)

    Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)

    Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)

    Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)

    Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)

    Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)

    Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)

    I would be happy if that draft translated to the real one 🙂 ...only thing missing is a TE

    @darren15 said:

    I would be happy if that draft translated to the real one 🙂 ...only thing missing is a TE

    As different as it looks from any draft I would have planned, I like it as well... And even if MM did not pan out, I'd still be OK with the draft as a whole and reload for another QB try next year, if need be.

    Hagar and my other Day 3 ILB, Heeney, have really taken the pressure off reaching for an ILB early.

    • Score 7228 A- No Trades--- 12. DT Shelton A, 19. OT Peat A- 43.OLB Harold A-, 77. OG A. Marpet A,111. TE J. James B+,115. WR J. Hardy A,147. DE/OLB Cedric Reed A,188. FB T. Varga A, 201. K- J. Manton A, 229. ILB T. DePriest C+ ... Not Fail for Cardell Jones but Pre-Draft for C. Jones in 2016.. No Winston or Mariota or backup QB needed, wait for the Cleveland Kid 12 Gauge...
  • Your score is: 7084 (GRADE: A-)

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
    Round 1 Pick 19: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
    Round 2 Pick 11: Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (A)
    Round 3 Pick 17 (BUF): Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A)
    Round 4 Pick 12: B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)
    Round 4 Pick 16: Jesse James, TE, Penn State (A-)
    Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor ©
    Round 6 Pick 15 (MIA): Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina (😎
    Round 6 Pick 26: Martrell Spaight, OLB, Arkansas (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 1 (T.B.): Deshazor Everett, CB, Texas A&M (A-)
    Round 7 Pick 12: Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina (C+)
    Round 7 Pick 17 (BUF): Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe (A)

    Started off OK and screwed it up a little in the middle

  • No way Devin Smith is still around at Rd 3 pick 13 lol

  • No way Devin Smith is still around at Rd 3 pick 13 lol

    @mld-woody said:

    No way Devin Smith is still around at Rd 3 pick 13 lol

    Wouldn't be so sure. He's nearly tumbled out of the top 50 in every mock I've seen.

  • Why, what changed?

  • Why, what changed?

    @mld-woody said:

    Why, what changed?

    Tape. As more scouts get a look at him they'll see he's been basically a deep threat but hasn't seen much action in intermediate routes. I'll admit there is a part of his route tree that needs to be worked on. Because of that he's tumbled a bit and more teams want WR's that can come in and ball out if you're picked in the 1 or 2nd rounds. Devin is a guy that will need a little bit of time. A big reason why I think he would be such a great fit in Cleveland. He could come in, learn from 2 of the better route runners in the NFL with Hartline and Hawk. Contribute as a 3rd/4th receiver, vertical threat and on special teams as a badass gunner.