Post FA First-Pick Mock drafts
-
Your score is: 6886 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)
Round 2 Pick 3 (OAK): A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina (A-)
Round 2 Pick 11: Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (B+)
Round 2 Pick 28 (DAL): Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 4 (OAK): Mario Edwards, DE, Florida State (A-)
Round 3 Pick 5 (WASH): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (B-)
Round 4 Pick 12: Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (A-)
Round 4 Pick 28 (DAL): B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia (
Round 5 Pick 12 (N.O.): Markus Golden, OLB/ILB, Missouri (
-
New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.
Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.
Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.
Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.
Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)
Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)
-
New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.
Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.
Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.
Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.
Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)
Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)
New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.
Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.
Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.
Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.
Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)
Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)
I would be happy if that draft translated to the real one
...only thing missing is a TE -
New high for me... fell into some BPAs early and late that filled needs.
Struggled with the Collins pick, but with his size and ferocious run support I think he can pull off a hybrid LB role in Pet's scheme. At least Pet's scheme as laid out in Mud's analysis. Fills this role while he studies under Whitner to be his eventual replacement.
Then I went and got the last really good CB prospect who somehow fell into Day 3... and only cost me a 6th.
Only do over I'd like is Jones in Rnd 6. Probably is there in the 7th and since I think he's a FB candidate, I nearly duplicated him by picking Neighors in the 7th.
Your score is: 7210 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Landon Collins, SS, Alabama (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (A)
Round 4 Pick 7 (CHI): Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor (B+)
Round 6 Pick 26: Matt Jones, RB, Florida (A)
Round 7 Pick 12: Conner Neighbors, FB, LSU (C-)
I would be happy if that draft translated to the real one
...only thing missing is a TEI would be happy if that draft translated to the real one
...only thing missing is a TEAs different as it looks from any draft I would have planned, I like it as well... And even if MM did not pan out, I'd still be OK with the draft as a whole and reload for another QB try next year, if need be.
Hagar and my other Day 3 ILB, Heeney, have really taken the pressure off reaching for an ILB early.
-
- Score 7228 A- No Trades--- 12. DT Shelton A, 19. OT Peat A- 43.OLB Harold A-, 77. OG A. Marpet A,111. TE J. James B+,115. WR J. Hardy A,147. DE/OLB Cedric Reed A,188. FB T. Varga A, 201. K- J. Manton A, 229. ILB T. DePriest C+ ... Not Fail for Cardell Jones but Pre-Draft for C. Jones in 2016.. No Winston or Mariota or backup QB needed, wait for the Cleveland Kid 12 Gauge...
-
Your score is: 7084 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
Round 1 Pick 19: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Eric Kendricks, ILB/OLB, UCLA (A)
Round 3 Pick 17 (BUF): Arie Kouandjio, OG, Alabama (A)
Round 4 Pick 12: B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A)
Round 4 Pick 16: Jesse James, TE, Penn State (A-)
Round 5 Pick 11: Bryce Hager, ILB, Baylor
Round 6 Pick 15 (MIA): Corey Robinson, OT, South Carolina (
Round 6 Pick 26: Martrell Spaight, OLB, Arkansas (A-)
Round 7 Pick 1 (T.B.): Deshazor Everett, CB, Texas A&M (A-)
Round 7 Pick 12: Shane Carden, QB, East Carolina (C+)
Round 7 Pick 17 (BUF): Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe (A)Started off OK and screwed it up a little in the middle
-
No way Devin Smith is still around at Rd 3 pick 13 lol
-
No way Devin Smith is still around at Rd 3 pick 13 lol
Wouldn't be so sure. He's nearly tumbled out of the top 50 in every mock I've seen.
-
Why, what changed?
-
Why, what changed?
Tape. As more scouts get a look at him they'll see he's been basically a deep threat but hasn't seen much action in intermediate routes. I'll admit there is a part of his route tree that needs to be worked on. Because of that he's tumbled a bit and more teams want WR's that can come in and ball out if you're picked in the 1 or 2nd rounds. Devin is a guy that will need a little bit of time. A big reason why I think he would be such a great fit in Cleveland. He could come in, learn from 2 of the better route runners in the NFL with Hartline and Hawk. Contribute as a 3rd/4th receiver, vertical threat and on special teams as a badass gunner.
-
Why, what changed?
Tape. As more scouts get a look at him they'll see he's been basically a deep threat but hasn't seen much action in intermediate routes. I'll admit there is a part of his route tree that needs to be worked on. Because of that he's tumbled a bit and more teams want WR's that can come in and ball out if you're picked in the 1 or 2nd rounds. Devin is a guy that will need a little bit of time. A big reason why I think he would be such a great fit in Cleveland. He could come in, learn from 2 of the better route runners in the NFL with Hartline and Hawk. Contribute as a 3rd/4th receiver, vertical threat and on special teams as a badass gunner.
Tape. As more scouts get a look at him they'll see he's been basically a deep threat but hasn't seen much action in intermediate routes. I'll admit there is a part of his route tree that needs to be worked on. Because of that he's tumbled a bit and more teams want WR's that can come in and ball out if you're picked in the 1 or 2nd rounds. Devin is a guy that will need a little bit of time. A big reason why I think he would be such a great fit in Cleveland. He could come in, learn from 2 of the better route runners in the NFL with Hartline and Hawk. Contribute as a 3rd/4th receiver, vertical threat and on special teams as a badass gunner.
So basically what we were saying weeks ago on here. Amazing the NFL scouts didn't know. You think they'd pay attention to teams like OSU. I just remember hearing how he was on the way up after the combine, but now he's going back to where he was.
-
Well this may shake things up a bit.
And I think they changed their grading system to reflect a higher grade.
Your score is: 7572 (GRADE: A)
Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 12: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia (A)
Round 1 Pick 19: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)
Round 2 Pick 11: Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (A-)
Round 3 Pick 13: Reese Dismukes, C, Auburn (A)
Round 4 Pick 12: Ben Koyack, TE, Notre Dame (A-)
Round 4 Pick 16: David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (A)
Round 5 Pick 11: Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (B+)
Round 6 Pick 13: Matt Jones, RB, Florida
Round 6 Pick 26: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe (A)
Round 7 Pick 12: Kyle Loomis, P, Portland State (A) -
No way Devin Smith is still around at Rd 3 pick 13 lol
Wouldn't be so sure. He's nearly tumbled out of the top 50 in every mock I've seen.
Wouldn't be so sure. He's nearly tumbled out of the top 50 in every mock I've seen.
Nearly....but not really.....just last week he was pushing close to cracking the first round...his FRX is 47 right now, which is where it's been for 2 months now, except for a recent spike(just last week) where he almost pushed into the first round(32.5)
Tape. As more scouts get a look at him they'll see he's been basically (used as) a deep threat but hasn't seen much action in intermediate routes. I'll admit there is a part of his route tree that needs to be worked on(hasn't been seen) Because of that he's tumbled a bit and more teams want WR's that can come in and ball out if you're picked in the 1 or 2nd rounds.
Im not sure I agree that scouts are just now seeing him and realizing he was primarily a deep ball receiver. Cmon, thats old news....not some new revelation.....
Im certain he'll go in the second round, and most likely in the top half.....and I think there is an outside chance he even gets tapped late 1st.......maybe by Baltimore or New England??.....
In the end, you can teach someone to run short and intermediate routes(there are a million WR's who can do this)....but, I think, all teams are looking for someone to stretch the D and hit the long ball...which is something you cant teach, yet all teams want....so, it makes sense that someone will take a chance because he has that one unique talent that no other receiver in this draft has shown....the ability to make the big play consistently.....
-
Mariota happened to fall to 12 both times, so I went with it:Round 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)Round 2 Pick 11: Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB/DE, Louisville (D+)Round 3 Pick 13: Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A)Round 3 Pick 20 (PHI): Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma (B+)Round 4 Pick 12: B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A-)Round 4 Pick 16: Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers (
Round 5 Pick 11: Junior Sylvestre, OLB/ILB, Toledo (F)Round 6 Pick 13: Joey Mbu, DT, Houston (C-)Round 6 Pick 26: Justin Manton, K, Louisiana-Monroe (A)Round 7 Pick 12: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (A)ORRound 1 Pick 12: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon (A)Round 1 Pick 20 (PHI): Malcom Brown, DT, Texas (A)Round 2 Pick 11: Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia (A-)Round 3 Pick 20 (PHI): Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (A)Round 3 Pick 32 (N.E.): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (A)Round 4 Pick 2 (N.E.): B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (B+)Round 4 Pick 12: Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers (
Round 4 Pick 16: Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State (B+)Round 5 Pick 11: Chris Conley, WR, Georgia (B-) -
Wouldn't be so sure. He's nearly tumbled out of the top 50 in every mock I've seen.
Nearly....but not really.....just last week he was pushing close to cracking the first round...his FRX is 47 right now, which is where it's been for 2 months now, except for a recent spike(just last week) where he almost pushed into the first round(32.5)
Tape. As more scouts get a look at him they'll see he's been basically (used as) a deep threat but hasn't seen much action in intermediate routes. I'll admit there is a part of his route tree that needs to be worked on(hasn't been seen) Because of that he's tumbled a bit and more teams want WR's that can come in and ball out if you're picked in the 1 or 2nd rounds.
Im not sure I agree that scouts are just now seeing him and realizing he was primarily a deep ball receiver. Cmon, thats old news....not some new revelation.....
Im certain he'll go in the second round, and most likely in the top half.....and I think there is an outside chance he even gets tapped late 1st.......maybe by Baltimore or New England??.....
In the end, you can teach someone to run short and intermediate routes(there are a million WR's who can do this)....but, I think, all teams are looking for someone to stretch the D and hit the long ball...which is something you cant teach, yet all teams want....so, it makes sense that someone will take a chance because he has that one unique talent that no other receiver in this draft has shown....the ability to make the big play consistently.....
Nearly....but not really.....just last week he was pushing close to cracking the first round...his FRX is 47 right now, which is where it's been for 2 months now, except for a recent spike(just last week) where he almost pushed into the first round(32.5)
Im not sure I agree that scouts are just now seeing him and realizing he was primarily a deep ball receiver. Cmon, thats old news....not some new revelation.....
Im certain he'll go in the second round, and most likely in the top half.....and I think there is an outside chance he even gets tapped late 1st.......maybe by Baltimore or New England??.....
In the end, you can teach someone to run short and intermediate routes(there are a million WR's who can do this)....but, I think, all teams are looking for someone to stretch the D and hit the long ball...which is something you cant teach, yet all teams want....so, it makes sense that someone will take a chance because he has that one unique talent that no other receiver in this draft has shown....the ability to make the big play consistently.....
I won't disagree and I don't think Devin makes it past pick 50 myself. However there are just as many fast players in the NFL and if you can't threaten them with the entirety of a route tree then just telling a player to go vertical every time he's on the field will make your offense that much more ineffective.
-
I would be much happier with this one, except for the fact that it would be ridiculous for us to get 9 picks in the first 4 rounds.
I went for ceiling moreso than need, hence me taking 4 defensive linemen, two TE's and two WR's when we clearly won't do that.Round 1 Pick 12: Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)Round 1 Pick 27 (DAL): Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (B+)Round 2 Pick 11: Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA (A-)Round 3 Pick 1 (T.B.): Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State (B-)Round 3 Pick 13: Jeff Heuerman, TE, Ohio State (
Round 3 Pick 27 (DAL): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (A-)Round 4 Pick 10 (T.B.): Lorenzo Mauldin, OLB/DE, Louisville (A-)Round 4 Pick 12: B.J. Finney, C, Kansas State (A-)Round 4 Pick 16: Lynden Trail, DE/TE, Norfolk State (A)Round 5 Pick 11: Jordan Hicks, OLB, Texas (B+)Round 5 Pick 26 (T.B.): Chris Conley, WR, Georgia (B+)Round 6 Pick 13: Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama (D-)Round 6 Pick 26: Hayes Pullard, ILB, Southern California (B+)Round 7 Pick 12: Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland (A-) -
Round 1 Pick 15 (S.F.): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
Round 1 Pick 27 (DAL): Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (

Round 2 Pick 11: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (CINN): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (B-)
Round 2 Pick 22 (DET): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.)

Round 3 Pick 13: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 16 (K.C.): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (D-)
Round 4 Pick 12: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale

Round 4 Pick 16: Lynden Trail, DE/TE, Norfolk State (A)
Round 4 Pick 19 (K.C.): Mitch Morse, OT/OG, Missouri (D+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Niklas Sade, K, North Carolina State (F)
Round 6 Pick 13: Erick Dargan, SS, Oregon (C-)
Round 7 Pick 12: Corey Grant, RB, Auburn (D)
Your Future Picks:
2016 Round 1 Pick
2017 Round 1 Pick
I took both QBs. With Manziel, McCown, Shaw, Petty, Grayson and Lewis... there has to be a QB in there somewhere.
I took the Big DT that everyone wants... and put Denzel Perryman behind him to light fools up.
I picked up the best TE in the draft, face it, we need him since Cameron left us.
I picked a fast WR and and a couple big uglies for the OL.
A MONSTER at FB. Vargas will look good leading the way for West, Crowell and Grant to TDs. Grant is lightning in a bottle.
Lynden Trail is like 6'7" tall and a former basketball player... jumpball bitches.
I see that Dargan is a smart Safety. Someone to beef up and train to take Whitners spot in the future?
I just grabbed a kicker, I don't know who is a good kicker right now..
-
Round 1 Pick 15 (S.F.): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
Round 1 Pick 27 (DAL): Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (

Round 2 Pick 11: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (CINN): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (B-)
Round 2 Pick 22 (DET): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.)

Round 3 Pick 13: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 16 (K.C.): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (D-)
Round 4 Pick 12: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale

Round 4 Pick 16: Lynden Trail, DE/TE, Norfolk State (A)
Round 4 Pick 19 (K.C.): Mitch Morse, OT/OG, Missouri (D+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Niklas Sade, K, North Carolina State (F)
Round 6 Pick 13: Erick Dargan, SS, Oregon (C-)
Round 7 Pick 12: Corey Grant, RB, Auburn (D)
Your Future Picks:
2016 Round 1 Pick
2017 Round 1 Pick
I took both QBs. With Manziel, McCown, Shaw, Petty, Grayson and Lewis... there has to be a QB in there somewhere.
I took the Big DT that everyone wants... and put Denzel Perryman behind him to light fools up.
I picked up the best TE in the draft, face it, we need him since Cameron left us.
I picked a fast WR and and a couple big uglies for the OL.
A MONSTER at FB. Vargas will look good leading the way for West, Crowell and Grant to TDs. Grant is lightning in a bottle.
Lynden Trail is like 6'7" tall and a former basketball player... jumpball bitches.
I see that Dargan is a smart Safety. Someone to beef up and train to take Whitners spot in the future?
I just grabbed a kicker, I don't know who is a good kicker right now..
Round 1 Pick 15 (S.F.): Danny Shelton, DT, Washington (A)
Round 1 Pick 27 (DAL): Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (

Round 2 Pick 11: Breshad Perriman, WR, UCF (A)
Round 2 Pick 21 (CINN): Ali Marpet, OG, Hobart & William Smith (B-)
Round 2 Pick 22 (DET): Denzel Perryman, ILB/OLB, Miami (Fla.)

Round 3 Pick 13: Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (B-)
Round 3 Pick 16 (K.C.): Bryce Petty, QB, Baylor (D-)
Round 4 Pick 12: Tyler Varga, FB, Yale

Round 4 Pick 16: Lynden Trail, DE/TE, Norfolk State (A)
Round 4 Pick 19 (K.C.): Mitch Morse, OT/OG, Missouri (D+)
Round 5 Pick 11: Niklas Sade, K, North Carolina State (F)
Round 6 Pick 13: Erick Dargan, SS, Oregon (C-)
Round 7 Pick 12: Corey Grant, RB, Auburn (D)
Your Future Picks:
2016 Round 1 Pick
2017 Round 1 Pick
I took both QBs. With Manziel, McCown, Shaw, Petty, Grayson and Lewis... there has to be a QB in there somewhere.
I took the Big DT that everyone wants... and put Denzel Perryman behind him to light fools up.
I picked up the best TE in the draft, face it, we need him since Cameron left us.
I picked a fast WR and and a couple big uglies for the OL.
A MONSTER at FB. Vargas will look good leading the way for West, Crowell and Grant to TDs. Grant is lightning in a bottle.
Lynden Trail is like 6'7" tall and a former basketball player... jumpball bitches.
I see that Dargan is a smart Safety. Someone to beef up and train to take Whitners spot in the future?
I just grabbed a kicker, I don't know who is a good kicker right now..
Fuck you're stupid
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login