Skip to content

Browns on Hard Knocks

The Browns Board
155 34 5.5k
  • No thanks don't need the distraction or players that haven't earned anything think they're stars

  • @wargograw said:

    All that experience and yet you think there's armadillos in Houston. It's a shame you couldn't actually put it to use.

    i think texas, i think armadillos (i know that's not state-wide but who cares, it's a joke anyways).

    i think ny, i think _ _ _ s.

    just saying.

    @miktoxic said:

    i think texas, i think armadillos (i know that's not state-wide but who cares, it's a joke anyways).

    i think ny, i think _ _ _ s.

    just saying.

    rats, everybody. rats.

  • and here all these new posts today I thought were gonna be about the topic LMAO calm down men

  • and here all these new posts today I thought were gonna be about the topic LMAO calm down men

    @jjmac28 said:

    and here all these new posts today I thought were gonna be about the topic LMAO calm down men

    On topic Terrance West's ego scares me a bit and I don't think HBO cameras will help that
  • @miktoxic said:

    i feel sorry for the people who've never lived outside of where they grew up. how do you experience the 'real' world if you're tied to a hitch your whole life?

    diehard, a fellow vet (who unlike me served in combat) can prob roll off ten cities (prob more) from around the world where he's been just because of his service duty. and among those 10 have 100 great stories to tell of shit you'd never see in houston or in cleveland (manhattan for that matter).

    by the time i was 26 i had prob been to more states and countries than most have only thought about. stateside i might have flown to 3 or 4 destinations but really loved the road trips and if i were to choose where i'd love to live it'd be colorado hands down.

    friggin beautiful.

    but no matter where it is, i'm still rootin for the browns.

    All that experience and yet you think there's armadillos in Houston. It's a shame you couldn't actually put it to use.

    @wargograw said:

    All that experience and yet you think there's armadillos in Houston. It's a shame you couldn't actually put it to use.

    I have seen Armadillos in Mississippi and in Arkansas, but never in Texas.

  • armadillo_front.jpg


  • I will let a guy from Northeast Ohio (Steubenville) have the last word on this:

  • And tell me this if you know Tejas so well....I am thinking of taking a Texas road trip in November.....as I will probably be staying in SA for 2-3 days for a football game. From there I am thinking of driving up to Abilene, then to Wichita Falls, then up into OK for a stop, then back over to Lake Meredith, then to Amarillo and Lubbock, down to Odess/Midland/San Angelo before heading back to SA.

    What recommendations/suggestions do you have?

    @the-gipper said:

    And tell me this if you know Tejas so well....I am thinking of taking a Texas road trip in November.....as I will probably be staying in SA for 2-3 days for a football game. From there I am thinking of driving up to Abilene, then to Wichita Falls, then up into OK for a stop, then back over to Lake Meredith, then to Amarillo and Lubbock, down to Odess/Midland/San Angelo before heading back to SA.

    What recommendations/suggestions do you have?

    lol... you're road tripping the one area of Texas I have not spent time in (and I have no desire to do so)... the panhandle. But in San Antonio I might have a place or two you've not hit visiting your daughter.

    Do the scenic loop in the hills NW of San Antonio... but watch your speed... especially though Grey Moss. Neat winding road of old homes with some spectacular views of the city.

    Speaking of Grey Moss... check out the Grey Moss Inn... tad pricey (except for their amazing wine list where the mark ups as fairly reasonable), but fantastic food including "wild game" specials most nights. Foods are grilled using a round, outdoor pit over Mesquite (what else would they use?). Ask about their Zin Din... I've attended three and made a great friend there.

    For cheap and grubby check out the Tip Top Café in San Anton proper. Best Chicken Fried Steak I've ever had and onion rings to die for...

    No San Anton trip is complete without at least one meal at La Fogata... huge, open air Mexican restaurant.

    Some folks also have to have at least one breakfast at the Gunther House, but it's not worth the wait IMO. The better option is to visit it (interesting mini museum) and buy some Pancake and/or Waffle mix... both are awesome.

    Day trips include:

    Wine country concentrated north of the city. Two fav wineries are Becker's (east of Fredericksberg past the wildflower farm) and Texas Hills (Johnson City). I especially love Texas Hills wines, but Becker's is special as it had a B&B on the property in a renovated 1800's cabin. Spent a honeymoon there.

    November will likely be too late to catch the colors, but if Fall comes late to the area check out a great little Texas park named "Lost Maples". Maple tress are likely common where you live, but they have no business growing in central Texas. Yet somehow there's a valley with a hundreds of them.

  • Rudy's Barbecue. ...

    Even better than Sonny Bryant's.

    WSS

  • I've been doin Texas about 10 times a year since '97....same 2 or 3 places,& the same people, everytime, so I have limited exposure outside of Dallas and my associates...

    But the one thing I will say....Dal/FW airport is a massive hellish evil porthole to nowhere.....never ever land there unless you plan on staying a while.......

    I will also say that Texas....love it or hate it.....is not nearly as homogenized as the rest of the country....to me, so many places feel exactly the same......but not Texas.....when you're there, you KNOW you're there....

  • Okay, heres something. If I were really loaded I would chose to live in Manhattan. Case closed. No city in the USA comes close. But I'm not really loaded so its not relevant.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Okay, here's something. If I were really loaded I would chose to live in Manhattan. Case closed. No city in the USA comes close. But I'm not really loaded so its not relevant.

    LOL- as they say to each their own. Even if I was making $10 million a year, you couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC.

    @westside-steve said:

    Rudy's Barbecue. ...

    Even better than Sonny Bryant's.

    WSS

    Great stuff Steve- I always keep a bottle of their barbecue sauce in my 'fridge. http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Okay, here's something. If I were really loaded I would chose to live in Manhattan. Case closed. No city in the USA comes close. But I'm not really loaded so its not relevant.

    LOL- as they say to each their own. Even if I was making $10 million a year, you couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC.

    @westside-steve said:

    Rudy's Barbecue. ...

    Even better than Sonny Bryant's.

    WSS

    Great stuff Steve- I always keep a bottle of their barbecue sauce in my 'fridge. http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

    @hoorta said:

    LOL- as they say to each their own. Even if I was making $10 million a year, you couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC.

    Ha!....you got that right!....I hate "cities" in general....hate the congestion - traffic - hectic pace - lack of green....(everything reallY)

    Though I imagine people tend to like where they live and thats why they live there....just a hunch..

    But...for me...it's lots of green space, nature and fresh air, coupled with a nice slow small town atmosphere...and no traffic or lines....and people who actually have a minute to stop and say hello......THATS how I like it.......🙂

  • OR

    you could have the best of both worlds. 12 miles north of the biggest city. a 20 minute car ride. a 40 minute train ride. you've got all the nature in the world...all 4 seasons, water at your front door. 5 hours away north and south of other big cities which offer the best in everything from schooling to fooding.

    grew up in a small town atmosphere and ended up in one. hey it ain't sandusky but after being back there many times in 30 years i'd rather take my chances here.

    winter2010_2.jpg

    SNB10002.jpg

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Okay, here's something. If I were really loaded I would chose to live in Manhattan. Case closed. No city in the USA comes close. But I'm not really loaded so its not relevant.

    LOL- as they say to each their own. Even if I was making $10 million a year, you couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC.

    @westside-steve said:

    Rudy's Barbecue. ...

    Even better than Sonny Bryant's.

    WSS

    Great stuff Steve- I always keep a bottle of their barbecue sauce in my 'fridge. http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

    @hoorta said:

    LOL- as they say to each their own. Even if I was making $10 million a year, you couldn't pay me enough to live in NYC.

    Great stuff Steve- I always keep a bottle of their barbecue sauce in my 'fridge. http://www.rudysbbq.com/page/home

    Next time you're in Austin, grab a lawn chair, cooler, and some bros and go to Franklin's BBQ in the morning. The line is 3-5 hours but it's the best stuff in the world.

    I love Rudy's. I go there at least once a month. But the delta between Rudy's and Franklin's is as big as the one between Chili's and Ruth's Chris. Hell yeah, I love Chili's. I could eat Chili's every day. But it ain't Ruth's Chris.

  • OR

    you could have the best of both worlds. 12 miles north of the biggest city. a 20 minute car ride. a 40 minute train ride. you've got all the nature in the world...all 4 seasons, water at your front door. 5 hours away north and south of other big cities which offer the best in everything from schooling to fooding.

    grew up in a small town atmosphere and ended up in one. hey it ain't sandusky but after being back there many times in 30 years i'd rather take my chances here.

    winter2010_2.jpg

    SNB10002.jpg

    @miktoxic said:

    OR

    you could have the best of both worlds. 12 miles north of the biggest city. a 20 minute car ride. a 40 minute train ride. you've got all the nature in the world...all 4 seasons, water at your front door. 5 hours away north and south of other big cities which offer the best in everything from schooling to fooding.

    grew up in a small town atmosphere and ended up in one. hey it ain't sandusky but after being back there many times in 30 years i'd rather take my chances here.

    winter2010_2.jpg

    SNB10002.jpg

    It takes you 40 minutes to go 12 miles on a train? Is the train pulled by donkeys?

    Z

  • @miktoxic said:

    OR

    you could have the best of both worlds. 12 miles north of the biggest city. a 20 minute car ride. a 40 minute train ride. you've got all the nature in the world...all 4 seasons, water at your front door. 5 hours away north and south of other big cities which offer the best in everything from schooling to fooding.

    grew up in a small town atmosphere and ended up in one. hey it ain't sandusky but after being back there many times in 30 years i'd rather take my chances here.

    winter2010_2.jpg

    SNB10002.jpg

    It takes you 40 minutes to go 12 miles on a train? Is the train pulled by donkeys?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    It takes you 40 minutes to go 12 miles on a train? Is the train pulled by donkeys?

    Z

    well when you're stopping every 3 mins.......

  • A few years ago, we visited my Son & his Family in Boerne, Texas, a little north of San Antonio, over the end of May. My "special treat" from him was an outing to the original Rudy's BBQ & Country Store. In addition to the normal fantastic Texas hospitality, they went the extra mile for this old 'Nam Vet.

    As we stood in line to place our order, a lady came up & asked me if I was a combat Vet. When I said "Vietnam", she said, "Your meal is free. Thank you." Rudy's picked up the tab for ALL combat Vets for something like 2 weeks around Memorial Day & I can't describe what that meant to me.

    Is Rudy's good? I will NEVER go back to Texas without heading to Rudy's! Great food & even BETTER people!

    Mike

  • i got a twin brother that lives outside of dallas in a town called The Colony (sounds like something out of a stephen king book) and i've yet to go visit him. but when i finally pull my sorry ass out there i want to find that place that has the 'Steak Challenge'. i mean this steak looks huge and if you can eat it in a certain time you get it for free. place looks cool with a huge cowboy outside etc. but how come they don't pave parking lots in TX? seems like everything is just dirt and rocks.

    hell i lived in Mesa, AZ and they paved the parking lots.............

  • I will let a guy from Northeast Ohio (Steubenville) have the last word on this:

    @the-gipper said:

    I will let a guy from Northeast Ohio (Steubenville) have the last word on this:

    haha that is brutal

  • Rudy's Barbecue. ...

    Even better than Sonny Bryant's.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Rudy's Barbecue. ...

    Love Rudy's... even played for them in a golf tourney many moons ago. But I think my fav overall BBQ joint was Cotton's in Robstown, TX. Heard it burned down a few years ago, but I think they rebuilt in Corpus.

    Great thing is you can have many favorite BBQ joints as there are a lot of things to BBQ and I don't know of any that are the best at everything... everything being the basic brisket, ribs and sausage.

    And then there are the specialties like BBQ Duck at Goode & Co. and BBQ Crab at Sartan's (which sadly I think is gone now).